Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does app calculate calories in?

New to Fitbit!

Just wondering how the app calculates my calories in? 

I'm using My fitness Pal to log my calories, and today I have consumed 1156 calories. According to the Fitbit app I have consumed 1519. 

How is it calculating this? I have linked the 2 apps but confused by the discrepancy. 

Any help appreciated. 

Many thanks 

Alicia

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Aliciaclare -- Once you've got them linked, what MFP and Fitbit show should be pretty close to the same, assuming you ONLY enter your food in the MFP app.  (If you add something you ate on the fitbit side I think it is just added to whatever is synced over from MFP, which may result double counting if the same item was recorded in MFP).

Anyway, lets troubleshoot.  You should be able to click the "Calories in" tile that will get you to a more detailed screen.  If you were entering foods in fitbit, they would show up here under the meal they were logged under.  But if you are only using MFP, you should just see calorie and macro breakdowns by meal.  You can the compare to MFP to see which meal is incorrect.

If you make entries on MFP and the two apps sync, and then make a correction on MFP, you will have to wait until the apps sync again for the correction to carry over.  I'm not sure how often the two apps sync and I don't think you can force a sync.   

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes