Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help and advice with recording WEIGHT and FOOD diary please

Morning everyone 😊

Slowly adjusting to my fit bit charge 2 and grateful for the advice received to date.

Can anyone advise how to delete and start again with weight input please as I seem to have messed up my settings. I know what they to input them again. Or will this mess everything else up?

My weigh loss to date since few weeks ago doesn't appear correct, so I need it right for my own mind. Thanks so much.

Also, it asked for body mass, how on earth do I record that....I have no idea? Thank you all 🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Also, it asked for body mass, how on earth do I record that....I have no idea? Thank you all 

Actually, it’s body fat %, i.e. the ratio between fat mass and total body mass. It’s only relevant if you have a scale that also estimates body fat % (this is usually done via a method called bioelectrical impedance analysys). The Fitbit Aria smart scale is one such scale. It will automatically sync your weight and body fat % to your Fitbit account. Scales from Withings and Weight Gurus can also do the same. Many other scales support body fat %, but won’t "talk" to your Fitbit account, so you’d have to write it down and manually enter it in Fitbit (via your Dashboard or the mobile app).

Regarding "wrong" weight entries: you can delete them via your Dashboard under Measurement History, by clicking on the x symbol that follows the entry in question:

2017-02-25_1454.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I quoted incorrectly ref the body FAT percentage, but I don't have a special scales, so why would this be recorded? I'm not too interested regarding these ratios at the moment, once I get into it I'm sure I will want to learn more. I'm using the fit bit as an incentive to lose a couple of stone, help log my food ref CARB intake and reduce my blood glucose levels.

This is why I started a thread for help with logging food.

Regarding the weight entries, I deleted the last few weeks entries, now showing last and this week''s entries, which is a 4Ib loss, but my overall up to date weight still isn't accurate to reflect 4Ib. So how can I monitor weight loss to date if it doesn't appear to be what it should be?

Thank you Dominique.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I said, body fat % is only relevant if you have a way to estimate it. If your scale doesn’t support body fat %, you can just ignore it.

Looking at my own weight data, it seems like weight loss is calculated based on your weight when you last set your weight goal. Not sure about that, however, as it’s not a feature I really use.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes