Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day to Halloween Challenge 2017

Hello everyone and welcome to the Labor Day to Halloween Day challenge.

We can post (daily/weekly) about our weight and non-scale successes, share helpful tips, support each other and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations can be helpful to use:

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join, please simply post and you are in! Have a great time, let's get this going!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187
  1. Have been gone from Fitbit for the better part of 2017. Ready to get going and do the walking. I'm hoping the Labor Day to Halloween Challenge 2017 will kick me in to high gear. Looking to find friends to keep me going. 
Best Answer

@cherita You've come to the right place and welcome.

This is a great group.  I've been more absent recently, and it hasn't helped.  I think even just checking in regularly keeps you focused, along with helping you have accountability and support.

We are in this together.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

In this challenge, I’m reporting body fat %, not weight, and I’m using TrendWeight numbers:

USBF 2013 and before: no idea (didn’t have any device to estimate it), but probably around 25% or more.

SBF 4-Sep-17: 14.6%

PBF 11-Sep-17: 14.5%

CBF 18-Sep-17: 14.3%

GBF: 13.5%

UGBF: 11%

Slight move in the right direction. I’ve enjoyed the new diet and training protocol I started last Monday.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobbinyc  Glad you enjoyed it!! came up on my facebook run and made me giggle too so had to share.  Loved #2

camping was great,  No s'mores, (brownies!)  Lots of fun hiking and being a great friend.

love this time of year.

got 22K in steps on Saturday and I think goal yesterday (fit bit wasn't working well- took a long hike and it said I did 33 steps.. Smiley Frustrated

but I know it was  much more-- onward.  back to work today-   have a great week all.

Best Answer

Ok I am a little late to joining but just did my first monthly weight and wanted to have a good start number and I am only going to weigh in biweekly but hope I can still be part of the challenge:

USW: 189.2

SW: 176.2

CW:176.2

GW: 166.2

UGW: 130

Best Answer

I accept this challenge although I am starting on September 18th. I will continue until Halloween.

USW - 279 lb

CW - 202 lb

GW - 195 lb

UGW- 170 lb

Suzanne,

Ottawa, Ontario

CANADA

Best Answer

I hope it's not too late to join. I just found this group.  I need some accountability to help me meet my goal.  It is said that if you tell others, then you are more likely to reach your goal.  I hope that is true.  This time last year I was about 170.  I don't like the up/down part of weight loss.

USW - Ultimate start weight - 195

SW - starting weight for the challenge - 195

CW - current weight  195

PW - previous week's weight 195

GW - goal weight for the challenge 180

UGW- ultimate goal weight 160

Best Answer

I have been more active than usual but the scale has not moved down. This is a little disappointing but I will keep pushing forward. Maybe it will be better next week..

Best Answer

@Gayle1018

Wpw great story.  You are almost to your goal.  I love it that you reversed diabetes 2 and high cholesterol. All your cells are so much happier. Smiley Happy I hear them applauding you now.

Did you get a normal A1c or are you in the prediabetic range now? 

We can do this

Barbara G

Best Answer

Welcome new folks.

No problem about joining now. 

Stay strong to meet your goal.

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancefoxtrot  thanks for the support.  I at prediabetic range now.  just need to finish off my meds and if I keep walking and watching what I eat (hopefully get the last 15 off)  it should be fine.  My doc, put an A at the top of my blood work and wrote excellent Woman Very Happy

Got the lawn mowed, but started raining right after (which we needed) but didn't get my steps in --- so the dog got his toe nails trimmed.   

Welcome to all the new folks-- love the community.   In fact my friend that I camped with last weekend we are doing a side challenge 1st day of Fall to 1st day of winter.  - so with doing 2- maybe I'll get 10 off - God willing!  

Have a great day all.

Best Answer

Today is my first weigh in since joining the challenge last week.  Its been a stressful month and I'm trying to focus a little more on my eating.  Food focus resulted in a pound lost (happy with that).  I've also increased my FitBit walking goal of steps to 9000 per day.  Good luck this week everyone!

USW - Ultimate start weight - 203

SW - starting weight for the challenge - 201

CW - current weight  - 200 (down 1 pound)

PW - previous week's weight - 201

GW - goal weight for the challenge - 195

UGW- ultimate goal weight - 160

Best Answer

I feel the same way bharris62629, up and down with my weight loss for many years.  I just joined last week.  Lets really work on bettering ourselves with this challenge!

Best Answer

Phew, what a morning. I walked with Mom and my daughter along the river for 45 min and then did another trek to buy a cell phone charger and pick something up. I'm at 9600 steps so far and it's just after 12 noon. I had to walk up two flights of stairs and I got unusually winded and my heart was racing. Not sure why that happened. I can usually do that set of stairs without trouble. Maybe I'm getting a cold? I felt very overheated when I returned home so I took a cool shower and now relaxing. I have more stairs to do today with piles of laundry. I might nap though!

I have some barley soaking so I can make a delicious soup for supper with lots of veggies. I might go up to the bakery at the top of the street for two rolls to go with it, one for each of us. Need more water!

Best Answer

@March55, we've got this. We are strong enough! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

*Grumble grumble* I've hurt my foot again. Plantar fasciitis is irritated. It hasn't torn but it's sore. I did too much in one go yesterday morning. I told Mom I can't walk with her today but instead I'll go to the pool for water aerobics. I'll be off the foot in the water. It's so irritating to try to be more active but then have these limitations and injuries.

I'll rest and it will repair...then onto the next thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a great week but down .2 🙂

every little bit is progress to me.

I did quite a bit of walking & biking last week & weekend but

also went wine/beer tasting along the Finger Lakes in NY - beautiful fall days

I've been reading quit a bit lately about adding collagen to diet for joint pain - inflammation relief, & boost to metabolism --- any thoughts from others? (I'm always leery of what I read, so much conflicting info out there it's hard to tell)

Looks like everyone is working hard at this & making some kind of progress -- GREAT

Welcome to those just joining -- glad to have a few more

Best Answer

USW 255

PW 248.5

CW 247.1

GW 240

UGW 170

Yeah down 1.4 pounds even though I had a bad weekend. Tired mommy with a kiddo that wants to get up at 5 am. I always struggle making bad choices when I am tired. That's when I reach for the junk food or overeat. Does anyone struggle getting steps in? I try to exercise but with a one year old in my house and mu husband on rotating shifts it is hard to take me time to exercise to be healthy. I have got up at 4 am but I get so tired by the end of the work week. I have put my daughter in the stroller and walked around outside as long as she is too cranky but that only last for 5 minutes before she wants to crawl out of the stroller. My goal this week to better track my calorie intake and stick to the plan better!

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW 315 (Dec 2015)
GW 205
9/5 - 213.6 

9/12 - 213.4 

9/19 - 212  |  -1.4 lbs

Best Answer

Bobbyin,

I am 67 years old and not in good shape. Walking is the best I can do for now. Am also joining Weight Watchers......

Have  fun everyone.

Best Answer