Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've become emotionally attached to my Fitbit

ANSWERED

I got my Fitbit Alta HR almost two years ago and have worn it almost constantly since then. At first, I really only paid attention to the step counter and the 30 minutes of exercise - but 4 months ago, I started a much closer relationship with the watch AND the app, as I started an initiative to lower my weight and improve my health. In December, I bought a newer model Fitbit, and put it aside as a reward for when I reached a certain weight goal. I've now reached that goal, and realize that I'm having a hard time putting away my old, battered Fitbit that was there for me with encouragement when I was less active and heavier. Am I crazy?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Lots of us are crazy!  I have quite a few Fitbits now, but the one I love best I haven’t used in several years.  For me it is the Charge HR (not actually my first Fitbit, but the one that really turned me in to a Fitbit - well, I won’t say fanatic, but something close).  Let’s just say that I haven’t been without one on my wrist, night or day, for more than five years, though I have a more up to date one I love now...

Your new Charge 3 has lots for you to love!  Let us know if you have any questions to get the best out of it.  At the end of the day, though each model has different features, they all work basically the same way and the main focus is to keep you moving and helping you reach your goals.

Congratulations on moving on and up!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@KeepPeace wrote:

... Am I crazy?

Yes. 😁

On the plus side, since it runs on an older operating system, now that you have a second fibit you can add it to your account wear it while the Alta HR is charging and not miss a single step!  One of the nice features about the discontinued fitbit devices is that you can have several of them on your account at the same time, so long as they are not the same model, and even if you've also have one of newer models on your account (inspire, Charge 3, Versa line, Ionic).

So what fibit did you get as your reward?

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a lovely Charge 3 waiting for me to bring it online. Probably will do so this weekend. 🙂

Best Answer

Lots of us are crazy!  I have quite a few Fitbits now, but the one I love best I haven’t used in several years.  For me it is the Charge HR (not actually my first Fitbit, but the one that really turned me in to a Fitbit - well, I won’t say fanatic, but something close).  Let’s just say that I haven’t been without one on my wrist, night or day, for more than five years, though I have a more up to date one I love now...

Your new Charge 3 has lots for you to love!  Let us know if you have any questions to get the best out of it.  At the end of the day, though each model has different features, they all work basically the same way and the main focus is to keep you moving and helping you reach your goals.

Congratulations on moving on and up!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer