Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I allways had that problem !!!!

I m not hungry.

So every time I eat something I write it down ,I was not Surprised what my number was in food intake.

between 450 and 600 cal.   

I know ,I know its not enough .

Any ideas ???  I can try ????

Thank you 🙃

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

What is your exact problem? Is it that you just realized how little you are eating (450-600 calories is indeed very little, especially for someone like you who appears to be quite active, based on your average daily step count of 12.5k, as per your profile), and that you don’t know what to do about it (the obvious answer would be: just eat more)? Or is it that you can’t eat more because you’re not hungry? 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Yes I’m not hungry, so I don’t think about food at all , and when I eat , my food is healthy food .
I’m a very good cook . 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would use an online calculator such as this one to determine your BMR and TDEE. Based on your average step count, I would select "moderate" for the activity level. You will likely find your calculated energy requirement is above 1500 calories, i.e. above three times what you say you are eating.

The equation used by the calculator assumes you’re an average person (for your age and size). Actual people are distributed according to a bell curve (aka Gaussian/normal distribution), but even if you were at the extreme low end of the curve (unusually low metabolism), your TDEE would still be above 1000 calories. In other words, the numbers don’t seem to add up. If you were chronically eating under 600 calories per day, you would be severely underweight. Is this the case?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @roswotha, just as @Dominique mentioned, I think using an online calculator and keeping good track not only of calories burned, but also of calories you need to eat every day, is very important and beneficial. 

I would recommend that you go step by step, start counting the calorie consumption and making sure to reach a healthy target. With time, this will become a habit and you'll just get used to eating a certain amount of food (a healthy food goal that goes in line with your fitness goals). 💪

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I'm not underweight ( sometime I wish ) ,I have a very low metabolism. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can definitely relate to that @roswotha, I have a low metabolism as well. Loosing weight and getting in shape has always been difficult for me because of this. Thank you for sharing. 

Best Answer

Hi @roswotha 

I find that eating every 3 hours helps me reach my calorie and macro goals.  Sometimes eating too few calories can contribute to a slower metabolism.  For me - eating 5-6 meals healthy meals, around 200-250 calories each, 3 hours apart helps ensure I get enough calories in every day (never below 1,200 calories). It seems to keep my metabolism up too 😊

Best Answer
Thank you I will try .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please keep us posted @roswotha 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, keep us posted on your progress @roswotha!! 😁 

Best Answer