Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Izzy's Slim Down Challenge

Hello Everyone
I just realized that its only 15 weeks before vacation ! Wouldn't it be great to be at goal or at least 20 pounds lighter for vacation and the summer. Well, we can do it. Lets all get excited and start planning to reach our goals and imagine ourselves looking and feeling great.

I myself have personal goal to lose 48 pounds by end of June 15th. I have already lost 7 pounds sense starting a diet 2/19/17.  I am going to take 1 day at a time, small steps and be patient with myself, forgive myself for little slipups. I will commit to keeping track of my meals, water, exercise

and planning a head. I also challenge everyone else to do the same.

I challenge all of you to jump in and get excited about losing again, Nothing feels better than losing those extra pounds.  Don't forget to check in weekly let everyone know how you are doing. It does not matter when you start, Just start. Woman Happy

My start weight:
Feb.19: 219.6

Feb.27: 212.2

Goal: 172

"Never hope for It More than you Work for It."
Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@k5j2h92 wrote:

I have 20 pounds to lose before my vacation too.

@k5j2h92: you’re 23, you have so many summer vacations ahead of you. You don’t have to lose 20 pounds before the next ones. You need to do it in a sustainable way, not via a quick fix.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on a metabolic syndrome treatment through my doctor, it is not a QUICK FIX. It will take me 6 months are longer to get my body healthy and back to where it should be. I am lucky that because of the treatment and supplements, I am doing better. My body is in detox and the results are that I am beginning to lose weight because I am becoming more healthy and my body is functioning as it should.

Don't let people tell you that its some kind of a quick fix, its not. When the body becomes toxic, it holds on to fat to protect itself. So to get it to release the fat, you must get rid of the toxins. This program is very strict and has to be followed to the letter. There is no cheating, no excuses for not following the recommended program.

If you are serious about losing weight, find a good healthy, balanced diet and stick to it. If you work it as directed with NO CHEATING, NO EXCUSES, you will lose weight.

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am doing the happy dance, down 16.6 pounds! in 1 month. I hope that I can do it again in the next 30 days.Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my plateau is over, down 3.3 pounds this week.Heart

Best Answer

Congrats for the weekly loss!

Weight loss is seldom linear, so "plateaus" are bound to happen. If you’re entering your weigh-ins in your Fitbit account (or using a scale that can automatically sync to your account), you may want to link it to TrendWeight, a free service which – as the name implies – makes it easier to see where your weight is trending.

You said you started at 219.6 on Feb.19. Where are you now, after the 3.3 lb loss that followed the plateau?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dominique thanks I am now 200 and hopefully Tuesday I will be under. HopefullySmiley Wink

This is normal for me, after the first 20 pounds, I plateau. The strange thing is, I cheated(1st time) my BD Friday and the next day I lost 3 pounds.Smiley Surprised What do you thing that would cause that? Is it that I am not eating enough? I don't want to cheat and I was disappointed afterwards, I was really mad at myself for breaking my streak. I wanted to see if I could shock my body into losing again, it worked. For BD I ate 1 slice of cheese pizza and a cupcake. 

How are things going with you?

Izzy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow this is great.  Love to hear all about it. 

If you don't mind me asking, what kind is shakes are you taking twice a day. Any particular brand? 

How many days of were do you work out? 

I would to join your challenge, and take this journey with you. I need to lose some weight, 30 pounds. 

You are doing great. Congrats, you should reach your goal. 

Irma 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Catch37hl wrote:

what kind is shakes are you taking twice a day. Any particular brand? 

@Catch37hl: shakes can be a great way to get enough protein without too many calories. Instead of worrying about the brand (which implies they are proprietary – and usually expensive –  blends with other stuff in addition to protein), make your own from quality, unflavoured protein powder. Choose a protein powder you can tolerate well and that is compatible with your eating philosophy. Whey protein is a good start. If you don’t tolerate it, or want to use non-dairy (or plant) sources, there are other options. Add in whatever makes it drinkable and/or enhances your nutritional goals. Remember there’s nothing magical about shakes: you won’t lose weight by drinking them, you still need a caloric deficit.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Hi Catch37hl Welcome

I drinks protein shakes as a meal replacement when I am in a time crunch. It has a lot of vitamins and very low sugar. It is however costly and I do follow a very strict diet. I have lost 22 pounds sense starting Feb.19th and now at a plateau. I keep waiting for the scale to move, there is very little else I can cut out of my diet. I am going to up my exercises and hope that helps. Good Luck on your weight loss journey. 

Best Answer

Thanks so much for the advice. I am on a strict vegetarian diet, that I have been doing. I usually use a meal replacement for breakfast or lunch. 

Thanks again for your journey.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@izzy216 I was wondering if you have lost any more weight yet? Did you get through the plateau? If not, have you tried increasing your movement? Just wondering what is working. Hope all is going well!

Best Answer
0 Votes