Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I run for

How long should I run for to start burning fat and losing weight?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Are you asking the duration of the run or how long will it take?  No real answer as everyone is different!

But, here's what worked for me:

• Buy a smart scale to track (weight, fat%, BMI, muscle% ect...)
  • Run, fastwalk or walk for 1 hour no matter what!
  • Align your water/food intake with your goals, everyday
  • May need to adjust your calorie intake over time to ensure goals are being met
  • 30 Days to create a habit for running if you stick with it

Recently I've noticed my decline in weight isn't dropping as fast, realized I've changed from Hiking and 21-Day Fix (Legs & Total Body workouts) to Hiking & Biking (Only heavy leg days) without changing my water/food intake.  So I need to re-adjust my workouts and determine if my water/food needs to be adjusted to get me back on track, without this information I would have gone 30 days not knowing, this is why the smart scale is so great!  I weigh myself morning and night (I'm a data nerd!)

Screenshot_20200610-074937.png

Best of luck with your goals and I hope you reach them!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very vague question as it depends on the person. Are you obese? If so, I wouldn't recommend running but instead brisk walking. Have any joint pain? Have you ever ran before? ect. ect. Without knowing much else, here is a great resource you can check out in hopes it may help answer your question: 

https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/go-red-get-fit/what-exercise-is-right-for-me

-Trainer AJ
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm just wondering how long because right now everyone is in quarantine and I still want to stay active. What is a recommended about of time to run everyday? I'm not fat, but I don't want to get into a habit of staying in my home. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok! Well in that case definitely check out the link I posted.

-Trainer AJ
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums @Arnold72

I think this would depend on each person's goals and current weight, but people usually go from 20 to 60 minutes, sometimes even more. This is where you can use your Fitbit and Fitbit app for support; make sure to create your food plan and set up some activity goals to have a better idea of how long you should run to achieve those goals faster. 

Don't forget to share your progress here in the forums 😎

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes