Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering if there are any older women trying the Fitbit, I am 70 and just started.

Looking to see if anyone else my age is trying the fitbit to lose weight, I am 70 but I do workout with a personal trainer and take Yoga.
Best Answer
1,087 REPLIES 1,087

Hello.  I never was much of a carb counter and by no means am an expert, but it is helping determine what they are and how much to have at any meal.  I always had success with common sense dieting like counting calories...vary your food....allow yourself a break once in awhile....and check Pinterest for great recipes and variation.

Best Answer

The trainer sounds great...know you can do this.  Come walk with us....it is fun!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Way to Go!  Congrats. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awe. Thanks. Best to you too!
Best Answer
thank you for the invite. I would love to join you lovely ladies. 
Best Answer

Welcome back.  It's never too late to start up again.  Good luck.

Best Answer
Yes i am 70 I've had a fitbit for quite awhile and love it .I try walk 5 days a week and do some weight .Try to get 10000 steps i have lost some weight BUT i love food to much 

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 on the Telstra Mobile network
Best Answer

Sometimes it's hard to lose weight but walking does help even if it's slow going.  Keep at it.

Best Answer

Hi Helena,

I have recently bought a Fitbit precisely for that purpose, and also to help improve posture. I am trying to work with a scheme that will help me with these problems. So far, I'm still at the early stage, but it is coming slowly. 

The programme is called Walkactive and I like the way the author(Joanna Hall) covers reasons why she supports or rejects points. I'm looking for a Walkactive  group  in my area who use this programme. 

For your information, I also like the programme because I've got a problem with my knee and  can adapt the programme for my needs. It's based on walking and you can use the Fitbit to do all the measuring for you. I'm also 70, and it's nice to meet other people a similar age. 

I now have to terms with the Fitbit! 

Best Answer

I am 68, and have had a Fitbit for 5yr and love it.  It keeps me motivated to keep moving. 

Best Answer
Hello there,
there are a bunch of us at 65andfit.freeforum.net Come and join us. I am
Marilyn 68 and havebeen here for 4 years. dwon 30 lbs and holding 🙂

--
www.MarilynLJewelry.com
Best Answer
Hello and congratulations on using fitbit. I am 77 and have been walking
with mine for over four years. I will check out your program.

Welcome aboard!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am 71 and have had my Fitbit for 6 years. I depend on it to motivate me to get my daily steps in.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I am 76, a runner since I was 35 and a Fitbit user since it first came out:
I run 5 times a week and always wear my Fitbit Charge 2. I have tried other
Timing devices and find it the most user friendly. Easy to interface with the GPS
on my iPhone to record distance, pace and time. Also allows me to be tracked in
a case of emergency. Records my sleep and pulse rate. I intend to move up to the Ionic.
Don’t let your age intimidate you from using the device; the Help centre is wonderful if you need it. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Hi Linda,

That programme sounds good for me too. My knees are OK, but I have a
slightly dodgy hip and also scoliosis of the spine.

I think I will certainly get Walkactiv and hope it helps. Thanks very much
for telling me about it.

I've been using a Fitbit now for several years, mainly to keep my weight
under some sort of control, but I can see it will mesh with this new
programme really well.

I shall actually be 72 in a couple of weeks. Time has moved on since I
originally posted my notice on Fitbit.

I'm in London, UK. Where are you? Hope you're coping with lockdown!

All best wishes,

Gill
Best Answer
Thanks just great. Join us!
--
www.MarilynLJewelry.com
Best Answer

Hi Gill, I wonder if you could help me. 

I have tried to reply to your message, kept getting a message saying "an unexpected error" had occurred. They didn't say what the error was or how I could correct it. The only thing I could think of was that I forgot to press the reply button. Could you let me know if you receive this message please?

Thanks,

Linda. 

I'll happily send you the reference for the book written by the creator of Walkactive when I've worked out what to do.

Linda 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Marilyn, 

It'll be great to link up with people who are around my age and who are so knowledgeable regarding computers/trackers. 

I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people who have been using Fitbit trackers for so long. I must admit that I was literally dragged into using the (word programmes) for studies done to keep myself up-to date with my work, (mental health nursing). 

Be warned, I will be bothering you all for information about the Charge 4 that I bought.

It is taking me a while to get the hang of it, but some things are starting to gewt into my brain!, 

Linda 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fransiscan,

Thanks for your message, but, Crikey! When you do find the time to do all your exercises and use the Fitbit. I must admit that I miss going windsurfing. My husband and I were fanatics for over 30 years, but one year we went to Fuerteventura for a windsurfing holiday where, after a good sail in a strong wind, I tore cartilage in my knee. 

My husband insisted that he did not want to go on the water if I couldn't do it.i couldn't persuade him and felt quite guilty. 

Still, now he's helping me with the Fitbit. 

Although it's good to chat to others  of the"wiser sex". 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Didn't get book details, but no problem, I can Google it. Many thanks. All
best, Gill
Best Answer
0 Votes