Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day to Halloween Challenge 2017

Hello everyone and welcome to the Labor Day to Halloween Day challenge.

We can post (daily/weekly) about our weight and non-scale successes, share helpful tips, support each other and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations can be helpful to use:

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join, please simply post and you are in! Have a great time, let's get this going!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

@debb21 Yes, I agree about no going barefoot. I love walking around my house without shoes but it's painful now. I have some earth spirit shoes I put on and the pain immediately goes away. I find New Balance feels really flat to me or the arch support is in the wrong place. Is that possible? haha. I have very large feet for a woman and it's hard to get anything to fit properly. 11W!! I'm wearing 10's in men so often. 

I'll go to the running/walking store soon and see what they suggest. I'll try New Balance again, but they just haven't felt comfortable in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW 315 (Dec 2015)
GW 205
9/5 - 213.6 

9/12 - 213.4 

9/19 - 212

9/26 - 213.2

10/3 - 213.2

10/10 - 212.4 | -.8 lb

Guess I forgot to post a week or two (oops!). I feel that if I can get my sweets limited more and have a bit more control on the weekends, the weight would come off a little easier. Guess those are my goals for this week 🙂 Have a good one!

Best Answer

Okay, I am coming back to start this again. I did so good last year and then right when Summer started this year, life threw us a bunch of curve balls. So many I lost track of everything. So NOW, I have to get back on track. I am going in the wrong direction.... BUT I am a big enough gal to admit it and suck up my pride and start over. So I am going to join this challenge (extremely late) and do my best to get on track and start heading in the right direction to my goal. I have some ground to make up now & that really upsets me, but I did it to myself, so I have to be the one to fix it. So I have 3 weeks left in this Challenge. I am going to make it count!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs -  April 25th 2016
Current  - 04/18/2017 - 158.8

04/25/17 -  156.8 - Lost 2 pounds .. YAY! - Lowest weight in more years than can remember

05/04/17 -  158.8 - Gained 2 pounds - BOO!!

05/09/17 -  158.2 - Lost 0.6 ounces - 

Fast forwards to today

10/10/17 - 170.0 - Gained 13 pounds and 2 ounces Woman Sad

Goal Weight for this Challenge is 165.0

Ultimate Goal Weight: 125.0

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@HeartBiller  So glad to see you back. I hadn't given up on seeing your friendly posts again. I was worried about you but now it feels right. I am right there with you, working. 

Best Answer

Well here I am trying to make myself accountable to be sure that I am trying my best to stay on the right track. So I actually restarted my journey on this past Monday, so today is day 3. So far I am doing ok. I have decided to try the LCHF at least for a little while. I am not sure it is a plan for me, but I need to at least get back to where I was and if I decide it is not something I can stick with, I can always go back to what I did last year. I know it has to be better for you to just choose to eat healthier...lol. BUT I really want to get back to where I ended in May.

I did get a lot of exercise in over this past week, but can't say that the eating was the best... We went to TN. for the week and walked ourselves to death, but also ate awful things.. So I guess that was really not much help. However I did jump back on the old Glider Monday night... Now I just got to get back in routine of doing it everyday.

Well last night my youngest grand baby ended up in the ER. She has been running a fever for a couple days, but it was just low grade fever. Last night it ended up spiking to 103 and nothing would bring it down. So they took her to the ER.. They are saying she just has a virus and has to run its course. So whisper a prayer for her. She is 3 years old. I hate to see any of them sick, but I sure hate when a baby is sick.

I hope everyone is having a blessed week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - 232.0

SW - 232.0

CW - 225.8

PW - 229.0

GW - 215.0

UGW- 160.0

I wasn't as active as I wanted to be this past week; between a new granddaughter coming into the world and dental surgery... I hope this week is a better week.  I joined Zumba a few weeks ago and I love it.  I feel I should have started a long time ago.  Best of luck to everyone for a successful week.

Best Answer

Good Afternoon to all.. Well it is a new day and I am happy to be here and back in the group. I am going to try to use this forum to keep me accountable.. I won't lie, I have not gotten the exercise, I wanted or needed to... I so hate that it feel like life is constantly in the way. I often wonder is things always so hectic for everyone else and if it is, then how do you fit so much in a day..lol. I am asking myself how I did it last year..lol. My husband and I "made" time for walking no matter what last year, but it just seems to me that things have gotten so crazy and I just can not make it happen right now. So that is one of my first goals... Get back to walking or at least using the glider or treadmill at home. (I may have to forfeit some sleep time..lol.)

On a good note, my granddaughter is feeling some better. The fever is down and she is starting to eat and drink. So hopefully in a day or two she will be back to normal.

I am doing this LCHF and so far (today is day 4) I am doing ok. I am nervous as to if I can stick to it, but I at least want to give it a try if for no other reason, to at least jump start my weight loss. So if you have any ideals, opinions, suggestions or what ever, feel free to chime in.

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TT_is_meCongratulations... I see while I was MIA you hit the big 100 pound loss... That is so awesome... And look how close you are to your goal!! That is so awesome. I hope all is well with you and your family. I look forward to getting back in touch with all the old friends and to making news ones!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeartBiller ..Day 4..Yay. I know I said it before, but it's good to have you back.

Accountability...ugh...Not much moving yet today. I've been suffering with plantar fasciitis strain, so after my 8000 step walk yesterday, I'm suffering a bit today. I find that I'll do activity then have to rest the next day so I don't get much done. I still need to have my supper so I'll make it sensible. I have to go get a prescription at the pharmacy so I'd better get to it! That will give me about 4000 steps. 

I'll check in with you again tomorrow!

Best Answer

Well its almost going home time today.. (from work) (YAY) ... I have learned I do so much better at work than I do at home. I have to get my will power to do as good at home as well. I have done good in the past 4 days all the way around with my eating, but I am not doing any good with exercise. I have to start making that a priority. I want to reach my goal.. and it would be awesome if I could do it in this up coming year. At least by next Nov. By April would be awesome, but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch...lol.

I hope everyone has a blessed evening!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it is morning time again... AND FRIDAY Morning at that.. YAY!! Facebook made it clear it was Friday the 13th... which I had not thought of until I read it, BUT, makes no difference to me. I am just happy it is Friday. OK, today is day 5 of my LCHF journey.. I still haven't figured out if I am doing it exactly right or not, but the scale seems to be moving in the right direction for a change, so I guess I am doing at least good enough for now. I am following a group on Facebook for low carbers and trying to take info from them to try to keep in line. Hopefully this will get me a good jump start!

I have never done very well at posting here over the weekends, and weekends have always been my downfall.. SO I have a goal to at least post something each day this weekend. I am trying to make myself more accountable. Woman Wink

Where did everyone go, before I had by downfall, there were so many people here that would post daily.. Now it is just a nice quiet almost empty page....Woman Sad

Come on we have to help each other!!!

I hope everyone reading this has a wonderfully blessed day!!

Best Answer

I am determined to do something today. I will take the dogs out to walk our usual trek then I might pack up my laptop and go to the library. I need a change of scenery. I don't know what I've done but my butt muscles are aching horribly. I did my heavy moving of furniture three days ago and hurt my back so maybe my butt was strained by protecting my back for two days? Haha. I dunno but it is weird. 

I was able to get 6000  steps yesterday, not up to goal, but with the plantar fasciitis and a sore back, I think I did alright. I avoided my daughter's pizza. I had a bit too many carbs and salt though in my food, so it's time to flush and do protein and veggies for the day. It's all about balance. Alright...enough talk...time to get stuff done!!!

Best Answer

@_Lilac_

There are other good shoes out there.  I don't like all new balance shoes either.  I have a really wide foot, so I can relate having issues buying shoes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am up early *yawn* after going to bed in complete body pain last night. I'm getting old! I can't do the stuff my younger self could, but then again, I'm so much more active than I was as a teenager even. What have I let happen to my body??? 

I did venture out yesterday to the library then walked to the mall and shopped then waited for my daughter to get off work. I think I had almost 9000 steps? Today I'm walking to the library for my writers meeting, get some work done on my story, then depending how my foot feels, I'll walk back or walk to the bus stop. haha. I need to boost my water intake today. I had a lot of plain, hot tea yesterday but not enough straight up water. 

@HeartBiller  Keep up the good work. I'll think about you today if you think about me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_ I will definitely think about you today... I made a point to figure out how to do this on my phone so I could at least make some sort of post today.. it’s been a rough morning.. we woke up to 3 dead dogs.. unsure what happened yet... but it was a sad morning. We have one more that probably won’t make it the two that are doing just fine .. so I have no clue.. they technically are not our dogs.. they belonged to our grand children but my husband agreeded to keep them and take care of them for the kids..  so we will have so heartbroken babies after while.. 😭

Well I am severely behind on water so far today, but am day 6 of this journey and so far so good... I’m excited for Monday/Tuesday to see where I stand. I’m excited to get back to where I was and then keep moving on down... 

I hope every one has a wonderfully blessed day!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dogs....breaks my heart.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@HeartBiller  Oh no!! Is it possible they got into something that was poisoned or spoiled? Sometimes people will put out things to kill rats or raccoons and pets get into it. Have you taken one to the vet for confirmation? It could be a major concern for the whole neighbourhood.  I have two dogs and my daughter has a cat (all in the same house) and if something happened to any of them, we'd be so upset. They are our babies. I hope you find the cause.

Best Answer

@cherita @_Lilac_ Well we ended up burying 4 of the 5 small dogs we had. The big dog and one small one seems to be fine so far... I have a fence that used to go around a tennis court As a dog lot... they have not been out of this lot.. they had plenty of room to run and play. My husband thinks it may be something in the dog food... so I guess he is going to check in to seeing if there is a way to test it. I’m really not sure what to think. we took the big dog and the last small one out of the lot and put them on a leash in the yard... we have a large yard as well.. those two dogs seem to be fine , but we are just not sure. I know they didn’t get in to anything out side of this lot... but I don’t know if something may have gotten into the lot. I really don’t know what to think.. that’s why my husband thinks maybe something in the dog food... they always eat the same food, but we just don’t know what else to think. 

Well you know weekends have always been a struggle for me.. so I am slightly proud that I did really well today. Well eating wise anyhow. I did not get all my water in nor did I get my steps in. But I am sure happy I did good eating... I will count it as a small victory.. lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeartBiller  sometimes Salmonella can develop in dog food. I wouldn't give the rest of it to your living dogs. Replace it, sterilize the dishes and the place you set the dishes. I hope the two do ok. Gosh, I can't imagine...this is horrible. 

Please, take care.

Best Answer

Good morning all... well on my way to church this morning and wanted to touch base... 

So far this morning the other two dogs are doing great... @_Lilac_ we did take up all of the remaining food in the lot and cleaned their dishes and started them on a new food. We haven’t put them back in the lot yet... just wanted to keep them in a different area... 

this morning will be you the first time I will see my grand babies that the dogs belonged to, so I am crushed to see their little faces... I had their mommy to tell them, but I hate to see their little faces heartbroken... 

I hope everyone has a blessed day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes