Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my Fitbit to follow weight loss

I have twice changed my target goal for losing weight (dropping from 235 to 220 and now to 200). I started at 265 and I want to see the total weight loss not just the weight loss from when I started a new goal. Is there a way to get the Fitbit to start counting pounds lost from a specific date and not simply from the date of the new goal?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have twice changed my target goal for losing weight (dropping from 235 to 220 and now to 200). I started at 265 and I want to see the total weight loss not just the weight loss from when I started a new goal. Is there a way to get the Fitbit to start counting pounds lost from a specific date and not simply from the date of the new goal?

Best Answer

There is no way to do it from a specific date. But you should have your goal set at your permanent Goal. Not mini goals. I think its important to see the total pounds lost. Not mini goals

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

What you could do to mitigate the problem is:

1. link your Fitbit account to TrendWeight (see link in my signature)
  2. set your end goal in Fitbit, and keep it unchanged
  3. set your "mini-goals" in TrendWeight, and change them as needed

TrendWeight makes it very easy to have a look at your history and switch periods. If you select "All", you will easily see your total loss so far.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly they weren't mini goals when I set them. When you are 265 pounds, just getting to 230 seemed unattainable at the time! 

Best Answer

Yes, I probably used the wrong word: let’s say, intermediary goals.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chipc3 wrote:

@Chipc3  Try this from your computer.

1. Click "see more" on food tile (hover over tile until options appear at bottom, "see more" is on the right.)

2. Scroll right on the "Food Plan" until it changes to "Plan Summary."

3.  Click "edit plan."

4.  Change to starting date to the date you started losing and the starting weight to 265.

That should do it.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer