Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just started Fit Bit today and looking for online friends

ANSWERED

I need to lose 30 lbs. and just got my fitbit yesterday, put it on today and did 1200 steps on my dusty treadmill.  I need some encouragement to keep going.  I am 64, had a stroke a year ago and lost part of my eyesight but the rest is fine.  Quit my job of 10+ years in June because of the stress so now stay at home.  Welcome anyone interested in keeping me motivated.   TIA - Jane

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Jane- I also need motivation.  We are about the same age and I could use a buddy.  Keep up the great momentum.  Just little changes can make a great difference.  You go girl!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Thanks for responding - I am going to try to treadmill at least 30 min. every morning - can't walk outdoors, live on dirt road and so cool in mornings now.  Will post each morning my accomplishments.  Do you do any outside activities?  Do you work outside the home?

Jane

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Jane- I also need motivation.  We are about the same age and I could use a buddy.  Keep up the great momentum.  Just little changes can make a great difference.  You go girl!

Best Answer

Thanks for responding - I am going to try to treadmill at least 30 min. every morning - can't walk outdoors, live on dirt road and so cool in mornings now.  Will post each morning my accomplishments.  Do you do any outside activities?  Do you work outside the home?

Jane

Best Answer

Day #2 - I just finished 25 min. on treadmill - did 3287 steps and logged 1.37 miles.  I will try to do another 20 min. this afternoon.  It is hard and I can only do 2.8mph as I have a cardiac blockage going to my lower leg muscles and it HURTS if I try to go too fast.  But I am making progress....

Best Answer

Yay! Go you!  I hope you're enjoying the process. One day at a time! Woo!

Woman Happy

Best Answer
Sent from Windows M
ail
Best Answer
0 Votes

Day 4 was Great-  went to the mall shopping and ended up with 9,580 steps.  Was hoping for 10,000 but was close.  Day 5 - I walked on treadmill then took my great grandson for a short walk, so far have logged 4953 steps.  I weighed this morning and am down 1 lb. this week......

Best Answer
Sounds like you are doing great. My son was here all weekend and he
battles with his weight also. We did a lot of walking. My challenge is
being consistent. Do you struggle with that also? During the week I am
pretty good but it all goes down the drain on the weekend. I have had
quite a bit of stress also lately. I am trying to walk mid-day to combat
that, and so far it is working better for me. Keep up tyhe great work. I
think we all want a quick fix, but it is hard to realize it just does not
come off that fast! Janna
Best Answer

Well, today was my best yet - walked 9282 steps but I am totally exhausted.  I don't have trouble on the weekends but my problem is at night.  I LOVE to snack on crackers or pretzels at night and could eat a whole package.  I need to start taking just a small bowl.  But I will keep with it.  Stress has been a bit high lately - problems with my ex-boss ad my live-in grandson (22).  And I am a terrible stress eater.  But I am fighting it most of the time.   Good luck Jana and keep plugging away - WE CAN DO IT....

Best Answer

Amen!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I had an iisue with my shoulder which happens from time to time.  It just flatlines me, so not as much activity as I would have preferred however today is another story. Congratulations on your progress.  Ithink it is good to be exhausted once in awhile as we sleep so much better.  I have switched by evening eating urge to first drinking a big glass of water.  Then waiting.  If I still want something 20 minutes latet I get out the baby carrots and have six or seven.  It is a lot of chewing and is most often the fix that I need. Have a great weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did ok yesterday, but last night got into the pretzels and ate about 1/2 bag....I love anything with salt on it.But today I am back on track.  Just did 1.91 miles and 4568 steps on treadmill, had a bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast and then a light & fit yogurt.  Hope to keep this up, I really want this weight off.....But I am a stress eater and trying to deal with a lot of stress right now.  Since my stroke last May I have a hard time dealing with everyone - wish I could go and hide somewhere!!!!! But I am on meds and I think they are part of my issue with not losing much weight.  But I will keep on going..... Thanks for everyone on this board, it gives me motivation.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....

Best Answer

see u didn't have to dust your treadmill 🙂  Great job and keep on keeping the dust away on the treadmill.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am about your age and I am trying to lose 75 lbs.  I started fit bit a week ago.  This week I lost 6 lbs. I am walking 10,000 steps per day +.  Not all active but more than normal.  I am also combing it with a low carb diet, basically cutting anything white out.  I too need motivation to keep going.  Frankly at one point people thought in your 60's you were old but we are not anymore, We have lots left but we have to work harder for it if we want it.  Especially if we haven't stayed fit.  

I really like this fit bit becasue I find it is helping me stay motivated. I like the reminders it sends if I am behind on my steps or if I have accomplished them.  Way to go Fitbit!  I want a healthier me. My BP has always been good although I saw it sneaking up, I'm sure this excercise will help that too.  I do not want to do medications and will work on my physical self to avoid it.  

Good luck, lets keep talking and stay motivated.

Best Answer

So how is everyone doing this week?  Would love to join in here for support and motivation.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey I reached 10,000 steps yesterday for the first time..... Yahoo!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah! This lil gadget really helps me
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yesterday I made myself walk so I had nearly 10000 steps in and in the afternoon I mowed the lawn so my night I hit 20,000 steps in all of course some were just light in any case today I'm paying for over doing it. I will take a break today n get on with it tomorrow. If not raining late day I will try to get it up to my 10000 but lots of rain expected.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@need2loose Yay! I'm glad to hear that you hit your 20,000 steps yesterday. Keep walking and reaching your goals! each step count toward your goal. 

You can share with us how's the weather tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to hear that everyone is doing so well.  It is motivating. I have been off track with eating, but am back in my zone again.  I need to step up the overall exercise. My steps average approximately 10000 per day, but the intensity has been very light.  I am a stress eater and have had a very stressful two weeks, so I haven't lost any weight.  I will keep trying though!  I live in Minnesota and it is dark in the morning and getting colder outside so I will also be dusting off my exercise equipment.  Keep up the great work everyone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes