Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hungrier the Healthier I Am?

I’ve lost 30+ pounds since I got my Fitbit last September, but recently I’ve noticed I’m SO MUCH HUNGRIER all the time!! Is that usual for people who live a healthy lifestyle?

I workout for 1hr30min a day and eat healthily.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

If you aren't giving your body enough calories to make up for the massive amounts you burn while exercising, you will constantly feel hungry because your body is in a massive deficit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’d say your increased appetite is your body’s normal physiological reaction to having lost a large amount of weight in a relatively short period of time. You need to convince it your new, lower weight is what’s healthy for you. This can take some time.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mawhcus - welcome!  Congrats on your progress and success!

I don't think excessive hunger is usual for people who live a healthy lifestyle -- assuming you don't want to regain the 30 pounds, my suggestion is to understand the mechanisms of hunger and adjust your eating to reduce your cravings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @mawhcus,

Congrats over your weight loss. Yes it is bit common to feel hungrier when you start eating clean. I would suggest you to have a cheat day every week. This would ensure you are not missing out on the other foods you are avoiding. Or you can start eating by 80:20 rule wherein you eat 80 % of the food- healthy while the remaining 20% can be any food of your choice. Alternatively you can munch on some nuts, fruits or something with good protein content like eggs, cottage cheese to feel fuller.

Hope this helps you!

Regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can either be at a bigger calorie deficit than needed and/or your protein levels are not high enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes