Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost 140 pounds and have kept it off 30 years. I'll help you if I can.

I lost 140 pounds after 25 years of obesity and failure with diets and weight loss baloney. I've kept it off 30 years. I'll help you, if I can. Ask anything, I'll do my best to be helpful.

I'm a formerly obese person and a Licensed Counselor. I'll be a supportive friend here if you need one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You posted an almost identical message a couple of weeks ago. While it’s a fine achievement to have lost a lot of weight and managed to keep it off, many community members have done the same without having to remind everyone about it every now and then. If you want to help people, you can take part in the ongoing discussions in which you feel you have something to contribute. Since you mentioned you’re a Licensed Counselor, you may want to include your full credentials, that is "Licensed Mental Health Counselor" (just in case some people think you’re a nutritionist, dietetician etc.).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, specializing in weight loss and food addiction.  I've written a great deal and there is a cv at Linkedin. 

I'm here to offer help to anyone who would like it, but cannot follow other discussions here with my time and work constraints. I can check here from time to time during breaks to see if anyone asks anything of me here. 

I'm offering what is possible for me to offer. . 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

I'm a formerly obese person and a Licensed Counselor. I'll be a supportive friend here if you need one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking for some assistance.  I need to lose 100 pounds the healthy way.  I do have a Fitbit which has helped, but my weakness is the sodium. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sodium will not interfere with your weight loss goals. Eating too many calories will. Are you accurately, precisely measuring the number of calories you are putting in your body each day? Fitbit can be helpful, but you must weigh and measure and make sure you are being as accurate and honest in this accounting as any scientist at any lab in any university. Keep your records on paper if fitbit is not helping you. 

Have you read all my work? It is at my website, and The Huffington Post and Thrive Global have many of my articles. The blog articles are all free and filled with help. After you have read it, ask any question you have for me. 

Best Answer

Sodium will interfere with your water retention, but you can only lose that water weight once and not keep losing it. If you eat salty and hold water due to that and then stop eating salty you will only lose the water once. So for maintained weight loss sodium does nothing where calories do

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@Dave001, I was not referring to temporary water retention when I referred to a person's weight loss goals. I work with people who need to lose over 25 pounds, usually 50 to 200 pounds. The 5 pound fluctuations that occur with water retention due to occasional salty meals are not a real concern, medically or behaviorally. Paying attention to that for weight loss is a mistake. People with hypertension need to avoid salt, but otherwise, there is no need to avoid moderate use of salt. 

As @Esya pointed out, cutting out salt to reduce weight is bad advice, foolish.

Regarding your lack of published textbooks, popular books at Amazon, columns at Thrive Global and The Huffington Post, or a professional presence with a website or LinkedIn page, no apology needed.  My blessings there are the result of hard work and grace that I am fortunate to have experienced and for which I am thankful. I know not everyone is so fortunate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes