Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ketones Made Me Lose It!!

Hello hello hello!! I am beyond excited to be here.  I have JUST bought my very first FitBit Blaze!  And I have linked Fitbit with My Fitness Pal and am ready to rock and roll!  The learning is always the frenetic part but I have started digging deep into your posts to learn learn learn.  Slowly by surely I'll get my program on board.

I am 53 years old and 220 lbs today.  I began a ketogenic lifestyle last August and it is definitely my preferred way of eating (Yum!!).  I haven't been consistent which is why I am so very excited to have some structure around me.  I started Yoga (who knew?) three weeks ago as a way of limbering up my bod a tad before I hit the gym.  I am checking a new one that opened up near me this weekend.

I am hoping to find some like minded people who are also living a ketogenic lifestyle or something similar to compare notes and encouragement.  That being said.... I am nursing a wicked bad head cold and it's time for more turkey soup!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the community, @LaurenRoseKetos! One of the most outspoken keto-enthusiasts in the community is @Daves_Not_Here, whom I’m tagging so as to make sure he’ll chime in. I believe Dave is currently skiing somewhere, but he’ll probably be back soon. He’s not the only one on a ketogenic diet, you can use the search facility of the forums to locate past discussions on the subject.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LaurenRoseKetos welcome!!

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!  I am so excited to be on this journey and even more excited as things develop into a game plan.  Happy smile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my Gosh!! So fun!  Yesterday I was FINALLY feeling better!  When I set up my Blaze I put 8,000 as my daily goal for steps ... because I didn't know better and I saw it was common.  Then I was too sick to make that goal - no biggie!  Yesterday I took my wee dog Monty for his daily walk and I felt so much better I doubled it.  Happy smile.  And low and behold - Blaze told me I walked almost 4,000 steps on that walk.  What?? Happier smile!.

I continued on my day still taking it kinda easy cause I was still a bit rundown. I finished my errands and was dropping Monty home before I went with friends to watch the UFC fight and glanced at my Blaze.  Frown. It said I only needed 1,200 to finish my daily goal.  So.... hehehe guess what I did?  I did a half walk with Monty and got the first Congrats for meeting my goal.  Success!

I can see this is going to be so useful for me.  Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

WooHooo!! First day at a Gym in years! I can't even believe it. So stoked! I love the treadmill SO much. I miss having one in my home.

AND I was so curious about how well I would do on the elliptical! Before I could literally only do 90 seconds before my thighs SCREAMED at me! I thought the machine was broken and I was crushed that I was that out of shape. CRUSHED!! It made NO sense!! I am actually pretty strong for someone so out of shape and even my friends were surprised. I tried and tried and nadda. And of course I wasn't going consistently.

And today I eyed up that elliptical machine because it is now my gauge for success. I had warmed up on the treadmill for 20 minutes. I went on it. Big breath. Withholding judgment or at least trying to. A few tentative steps. A few more. Nice and easy. 3.0 mph.

I watched breathlessly as the 30 second turned into 60 second turned into 90 seconds. And I stepped. And I subtly monitored out of the corner of my eye not wanting to jinx it. Nice and easy. 3 minutes!! VICTORY! I flash of white hot happy screamed through me. I went to 5 minutes and then stepped off because I don't want to hurt myself first time as well. I "blame" ketones and all those stairs!!

I tried another machine that to try the Arc trainer. 20 seconds of that and EEK! Thigh scream! So I went and did ANOTHER easy 5 minutes of the *gasp* elliptical! 💕

Happy happy happy.

Checked out the Hydromassage bed. Not sure how I feel about that one. But I did the chair massage and OH MY GODS!! yeah - Dream coming up! So funny because I actually have never really cared for massages at all but this chair.... swoon!

And that was my Day 1 at Planet Fitness! Whooot! Who wants to join me?? Now I get to go online and find other humans doing a similar thing.

FITBIT
Treadmill 1,662 1.02 kilometers 19:57 142 cals
Elliptical 187 0.09 kilometers 5:09 27 cals
Arc Trainer N/A N/A 0:54 1 cals
Elliptical 244 0.14 kilometers 5:39 43 cals

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @LaurenRoseKetos, and thanks to @Dominique for tagging me.  I will confess to being very enthusiastic about keto, especially now that I have some tenure with it.  I believe I am fully adapted at this point, and continue to enjoy its promises delivered (mental clarity, sustained energy, reduced sleep requirements, suppressed inflammation, and bonk-free exercise).

Here is a very entertaining and educational keto podcast:  http://2ketodudes.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes