Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Weight Loss and body fat increasing !!

ANSWERED

Hello!

I am French so sorry for my poor English level: i come here because i have a story and a little problem/question…

I hope this community will be more helpful than the French one 😉

First of all, a bit of “Storytelling”:

I have a FitBit One for more than 1 year. The main purpose was first only to discover my number of steps months after months (I like walks and statistics) and I had no “Weight Loss” goal…

Then, 5-6 months ago, quite stressfull moments got me to get bigger and bigger, then, few weeks ago I had a revelation: THIS MUST STOP!

So I began to really take care of my alimentation and I began to use the all Fitbit interface… And when I say all, it’s really all: daily weight, every aliments and calories eaten and weighted, every physical activity… And I also used the electronic coach included (the goal was to loose 5kg in 6 months: I wanted to discover my motivation before begin to be more ambitious).

And… it’s really working for the moment!! And faster than expected (I almost reached my goal 1 months and half after the beginning). But suddenly my old fashion scale broke up, and I decide to break my piggy-bank and invest in a FitBit Aria smart Scale (for me, the automatic filling of my every day weight to the dashboard by wifi was really a good way to keep de dynamic up !). This is how I discovered the % BODY FAT calculation.

And so, my problem: the more I lose weight, the more I gain body fat!!

And I don’t understand it (you can see the graphics below… In french, sorry!): I understand this figures that my efforts on my alimentation (I only took attention to the quantities first, I will check de kind of food eaten later) and on my physical activities (walk, swimming, bike… As never in my life) lead me to the good way on the weight, but in the very bad move on the body fat %!!

original.jpg

(In green, the body fat increasing. The blue sign is to point the date when I had the Aria scale.)

Does anyone understand and can explain me these figures? With all this sport, i can’t lose muscles right?

When I will have definitely reached my current goal, my real goal is to lose 5 more kilos till the end of the year… I would like to be sure that I go on the right way and that I don’t do any kind of wrong things…

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

-----
Do You Meuh ?
Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106
On Amazon the instructions for Aria 2 say “To get more accurate stats, set your scales to the right mode – Regular or Lean.” Could that be the issue? I only have original Aria.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, i also have a Fitbit Aria the 2nd edition, it reads my body fat
percentage incorrectly, but seems to be pretty accurate on the other
metrics.
A number of things can make your body fat % spike or dip including what you
ate the night or days before, your water intake, what time your last meal
was and if youve used the bathroom recently.
Its best to weigh your self at the same time each morning right after using
the restroom, that way it avgs the factors i mentioned before making for a
more consistent reading.
The number still may be wrong but you can accurately track change, along
with body composition comparisons.
Best Answer

@snoodlest wrote:
On Amazon the instructions for Aria 2 say “To get more accurate stats, set your scales to the right mode – Regular or Lean.” Could that be the issue? I only have original Aria.

I also have the original Aria, which also lets you choose between "regular" and "lean". It’s mentioned in the manual:

2019-05-13_1017.png

However, I can’t seem to find the place in the current Dashboard where you can change the setting. All I know is I’ve always been using "regular", ever since I bought my Aria six years ago.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found the same. Went in to settings but could not see how to change from regular to lean?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is what i found on how to switch between regular and lean, i would
think that regular would be the correct setting, but it doesnt hurt to
switch and see if you get a more accurate reading.
I personally dont have any experience using the lean setting but will try
it out now
Best Answer
0 Votes

I poked around on the fitbit App on my iPhone and found it. Click on the upper right menu. Click on Aria. Click on People Using this Scale. Click on your initials. There you can switch on Lean Mode, and see if it makes a difference. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, i only had the option to take it off lean so I did. I guess now I have it set to regular. I will see if this makes a difference once I weigh myself tomorrow morning uk time. 

Best Answer