Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day to Halloween Challenge 2017

Hello everyone and welcome to the Labor Day to Halloween Day challenge.

We can post (daily/weekly) about our weight and non-scale successes, share helpful tips, support each other and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations can be helpful to use:

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join, please simply post and you are in! Have a great time, let's get this going!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

I was up so early this morning and it's chilly in the house. I might have to put the wood stove on to take the coolness out of the air. It's 51F/11C outside, which isn't too bad but the house is probably 59F/15C inside. The cat and one dog are cuddled up for a nap together. The other will be joining them soon probably. 

I have plans for a good lunch and I will take the dogs for a walk after the rain stops this afternoon. I have a bunch of greens my second cousin brought from her farm and really, it's too much for me to eat! I'll turn green. 

Ok, off to plan my day. Have a good one, all. Keep drinking your water!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I've been MIA for a while, and I've gained back most of the weight that I had lost since I first got my fitbit. I'm a teacher, and I was doing so well while we were still in school. My steps were up to between 10,000-15,000 daily, and my weight had dropped a good bit. Then the weight loss slowed even though I was still active, and I knew I had to start changing my food choices more. However summer break came, and with it came a lack of schedule and being around unhealthy food choices even more. My weight started going back up, slowly at first, then more quickly. Now, it's back up to 224, and I really need to stop it in its tracks! When I look at my weight loss graph, it just makes me want to cry to see it go down so far and then go back up. Even though holidays are coming, I'm going to work hard to make that graph curve back downwards before the end of the year. From today on, I want to see it working its way back down. Hopefully, posting on here again will help keep me accountable. 

USW= 235 lbs (Christmas 2016)

CSW= 224.3 lbs (Oct 15)

CW= 224.3 lbs

PW= 209.7 lbs (June 2017)

GW=219 lbs

UGW= 125 lbs

Best Answer

In this challenge, I’m reporting body fat %, not weight, and I’m using TrendWeight numbers:

USBF 2013 and before: no idea (didn’t have any device to estimate it), but probably around 25% or more.

SBF 4-Sep-17: 14.6%

PBF 11-Sep-17: 14.5%

PBF 18-Sep-17: 14.3%

PBF 25-Sep-17: 14.2%

PBF 2-Oct-17: 14.1%

PBF 9-Oct-17: 14.0%

CBF 16-Oct-17: 13.8%

GBF: 13.5%

UGBF: 11%

Steady progress on the fat loss front this week:

2017-10-16_0930.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GettingfitinSC  It's good to see you back! I think the summer, or any disruption to routine, can cause people to get out of whack. You are back. Get into your routine. Do what works and you'll be aware of it next summer.

We just plug away!

Best Answer

@GettingfitinSCIts so good to see you back. I know where your coming from, I did the same thing. BUT here we are back and trying to better ourselves once again. We can root each other on... and @_Lilac_ is here to keep us all grounded. Maybe her will power will rub off on us! 

Well the other two dogs are still doing great. We haven't put them back in the lot yet. My husband had a man tell him last night he thought they had gotten Parvo, but we are still unsure. We have been advised to cover the lot in lime and wait until we get a good rain to settle the lime before putting them back in it. So I guess that is today's plan.

I did fairly good over this past weekend. I did good on my eating, but not as good at my water and walking. I have to figure out how to get the exercise back in to my daily routine. Doc has changed our schedules up some, so it is not as easy to get it in before work as it used to be and it just seems like there is no time after work, so I am just gonna have to force myself to some how get it in.

I will weigh tomorrow for my official weekly weigh in and see how this LCHF is working for me. This is the first time I have done it for a complete week with no cheating at all.. So I hope to see some change. Yes I want to reach my goal and be healthy, but first I have to get back to where I ended in May, before I just let it all go...

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning...   haven't been weighing in, kinda chicken too, but been doing OK with the walking.  Wednesday is my 65th b/d.  and heading out camping etc all next weekend.   not going to weigh in till next week.  Everything is still fitting,  but could be better.. think i Might be up a little.  

trying to enjoy the fall, but the colors are not very good this year.  Loving the outside though and getting alot of hiking in.  Managed to do 11 miles on Saturday Smiley Wink - but rained yesterday big time... so didn't make my step goal.

Hope all is well - life is a challenge,  so I'm not giving up!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the work day is almost over and I am so ready for it. I am tired and it sure has been MONDAY all day..lol. I have done good all day with my eating and my water.. Now I have to get my rear in gear and get to walking or something.

I will check back later or in the morning to give an update of this evening..lol

Have a blessed evening

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well here I am again this morning doing my whining and happy dance both at the same time. I am whining because I am still so far from where I was back in April, but happy to have lost the 3 pounds. I am trying this LCHF way of eating, but in all honesty don't really think I know what I am doing...lol. BUT if it involves a loss... I will take it.

So I still have not gotten my walking picked back up yet. I have to figure a way to make myself get it started back. I am doing good with my water intake through the week, just not as good on the week ends.

Well at least it is not Monday...lol. I guess we will get this Tuesday started and hope 5 o'clock gets here soon...lol.

I hope everyone finds there way back to this group and has a wonderfully blessed day!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs -  April 25th 2016
04/25/17 -  156.8 - Lost 2 pounds .. YAY! - Lowest weight in more years than can remember

Fast forwards to now

10/10/17 - 170.0 - Gained 13 pounds and 2 ounces 

10/17/17 - 167.0 - Lost 3 pounds - I will take that !

Goal Weight for this Challenge is 165.0

Ultimate Goal Weight: 125.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't do very well this past week.  We had out of town guest from Wednesday until yesterday.  That put a wrench in my schedule and eating plan.  But I wouldn't trade that time for anything.  Now to get back on track and move that scale!

USW - 195

SW - 195

CW - 190

PW - 192

GW - 180

UGW- 160

Best Answer

@HeartBiller: since you were able to drop 50+ lbs in one year, you clearly knew what you were doing and had an approach that worked for you. So why would you now try something you don’t understand? In spite of the rebound of the past few months, you were able to preserve most of what you achieved from Apr. 2016 to Apr. 2017, that bodes well for the future.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

So glad to see some familiar faces returning! We can all use all the support and information we can get!

I did not weigh in this weekend, or track my food, or drink my water, or make good food choices, or log any of my stats. But, I am going to work on my water and logging today and see where it takes me by my next weigh-in this weekend.

@HeartBiller - so sorry about the dogs! 

Best Answer

@Dominiqueyou know it is ironic, I was just asking myself the same questions not too long before I read your post. I did it last year, so I KNOW I can, why am I struggling so much with it now. I have tried analyzing my life again and trying to see what is so different that I feel like I am going backwards all the time... Granted I did go backwards some on the weight. I honestly do not have any answer, other than hoping I could do it faster which I know in my head is not necessarily they answer. 

I really miss this group and the advice and opinions and just words of encouragement that you get here.

I just said this morning that I am in some sort of funk last night and today that I can not even explain to myself and I don't know what to do to get out of it. I sure hope it leaves soon...

I may end up going back to just the healthy living that I did last year. I have to try to incorporate something that will help my grandson as well. He is very over weight and now his Dr. is on to me. We really have to do this as a family. I am happy that I have kept off as much as I have, but I have a vision of that goal and I pray to one day see.. HOPEFULLY with in 2018. I think I need a life coach...lol..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cele21  Thanks for you condolences on dogs. This has been the weirdest thing we have ever experienced with animals. Thankfully the other two are doing really well and show no signs of being sick or weak.. They are just as hyper as usual..lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not my normal weigh in day but ...........

up, which is no surprise since I have been on vacation for 5 days

151.8 😞

I've got this & can drop back!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think if I keep telling myself this it will work)

I know what I have to do - get back to the Y & back to a better eating habit.

here's hoping

Enjoy Fall

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well this work day is coming to an end ... Thank God.. I am so over this day. I have my water in for the day so anything tonight is a plus.. We had an appointment for this evening and it just got cancelled, so I am gonna say that opens up some time to get some walking in.. I'm gonna take this as Making a way to get started...

I hope you all have a blessed evening...

Where is @_Lilac_ I haven't seen here all day and maybe not yesterday... Woman Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeartBiller  I'm here!! I went out late morning and stayed downtown at the library all afternoon, hoping to get some writing done. I'd had a large hot tea, so I had to pack up all my stuff and go to the bathroom (couldn't leave my laptop at the table), set up all my stuff again and then there was a FIRE DRILL (pack up and set up again)...and then I was distracted by watching videos from last night's Voice episode...and ...man oh man. So hard to work today. I began to walk home but diverted to the sushi place and took out to go...bussed home, walked dogs, ate, got cold and lit wood stove, put on the news, swore at the news, and now I'm trying to work again. But...in 40 min the Voice is on again. Hahaha. Can't win. 

I didn't do a big walking workout today but I have 7900 steps. By the time I took the dogs out, my foot was hurting. My mom is returning from her trip tomorrow. We'll likely continue our walking daily on Thursday. I do need the daily workouts but I tend to injure myself. So hard to balance it. I get bored with the water aerobics but she won't walk outside in winter and it's coming upon us soon. I can't walk the mall floors.

Anyway, I will attempt to get my brain working. I'll check in with you tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A little late to posting my 2nd biweekly weigh in but here it is:

USW: 189.2

SW: 176.2

PW: 176.2

CW:165.8

GW: 166.2

UGW: 130

Best Answer

Good Morning... @_Lilac_  Sounds like you had an interesting day yesterday. Mine was not quite as interesting, but all the same did not go as I had planned. I thought I would get a chance to walk last night and it didn't happen. My husband picks my boy up from my daughters house each day on his way home from work, as she picks him up from school for me everyday.. So when he gets there to get him, they had invited us to dinner and he accepted, so he brought 3 of our granddaughters home with him instead of my boy..lol. Then when I got home we just went back to her house for supper, so I helped her with all that and we ate and didn't get to leave her house until after 9, so I was too tired to think about it.. oh well!

Today I have a Dr appt for my routine follow up and I am just hoping I haven't gain weight since I was there last.. 3 months ago.. I can not remember what I weighed that day.. Again, oh well.. I can't change it so have to deal with it. I am going to make the most of it and try not to focus on it all day...

I came into the office this morning and OMG it smelled so awful, smelled like sewer.. I added bleach to the drains to see if that will help, but I honestly don't know if it is helping or not as I had already been nauseous since I woke up this morning and it didn't help any... Then our systems are running well below turtle speed. We have 3 different systems we have to log in to every morning and it took my an hour and 15 minutes to get into 2 of them. IT of course says they are working on the problem.. BUT we all know how that goes... Bless IT's heart...lol. I sure wouldn't want their job.

Well I guess I am going to get my rear in gear and get this day started and count down the hours until time to leave for the Dr. appt..lol.

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning ...

Well here we are starting a new day. YAY.. one more day until FRIDAY!!

My daughter does foster care, so she has different training's they have to go to each year and this is that time of year for her.. SO last night my husband and I had all 5 of hers plus our 1 ... oh what fun... We did a "guys" car and a "girls" car..lol. (bet mine was sure quieter)..lol. Well last night we just took then to dinner and then church.. Well tonight it is going to be the same thing.. SO I am trying to figure out a plan for them to be occupied for 4 hours.. SHEW, them boys are wild.. We have 3 boys and 3 girls when we have all 6 together..lol. So many the park or something... who knows.

anyhow, We went to the Dr. yesterday, my weight had only come down 2 pounds in the last 3 months and my husband's had come down 1 pound but we was ok with that. Our appts weren't until 3:30 & 4:30, so we had the daily weight and we were just happy to have not gained.

So she says if we get back in gear and continue to lose weight by the next 3 month appt, and ours labs come back good, that we will get to graduate to a 6 month appt, Which is something I having been wanting for a long time..lol.Oh its the little things. So that in itself is a goal for us.

I forced myself to walk 30 minutes before work this morning. YAY me..lol. Now if I could get Doc to change our schedule back to the way it used to be then I could do that every morning like I used to.. Oh well, figure out a new plan...

Have a blessed day!!

Best Answer

@HeartBiller  Yay, at least you have some progress and you are back to it!

I went walking today with Mom. Since it's getting colder now with Autumn (it was 3C/37F this morning when we left) Mom wanted to walk the mall instead of outside along the river. Mistake!! My foot is aching so bad from those mall floors. I suggested that we go in the afternoons instead of early mornings if the weather is an issue because right now its 20C/68F and perfectly good weather for walking. I don't mind walking in cold, but her and her husband don't like it. Heck, I'll walk in -20C if I'm dressed properly. Doesn't bother me. So, either we switch up the time or I can't go with them.

I forgot to eat breakfast before I went out this morning. Did groceries and came home to empty fridge of leftovers and old stuff, shoved in the new stuff, did a pile of dishes and sat down to rest...still forgetting to eat. It's 1:30 pm and I need breakfast. Not good. I got lots of greens and fresh stuff.

I have almost 6700 steps already today. Trying to rest my foot. 

Have a good day everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes