Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Challenge! Maintain or lose but do not gain!

ANSWERED

I read that the average person puts on 6 pounds over the holidays and doesn't ever lose them.  Let's not let that happen to us!  This challenge will run through December 31st!  Here is the challenge:

Pick a goal for how you plan to eat through this challenge.  It is your choice but some examples might be giving up all processed foods, eating mindfully, eating plant based diet, etc.

Choose an exercise regime you will commit to do daily.

Stay accountable to the group by reporting in daily or if you can't do that just report as often as you can.

Who is with me??  Let's do this!  Here is my commitment to the challenge:

I am eating 90% plant based diet with no processed foods and limiting salt.

I will walk enough to get 10K steps a day 

Best Answer
171 REPLIES 171
Wow! Commit, Commit. It's really all about that. Good for you. I know you're proud and you should be! Congrats,
Cande
Best Answer
0 Votes

Last day! 🙂

Diet: Indulging in some NYE foods but portioning appropriately and basically trying drink stacks of water and eat mindfully (as opposed to snacking mindlessly).

Exercise: Zilch, but I have really bad bug bites on my legs at the moment and they swell/get unbearably itchy when I walk :'(

Overall: Went to lunch with a friend the other day and they commented on my visible weight loss - whoo hoo! Only 5kg/~10 pounds off my target weight now so hoping to hit that sometime in 2015.

Best Answer
0 Votes

game on count me in...always up for a challenge. so far i have lost 2.5 pounds over the holiday and have enjoyed my new fitbit..

Best Answer
0 Votes
last day - but going to my kids tonight and they will have Chinese food (mostly healthy) - I will just have a sliver of the New Year eve pie! Will NOT pick up spare ribs to add to food (my favorite!!).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I failed horribly. I tried to be apart of the festivities and still watch what I was eating but I guess I was too much part of the party because I managed to gain 6lbs in under a week. Though it is encouraging to hear what so many of you are doing to keep the weight off or maintain.

Happy New Year everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Down 4 1/2 lbs since I started the challenge after Thanksgiving. Had a moderate meal with family New Years eve - and kept dessert down to 1 black bean brownie with 1 spoonful of ice cream on top. Did eat mostly the steamed vegetables with just a bit of garlic sauce.

Now on to 2015 - plan to lose at least 40 lbs and if I can lose 50, will be at goal weight.

Best Answer

offthewall....be there with you into 2015   best of luck   Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just ordered nutri system so i'm in i will walk my 10,000 steps and take the stairs at work i'm determined i just wish my charge would zap me when i want to eat something bad

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's funny! YOU have to zap yourself when you want to eat something NOT on your approved list. Commit, commit, commit... And you can do it! Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have not gain I have lost 2 pounds  now 160.8 I am happy with that  go me go

Best Answer

This is the Monday to get started! Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy 

Did you rock your Holiday challenge? How?

Most importantly, how are you tackling 2015?

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd like to join. I have to figure out how ton lower the preset calories in the charge hr. It is set for over 2,000 and that is way too high for me unless I'm running a marathon that day.
Best Answer
0 Votes