Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just stood on the scales for the first time in months... Oh no!

Yep. I did it. I made it worse for myself and looked at my weight on the scales. Honestly it was just so I have a comparison point but I'm still not impressed with myself. I am 94.4 kilograms and 5'4. My BMI is scary. Before you enquire, I had a nasty dose of birth control pills and an unhealthy diet for a year or so. 😞

Right now I'm biking or walking to work 5 days a week and eating very little since I moved out of home. Already I've noticed I am a buttload slimmer since 3 weeks ago which is inspiring. I'm taking up a new exercise regime to burn a bit on my tummy, legs and butt which is where most of my plump has ended up.

Monitoring my weight and having progress pics for my appearance will give me some motivation to keep going. How do you guys keep markers for your progress?

Most importantly, what was the kicker for starting a more active life? My kicker had to be growing out of all of my clothes! That was depressing and also very expensive. I'm starting to fit into things now, though: A few days ago I could put on a shirt that was once too small for me when I bought it in December last year! That was an awesome feeling.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I started out at 235 at 5'3 last June and I'm down to 170 pounds.

I weighed in weekly (sometimes more), took my measurements every other week or so, and took pictures at the end of every month. As far as diet I stayed low carb, cycled carbs every other day, and worked out in the gym 3-4 days a week. Mostly cardio, some weights and core work are my go to workouts.

My 6 year old son laughed at me and made a joke about me being fat. That was my kicker, that told me I needed to be a better mom and wife. So I threw away the cigarettes, dropped all my bad food habits and only allowed myself one cheat meal per month. It's been hard but finally getting into my goal size clothing (and being able to fit into a bikini from high school) felt amazing!!

My plump is in the same areas so don't feel bad! lol

Best Answer
0 Votes