Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Challenge! Maintain or lose but do not gain!

ANSWERED

I read that the average person puts on 6 pounds over the holidays and doesn't ever lose them.  Let's not let that happen to us!  This challenge will run through December 31st!  Here is the challenge:

Pick a goal for how you plan to eat through this challenge.  It is your choice but some examples might be giving up all processed foods, eating mindfully, eating plant based diet, etc.

Choose an exercise regime you will commit to do daily.

Stay accountable to the group by reporting in daily or if you can't do that just report as often as you can.

Who is with me??  Let's do this!  Here is my commitment to the challenge:

I am eating 90% plant based diet with no processed foods and limiting salt.

I will walk enough to get 10K steps a day 

Best Answer
171 REPLIES 171
I was taking a moment to read some posts old and new and was thinking... If folks are looking at my numbers, they won't know where I started and how I came to be a fitbit user. This is my story... I am an emotional eater and allowed someone to affect me emotionally that I gained 90 lbs. I started my journey weighing 225 lbs. After losing 24 lbs my husband bought me a fitbit (never heard of it, at the time) and I was so excited about having something that would challenge me. I weighed myself yesterday and I now weigh 179 lbs😁. I am determined to get back to my previous weight of 135 lbs and with all I have learned, doing research on healthy eating, exercise, using workouts to destress and much spiritual healing I will, in the words of Rev Run "let go of the past so you'll have a free hand to open the door to your future... Go forward, your future is spotless". I don't want my health to be the reason I won't be able to watch my daughter get married or have her babies. I love my family so much that I will no longer allow someone take control of my life and emotions. Everyone, have a great day and keep up the great work!
Best Answer
You can tell that GREAT GREAT story in your profile, too!
Thans for sharing!
Cande
Best Answer

Craziness, that is a wonderful story!  Now that the holidays are over, I hope you and anyone else who are still trying to lose, will come over to join my Mother's Day challenge.  The challenge is to lose 20 by Mother's Day, May 11th.  If you have trouble finding it, just type in Mother's Day on the question box on main page for Weight Loss Discussions and it should come up.

After meeting the challenge to lose 30 # by Christmas and meeting the challenge to not gain any weight from December 14th start of the holiday challenge to December 31st, I went and gained 4 pounds.  Technically I met the holiday challenge because even with the 4 pound gain, I was still under what I weighed when I started the challenge.  So, I should have set the challenge up better to keep me on the straight and narrow!!  I considered the Challenge over on New Years Eve and that was a bad move.  Next year, I am sticking to a challenge until a week after New Years!!  I have one pound left to lose to have those 4 off and then I will start counting toward the 20 for Mother's Day.

Best Answer
Thank you Cande...

Thanks Shelley... I will look that challenge up. My birthday is May 9th and what a better gift than that of 20 lbs:)
Best Answer
0 Votes

wow great ty

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with you I'm doing the slimming world plan and will be food optimising all over the festive season in a hope to keep my weight loss going or at least maintain until the end of the year. I will be doing between 10,000 and 15'000 steps per day

Best Answer

My biggest challenge is this weekend trying to get off the diner bandwagon:

• IHOP
  • AppleBees
  • Bob Evans
  • Subway
  • Starbucks
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am in with this challenge
I would like to lose 2lbs by end of dec and 23 by April
I will do 10,000 steps and eAt under 1250 cAl a day
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will participate. My goal is to stick within my weight watchers points and do my best to stay away from processed foods. I, also, will walk 10,000 steps a day in addition to strengthening exercises at the gym. Thanks for the support! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep my calories below 2000 and 14,000 steps/day starting today for whole month of December. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is this group still going on?? I love the idea of a holiday challenge!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's do this! I'm in!Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

OK, Ladies, I'm in. My goals are:

No gain.

Stick to my strength training program (3 workouts/week).

Treadmill at least 30 min on at least one other day/week..

Food: 

When exposed to holiday cocktails, punch, etc., have only one.

Eat healthy vegs, legumes, etc., before going to parties so I don't fill up on fatty snacks/hors d'hoevres.

OK to splurge on Christmas and New Year's --but only if I also work out those days, even if it's off-schedule (appetite control).

Best Answer
Solid goals everyone!!! I can't wait to see all your awesome end results!!
My goals:
Yoga 3-4 times a week.
Strength training 4-5 times a week
Running 1 mile a day- focusing on time improvement.
Smaller portion sizes and stay inside calorie/fat/sugar/sodium/carb intake.
And of course my 10,000 steps a day! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in.  where do I post to enter this challenge

Best Answer
0 Votes
Right here!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me in! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I want to try this.... my goal is to give up fast food!!!!

I want to do 100 crunches a night and my knee exercises.

Best Answer

I'm in.  As a long time member of WW I know the importance of recording what I eat.  My resolution will be to do that on Fitbit.  If I do that I know I will eat less and what I eat will be healty.

Having just had arthroscopic surgery on my knee my activity is limited.  My goal is to walk a little more each day.  Note:  I use to be a marathon runner but those days are far behind me.

I must lose weight to preserve the cartilage that is left in my aging knees.  My goal is to lose 15 pounds and to begin NOW.

Best Answer

I'm new to the Fitbit Community but I've been a member of MFP for almost 2 years now and I'm no stranger to a good challenge. For the past few months I've challenged myself to a new 30 day challenge October was squats & planks; November 7+ hours sleep, no eating after 8pm (no excuses), and 30 mins fitness daily; December I'm still undeceided but I guess NO GAINES is good enough for me.... LOL

I'm 9 lbs from reaching my next mini goal I won't throw the towel in yet but I'm not certain I'll reach it before 12/31/2014 but if I could get pretty close to it I would be SUPER happy. 

Best Answer