Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto Diet

Hello,

Has anyone done this diet and actually lost weight?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Plenty of community members are or have been eating the ketogenic diet and have reported success with it. In the end, all diets work in the same way:

comparison_diets.jpg

You just have to find one you can adhere to.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Sure.I have for periods of time and it absolutely works if you do it correctly.  It's not easy or fun though if you love comfort foods.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, and I wouldn't, because it's unhealthy and unsustainable. Carbs are absolutely necessary to brain function, among other things. Whole foods, plant-based, is best for longevity, sustainability, and health. If you think you "can't" go plant-based, you still should add tons of veggies to your diet.

Best Answer

My son in law lost 65lb my step daughter 35lb doing Keto and my friend lost 50lbs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@arbie3 wrote:

My son in law lost 65lb my step daughter 35lb doing Keto and my friend lost 50lbs 

It’s all well and good, but would you do it yourself?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarthaB wrote:

Whole foods, plant-based, is best for longevity, sustainability, and health.

"My diet is better than yours" discussions usually go nowhere. For me, the end (maintaining or reaching a healthy weight) is more important than the means (the diet you’re eating to do it). Although I wouldn’t follow a ketogenic diet myself, if someone very overweight is able to reach a healthier weight doing keto, what’s wrong with that? I can see how low-carb/keto can appeal to people who are insulin-resistant (not uncommon when carrying a lot of extra weight). In the end, it’s about finding what floats your boat. It doesn’t have to be the same approach for everyone. I’ve got nothing against whole and plant-based foods, btw, quite the opposite, but they don’t have to make 100% of what I’m eating.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Yes, people have lost weight on the keto diet. As others have mentioned though, the key is finding a diet that you can make a lifelong way of eating. Once you go back to the way you used to eat, well, so will the weight. 

I personally have eaten primarily Keto/Lower Carb for 8ish years so phooey to those who say it's not sustainable. I initially lost 45 lbs and have kept at least 30 of those off over the years. Is every day low-carb? No, but I do aim for as low as possible and accept that sometimes I will have pizza and christmas cookies. If my pants start getting a bit tight, then I get right back to keto. I enjoy the foods I CAN eat on keto and have expanded my love of LC veggies so it's not the end of the world. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done it before I knew it wasn't the ONLY option for weight loss.  It had 'worked' for me in the past but always followed by a re-gain because I personally couldn't adhere to keto for good.  I typically follow a flexible eating plan that includes all foods.  I'm a volume eater so I don't have a ton of discretionary calories to play with but I don't beat myself up for eating chocolate, BREAD, or pasta anymore lol.  Also I've maintained my 90lb weight loss for 6 years which is about 5.5 more than I ever did on anything restrictive.  My advise is to begin how you intend to go forward. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. A lot of people have. While calories do matter, the idea behind keto is to lower your insulin. When you consume carbs, your insulin spikes much higher than consuming protein or fat. Fat has almost no effect on insulin which is why the keto diet requires more fat. Protein has a moderate effect on insulin; however, if consumed with fat it can buffer the insulin effect. You’re probably thinking why would this be important? As long as your insulin is spiked, it is very hard to lose body fat. You would be more likely to store fat or gain muscle if you are consuming enough protein and are following a weight resistance program. So when you remove carbs, you have more opportunities to lose body fat. This particular diet works great if you are insulin resistant, pre-diabetic or have type 2 diabetes. If you are none of those then it doesn’t matter what type of diet you choose as long as it works for you. The catch 22 with this diet is don’t jump from 200+ grams of carbs down to 20-30 grams of carbs. You will plateau faster and you will hit a major energy crash. Gradually cut calories from carbs. I don’t follow strict keto but fairly close because I do happen to be insulin resistant. I don't react well to too many carbs or sugar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

O my God... sure sweetie it worked for me... Try it ok

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Kato, good evening, I am Pedro Garcie, from Sao Paulo brazil, hope we can be friend, so you can tell me about your product.

Best Answer
0 Votes