Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day to Halloween Challenge 2017

Hello everyone and welcome to the Labor Day to Halloween Day challenge.

We can post (daily/weekly) about our weight and non-scale successes, share helpful tips, support each other and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations can be helpful to use:

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join, please simply post and you are in! Have a great time, let's get this going!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Phew, what a day! We took a walk in a natural park at the edge of the city. I did two laps of a trail (one at a good fast pace) and then my brother in law was on a larger trail with the dogs so I went in search. By the time I got home I had about 5500 steps. I iced my foot. Then I went shopping with my daughter and I have almost 11,000 steps so far. I iced for a second time. 

And yesterday I mentioned that something was going on because things were setting off my hunger. This morning the scale said I dropped a few pounds!!! I am truly hoping this plateau is over. If I bounce up again I think I might just spit in anger. haha. 

I'll be continuing at the pool this week and walking when I can. I really need to be doing the faster pace. It felt really good today to do that. The dogs make me stop too often, so I'll have to go out on my own sometimes.

Alright...got a plan. Everyone cross your fingers that the plateau is over!

A giant pineA giant pineLilac 70lb downLilac 70lb down

Best Answer

Good Monday Morning...

What a weekend, I am not glad it is over but glad that I am feeling a tad better then I did over the weekend. I sure didn't feel the best over it. I told my husband that maybe that was to keep me from over eating during the church's trunk or treat and Hallelujah party. So I guess if any good was to come from it, that was it..lol. I couldn't barely eat or drink anything, so I sure didn't eat any of the Halloween candy.. I am felling some better today and thanking God for that. So with that being said, I KNOW I didn't overeat this weekend.. So hoping tomorrow's weigh in will be good..lol.

I bought a new scale.. I guess you would say a "smart" scale because it is suppose to sync to my phone and be able to maybe start that trend-weight that I read about on here a lot. I have been wanting to try that but wasn't and still am not sure how it all works, but I will figure it out. I am hoping to feel well enough to sit down tonight and play with it some. I "think" I would like to start it Wednesday since that is the first. I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter...lol.

Anyhow, I guess it is off to another day of week.. Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!@!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 209.0 (9/04/17)

LW- 207.6

CW- 206.4

GW- 205.0 (October 31st)

UGW- 150

I did a lot of walking on Sunday and didn't feel that I ate that much in the past couple days and this morning the scale said I was up 5 lbs from three days ago! I don't believe it and am NOT accepting it so I am sticking with the last weigh in to end this challenge. November is going to be even better and by Christmas I am hoping to fit into some old (smaller) sweaters.

Is anyone starting the next challenge? Will it be to Thanksgiving or to Christmas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I exceeded my goal so I will say yay!! however for the past 4 days I haven't been able to eat hardly anything.. so not exactly how I like losing, but I will take it since I have had to suffer through what ever this is that is going on with my stomach.  I was joking with my daughter and told her that God was keeping me sick so I don't eat all this Halloween candy that is EVERYWHERE you look right now..lol. However I guess if it doesn't improve in the next day or two, I will have to make an appointment with the doc and see whats going on with it.

Happy Halloween...I hope everyone has a great day and watches out for all the ghost, goblins, witches, super hero's, clowns, etc .. that will be traveling around tonight.

I guess I will start watching for the next challenge.. One can only assume @_Lilac_ will have to kick us off, as most the others seem to have left us... Woman Sad

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs -  April 25th 2016
04/25/17 -  156.8 - Lost 2 pounds .. YAY! - Lowest weight in more years than can remember

Fast forwards to now

10/10/17 - 170.0 - Gained 13 pounds and 2 ounces 

10/17/17 - 167.0 - Lost 3 pounds - I will take that !

10/24/17 - 163.6 -  Lost 3.4 pounds - I will reach the weight above and then keep heading toward the ultimate..

10/31/17 - 159.4 - Lost 4.2 pounds

Goal Weight for this Challenge is 165.0

Ultimate Goal Weight: 125.0

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha..I wasn't even paying attention and just realized today is the last day of the challenge. Well, I don't remember what my goal was...but my real goal was to break this darned plateau. I think I did it...still waiting for another drop to confirm. 

I'll start the new challenge when I get home later unless someone else wants to do the honors. 

Currently, I am sitting at the public library. Normally I don't have a story to tell about that, but today is a peculiar day. You know those little packets of silicon balls that they put in purses and luggage and backpacks to avoid moisture issues? Well, one broke open in the backpack I'm using and one of the tiny little balls got lodged in the 3.5mm jack for my earbuds on my laptop. That means, while I sit at the library to write (or avoid writing like right now) I can't put on music or campfire crackling or rain on a tent sounds, to cancel out the people around me (like the guy whose foot is bouncing up and down rapidly and his jacket is making a swishing noise). Mom stopped by to pick me up earlier to walk, then I went to the local shop that would sell me a usb headset for the laptop. None. Went to two more stores...none. They all have the normal stereo jack. So after 7700 steps, I've just sat my rear at the library and have to try to ignore everyone. It's not working well. When I leave here I'll get the bus to walmart or bestbuy or someplace that MUST have gaming headsets. This is my obsession today.

I brought food with me so I've had brunch and working on my first litre of water. I'll have all my steps and food will be good. 

I hope everyone has done well this challenge and up for another one!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the new challenge!!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Manage-Weight/Halloween-to-New-Year-s-Eve-Challenge/m-p/2275741#M600...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reporting a bit late for the last week of this challenge, because of a trip to the US. I’m reporting body fat %, not weight, and I’m using TrendWeight numbers:

USBF 2013 and before: no idea (didn’t have any device to estimate it), but probably around 25% or more.

SBF 4-Sep-17: 14.6%

PBF 11-Sep-17: 14.5%

PBF 18-Sep-17: 14.3%

PBF 25-Sep-17: 14.2%

PBF 2-Oct-17: 14.1%

PBF 9-Oct-17: 14.0%

PBF 16-Oct-17: 13.8%

PBF 23-Oct-17: 13.6%

CBF 1-Nov-17: 13.7%

GBF: 13.5%

UGBF: 11%

In spite of steady progress every week since the start of this challenge, I fell short of my goal of 13.5% body fat with a (sort of expected) shoot-up during the very last week, precisely because of my trip:

2017-11-02_2123.png

America never fails to make me fatter, that’s what I’ve learned Smiley LOL. Anyway, I’m now back on track and looking forward to the new challenge for the rest of the year.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You've done a great job!  Congrats on your progress in this challenge.

Best Answer
0 Votes