Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help from community re: stagnant weight loss

ANSWERED

Hi - I haven’t lost any weight the last few months and am looking for pointers and/or anecdotes 🙂 

I’m 38, F, 140 lbs. I’ve been at a 500 calorie deficit for several weeks. I log every single thing and have been religiously sticking with it. My food choices are healthy, I’m not new to good nutrition, and while I allow myself the odd glasse wine, coffee or that handful of chips, most of what I eat are lean meats, fish, veggies, whole grains, light dairy and other healthy fats. I almost never have processed foods, I don’t often eat out. I drink only water, tea and those occasional wine/coffee. I’ve not gone over my goal consumption once. 

I feel I can safely say that what/how much I am eating is not the issue?

I always achieve 10k steps, if not over. I work out 5-6 times per week for 30 minutes doing high-intensity cardio. I keep my heart rate above 150 the entire time. I run errands, mind the house, walk the dog, go for walks with my child. Other than that, I’m not the most active person. 

My goal weight is 130. Started my weightloss journey at 154. Currently at 140 after about 8 months. I only recently got a Fitbit, started logging calories at deficit, and got more serious about shedding these last 10 lbs. 

I’m fortunate in that I never had weight problems and I’ve always had a healthy diet and weight. My weight jump from 130 to 154 came over the course of a year of super sedentary lifestyle, which was new for me, and a mild case of alcoholism. I made a change about a year ago. With far less wine and regular working out, I was able to shed the first 14 lbs. 

So here I am. Stuck around 140 for the last 3 months. I’d love to hear from you guys. I’m familiar with adaptive thermogenesis, what do you guys think about cycling my diet? Upping my deficit? Changing my workouts? 

Thanks much!

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Just wanted to report back. I've been eating only 1600 calories per day for a few weeks now. Previously I was eating what Fitbit calculated for me based on my BMR and daily activities, which was around 1900-2000 cal/day. My weight loss was stalled at 140 for a while. 

I'm losing weight! Down to 135 from 140 in just a few short weeks. My goal weight is 130. Since nothing has changed with my health or content of my diet, and my workouts are *about* the same, I am attributing this loss to the decreased caloric intake. 

Thanks to all who posted replies to me. 

Cheers!

Best Answer

Just wanted to update. I’m at a consistent weight of 133 now. So reducing my caloric intake even lower than what Fitbit was recommending (for active profile) has seemed to do the trick. I’m still eating between 1500-1600 calories per day with around a 1320 BMR. 

Best Answer