Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep motivated?

What do you do to keep motivated? Im really struggling, one day I'm fine and the next I'm not. I do not have a very good support group. HELP!
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I found what worked for me was to set small goals. Lose 10 pounds, lose 15, lose 5...whatever works best for you. Keep an overall goal in mind but do it in increments so it doesn't feel daunting to see a big number left to go. What's your background? Family? How much do you need to lose?  Lifestyle?

Most importantly you have to find what works for you, no diet or excercise program is a one size fits all. I personally am a full time worker and also a mother to 2 children and a wife. My days are filled from sun up to sun down with all kind of responsiblity but I make sure to take at least 3 days a week and dedicate 30 mins to some type of excercise routine. Walking, running, gym workout. You have to put yourself first sometimes to be a better person for others.

Best Answer

@Amp551, check out this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Share-Your-Story/Motivation/m-p/1174856#U1174856 in the Share Your Story forum. There are several good ideas there.

Best Answer

Motivation is so key and it's great that you're asking for support instead of failing. Here are a few ideas - different things work for different people.

1. A photo of yourself onthe wall/fridge/food cupboard can help. Also a photo of how you want to look  so that every time you go to eat something you think about whether it will help or hinder your quest.

2. Some people need to feel pressure or competition to stick to their weight loss regime. You can do this either by betting someone/a group at work/family you will reach a goal eg waist measurement/clothes size by a certain date. Post it on facebook!

3. Hypnosis CDs for weight loss can also be beneficial - or even learning to meditate

4. Don't have processed/moreish food at home and take low calorie, healthy snacks with you when you leave the house so you have no excuse to buy junk while you're out!

5. Learn to make healthy choices in restaurants - drink water, choose salads or soups, avoid heavy carbs and deep fried food.  Steak and salad with a little vinaigrette is delicious and satisfying even without chips or fries!

Hope one or more of these works for you! Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would try to figure out the difference in the days where you are good vs not good. what happens on the good days that doesn't on the bad or vice versa.. then you might be able to build a strategy to overcome the not good days.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes