Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it better to use all the calories alloted to eat or have some left over?

ANSWERED
I have a fit bit flex. On how many calories used I usually about 300 calories left for the day of my goal. Yesterday I had only 16 calories left that I could still eat. Is it better to use the entire amount alloted for the day or have some left over?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

50 over is better than 100 below. 16 is close enough.

A goal is something to reach, not to miss.

Willing to miss your goal weight by 5% and figure that's close enough?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

50 over is better than 100 below. 16 is close enough.

A goal is something to reach, not to miss.

Willing to miss your goal weight by 5% and figure that's close enough?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
Good point::) thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are trying to lose weight you should be trying to cut the calories.  Less is good.  Not a lot less but 300 is not a lot.  Someone told me to try and cut 500 a day and lose a pound a week.  I think a pound of fat is 3500 calories.  So good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want to lose weight you want to have 500 cals left over a day (3500 less per week for one pound of fat).  For maintaining your weight any amount arount the 0 is ok.  I sure wouldn't keep eating just because the numbers aren't zero.  If you haven't wrecked your metabalism your body will let you know when you have had enough to eat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you've set a calorie deficit goal in your account, you should be trying to eat all the calories Fitbit allots for you each day. Fitbit automatically takes out the calorie deficit that you've chosen.

So, for example, if you have your Fitbit set up with a 500 calorie a day deficit and you are consistently coming in 300 calories below what Fitbit tells you to eat, then you are eating a total of 800 calories less than what you are burning each day. Not a huge problem occasionally, but if you don't have much weight left to lose, then probably not the best idea to do on a regular basis.

If you have Fitbit set up with a 1000 calorie a day deficit and you are eating 300 calories below your goal, then you are taking in 1300 calories less each day than you are burning. That's a big difference between your intake and burned calories.

Best Answer