Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering if there are any older women trying the Fitbit, I am 70 and just started.

Looking to see if anyone else my age is trying the fitbit to lose weight, I am 70 but I do workout with a personal trainer and take Yoga.
Best Answer
1,087 REPLIES 1,087
To walk that far, you must be walking all day------------and possibly retired to find the time. I work 10 hour days don't think I"ll ever see that number.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice.   I've been logging all my food daily and have only reached the suggested calories once and gone over once.   Usually I"m a good 500 cals under the suggested amount.   You are the 2nd person that has told me to eat more.   So I"m going to keep up the crazy amount of exercising I do, and eat a little more.   I really need to see something happening on the scale before I get completely discouraged.   I"m only trying to lose 10 lbs.

Best Answer

Well not in my 70's but feel like it a lot of the time I am 53 and have had neck surgery and lower back surgery. my son got me a fitbit for xmas and my husband bought me a treadmill. I just finally got things going and need to lose atleast 30 + pounds,I could probably lose more but that is my goal for now. I have been rasing my grandaughter since my move up north so my days are busy.Really would like somebody to talk with and help with support,and. If i can help you in anyway I will do my best to help.

Best Answer
Your granddaughter is one lucky girl! Take it one day at a time and set realistic goals. The fitbit is awesome and keeps you motivated (even though I don't understand how they get to some of the numbers). I've only had mine since xmas and been using it the last two weeks. It's day by day, but I try to increase my activity every day, usually with steps.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Lil
Best Answer
Hi Pattikas, Glad to have you on board. I, like you, need to lose at least 30 pounds. I got my fitbit the end of November and love it. I can't be without it. I also received a treadmill for Christmas. I try to walk at 30 minutes a day. Set yourself some goals. I try for 10000 steps a day, some days are good, others not, just
keep moving and the weight will come off.
Best Answer
MKBS, Glad to hear you are doing so well. I have done so many different diets that don't work. My trainer has convinced me to finally start eating healthy. So far it is great. No junk food, no pop. I was one who would eat only 900 calories in a diet. I have now learned that you have to eat a minimum of 1200 calories, and I am now losing weight. Good luck with your diet.
Best Answer

Thanks, Lil - I appreciate your support!

Best Answer

Got my Fitbit for Christmas and love it.  My New Years resolution was to walk at least 10,000 steps each day in January.  Today is January 31 and I've made it, even with not being able to go to the gym due to major snowstorm in Atlanta for three days.  I am 65 years old and I feel great!!  Even lost 2 pounds.

Best Answer
Way to go girl! Keep on moving.

Lil
Best Answer
Doesn't it feel empowering to reach a difficult goal? You deserve to bask in the glow of success. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi all. I am 56 and just got my fitbit a week ago. It has already made a huge difference to my thinking of exercise and diet. Ever since I turned fifty, I have been battling the constant steady weight gain.   I have been frustrated and angry that no matter how much I exercised nothing was changing and I was just destined to continue into my familys legacy of being as round as we were tall. The fitbit has opened my eyes . For me, just a steady walk each day is not enough and I have to push more.  And I really was not eating as low fat and healthy as I thought I was.  I am loving that I am now going to be in control instead of my weight and health being in control of me. If that makes any sense.  looking forward to finding new friends here with like minds. 

Best Answer
thank you - it does feel good to 'myself' since it is my personal goal to get the the very minimum 10,000 steps per day - (failed yesterday with driving and super bowl) but I am back at today - I really like to get 5 miles and 15,000 steps - may be slow, but I do have a goal that I am trying to meet daily
Best Answer

thank you - it was  the encouragement I needed today - sometimes I think how pathetic I am to have my goal for today to be "15,000 steps today" keep walking , but then you know what it is better than no goal

Best Answer

good job - I got mine for Christmas as well - and I LOVE IT

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am almost 68 years old.  I do Zumba 2 to 3 times a week and average 8000 steps per day. I found wearing the fitbit zip 24 hrs a day keeps me from just sitting around for hours.   I just having trouble with the number of calories it tells me I can eat daily.  1100 calories does not make sense.  I only have 4 lbs to lose.  

Best Answer

I am 66 and just bought the fitbit and a treadmill last week. I need to lose around 4 stone in weight .

I do have some health issues, hypothyroid and cardiac problems. Cardiologist said losing the weight would really help.

Upshot is I am starting at 5000 steps per day along with weight watchers.Saturday went shopping and did 9500 steps! I already feel a bit better and can now walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing.

I have no stairs at home but I still work full time so am now walking up the stairs instead of using the lift.

Best Answer
Good for you. I park farther away from the store. I walk in the malls. I walk around the house during commercials. Do whatever it takes and keep moving.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Helena, Im 73 and also would like a person to chat with. I normaly go to the gyn at least 2x a week. I walk my dogs 2xday.  This winter had taken all that away. I'm still very active. let me know how you are doing.

I love my fitbit. but you have to get real active to make it work..

Best Answer

@helena wrote:
Looking to see if anyone else my age is trying the fitbit to lose weight, I am 70 but I do workout with a personal trainer and take Yoga.

Helena - I am 58 and have lost 40 pounds 🙂  I feel better now than when I was in my 40s 🙂

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes