Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day to Halloween Challenge 2017

Hello everyone and welcome to the Labor Day to Halloween Day challenge.

We can post (daily/weekly) about our weight and non-scale successes, share helpful tips, support each other and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations can be helpful to use:

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join, please simply post and you are in! Have a great time, let's get this going!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Good Morning and HAPPY FRIDAY, Well I for one am glad to get this work week over with. It has been a long week and lots of issues have came up this week in the office. So a two day break will be nice for me. We have a lot going on at church tomorrow evening, so won't be much rest, but will be nice to be with family and friends. Just have to mind my P's and Q's over the food that is going to be there..

I still haven't gotten my steps up much yet.. But we did take the kids to the park last night and play around with them for about 2 1/2 hours, so that has to count some..lol. I sure feel my age when I am with them.

@_Lilac_  I sure couldn't leave where you do..lol. I HATE cold weather. These 50's are killing me.. lol. I give you full props for being able to walk in such cold temps..lol. I hate that your feet won't cooperate with you..lol. We have to always do what works for them..lol.

I guess its back to work for me.. and trying to rush up 3 o"clock...lol.

Have a blessed day!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeartBiller My foot was NOT cooperating at all so when Mom called this morning to say it was warm enough to walk along the river trail, I told her about the foot and she said the mall floors hurt her knee yesterday. So ya. I dunno. We have to figure something out. 

About 15 min ago I had a little seizure but just before it I was feeling restless and like I needed to move and get out and do something. I still feel that way but now I got sleepy from the seizure. Tired and restless at the same time...sigh. Maybe I'll go down to the library but take the bus instead of walk. And instead of lugging my laptop with me, I might just do it old school and take a paper notebook and pen. It will avoid distraction. I'll have more freedom. 

Ok, got a plan. Will check in later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 209.0 (9/04/17)

LW- 208.6

CW- 207.6

GW- 205.0 (October 31st)

UGW- 150

Still a (slight) possibility that I will make my goal this challenge. Thought for sure that the weight was going to be higher as I have been feeling bloated and my joints (knees) have been aching. Almost like they are yelling at me to lose weight LOL!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a day yesterday! I walked down to my writer's group meeting (35-40 min) then hobbled to Starbucks for the informal chat afterward. Hobbled because the 35-40 min walk had caused the plantar fasciitis to flare up. And then my sister picked me up for an 'art' afternoon. Had lunch with her then chatted and watched a little tv before the art occurred, came home in the evening without a whole lot of steps. I had to put the wood stove on to take the chill off. 7000 steps+ for the day. 

Today I've taken the dogs for a walk and Mom is coming to get me to walk the river trail. I will ice my foot when I get home but before I leave, I'll take an anti-inflammatory. 

Checking in later

Best Answer
0 Votes

In this challenge, I’m reporting body fat %, not weight, and I’m using TrendWeight numbers:

USBF 2013 and before: no idea (didn’t have any device to estimate it), but probably around 25% or more.

SBF 4-Sep-17: 14.6%

PBF 11-Sep-17: 14.5%

PBF 18-Sep-17: 14.3%

PBF 25-Sep-17: 14.2%

PBF 2-Oct-17: 14.1%

PBF 9-Oct-17: 14.0%

PBF 16-Oct-17: 13.8%

CBF 23-Oct-17: 13.6%

GBF: 13.5%

UGBF: 11%

Another productive week. Almost at the goal I set for this challenge, though I probably won’t reach, as I’m travelling to the US tomorrow and will have to be off-plan for a week.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yikes! It's been a long time.  My Plantar fascia and achilles tendons have been acting up.  Not nearly as bad as when I tore them part way and hobbled for a year.  But bad enough that I had to stop  walking for awhile.  I'm back to doing all the foot exercises and switching up sneakers and inserts, which has helped a lot. And I changed my food a bit to make it more anti-inflammatory.  It's just so annoying - I love the fall and usually walk a lot in this weather. 

The only way I ever lose weight is by being active.

At least it is healing fast, and this time I didn't gain any weight.  I was able to walk a mile yesterday, and not have too much pain afterward.  I'm hoping to be back to really walking by the end of the week.  

Hope all of you are doing well and staying focused on your goals.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

Good Monday Morning to all.....

Well I can't say I had a very productive weekend end weight wise, but we sure were busy from start to finish. I didn't do awful on my eating but could have done better.. I will do my weekly weigh in tomorrow.. Still hoping for at least a pound or two off.. Woman Wink Guess we will see tomorrow.

@BobbinycGood to see you here.. I too had disappeared a while but slowly but surely we are coming back..lol.

I guess we will get this Monday started and before we know it, it will be over....lol.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer

love the fall weather, but have rain today...   Last weekend I got my personal best on steps! 38,697 whoo-hoo!!! boy was I pooped,  my pup and I ran up down sand dunes all day Saturday.

Eating wise? -haven't been tracking. Plus it was my 65st birthday last week, so I had cake and ice cream of course.    Hoping to do better this week, but looks like I won't meet my weight goal for this one.   

Good thing is  I "think" I'm staying about the same, stuff is still fitting ok.  Hoping to do better/

Enjoy boo time! 

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc  Do I ever know what you are going through! I am having the same problem.

The last 24 hrs have been tough. My supper didn't sit well last night. Went to bed with indigestion, tossing and turning, fully awake too much. Then the seizures started. I had at least 8!! And I was up to the bathroom 4 times and awake from 3:30-5am completely. So, of course I was exhausted and confused and nothing went right today. Dropping stuff, hard to move around, so little energy. 

Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow. Oh, and you know those little silicon packets you find in stuff? Well, one must have broken open in the backpack at some point because I got one lodged in my laptop's usb port and one in the headset jack. Sigh. The one in the usb port was poked out but the headset jack is jammed. UGH!!! 

I'm hungry but scared of the belly problems I had last night and all day. Some chai tea has been soothing this evening. 

Ok, plan for tomorrow is to get some energy and get out and walk, even if it's just around the block. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it's a new day.. didn't start off as a very good one... BUT all the same it is a new one. My boy is getting sick, I am about sure. It wouldn't aggravate me half as bad, if things with him getting sick wasn't 10 times worse since having his tonsils taken out. I would have never had it done had I know this was going to be the outcome. He was hardly ever sick before having them out. The Dr. just kept telling me they were the largest they had ever seen in a child and they had to come out. So finally we agreed and now I feel like we make routine visits to the Dr. each month for ear infection or sore throat or major coughing episodes that we can't get under control... This is driving me crazy.. OK rant over!!

I lost count of days on this LCHF journey, and I can't say I have done the best at it, but all the same I am watching what I eat all the time. I feel like I have done good considering I have had a couple occasions that may not have went the best. I have meet my goal for this challenge IF I don't goof it up before next week.. which I have been known to do.. However IF I don't mess it up, it will be the first challenge I have ever met on here I do believe..lol.

I hope today gets better, and that all of you have a wonderfully blessed day!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs -  April 25th 2016
04/25/17 -  156.8 - Lost 2 pounds .. YAY! - Lowest weight in more years than can remember

Fast forwards to now

10/10/17 - 170.0 - Gained 13 pounds and 2 ounces 

10/17/17 - 167.0 - Lost 3 pounds - I will take that !

10/24/17 - 163.6 -  Lost 3.4 pounds - I will reach the weight above and then keep heading toward the ultimate..

Goal Weight for this Challenge is 165.0

Ultimate Goal Weight: 125.0

Best Answer

Well I'm back at it --- i've been to the Y 3 days this week 🙂 - I know it's not much but for the past 2 & 1/2 months i've been about 5 times so this is progress.  The scale sure tells i've been lax 😞  I'm up 7lbs since I started on 9/5!!! ugh   Traveling, a wedding, & family fun got in the way of reaching my goal of 140 by next week but it was worth it - love family time.   I've not had to buy bigger pants so that is a plus.

Fall is upon us now - enjoy the beautiful colors (sorry all you southerner's)

Hang in everyone & stay away from the Halloween candy!

SW 146.6 on 9/5

CW 153.4 on 10/25

GW 140 by 10/31 - don't see it happening 😞

Best Answer

Good Morning.. It was a chilly morning here to me.. but I am sure @_Lilac_  would say it was a heat wave... lol. I HATE COLD WEATHER!!!! I am such a wimp when it comes top cold weather.. BUT of course I HATE a coat too, so that makes it harder on me..lol.

Anyhow, well I am excited to see what the rest of this week holds. Our church is having a hotdog roast and Hallelujah party Saturday, so I am already trying to get planned for it. Maybe if I start now, I can get in my mental place I need to be to avoid all that junk... One can hope!

Well it is Wednesday, so half way through the week. YAY!! I am always looking for Friday!

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeartBiller  I am looking forward to the cooler weather. I hate heat. We've had a 'heat wave' the last day or so, though. For the end of October, it was 20C here today. Humid. Some weather system coming through and we have rainfall alerts going on. It was our driest summer in history and now we have a rainfall warning. I dunno...weird stuff to have 20C on October 25. We sometimes have flurries by now.

I have cancelled walking with Mom for now. It's killing my foot and I can't seem to heal. She is going to switch to mall walking from now on and that kills my knee and foot. So, alternatively I am going back to the pool. I might also do some workouts up in the gym area. There are some recumbent bikes up there and that shouldn't hurt my foot. 

In a month I have an appointment in another city to have an MRI on my head and they wanted me to 'lose as much as possible' before that appointment, but I've been stuck in this plateau...really bad timing. I'm about 15lb more than what they wanted me to be. Maybe going to the pool everyday and changing up my routine significantly will jump start the loss. *crossing fingers* It's time for this metabolism to get into gear again.

I got a headache tonight and feel a bit tired, so I might go to bed early and get a good rest. My sister ordered herself a fitbit!! So, it will be good to encourage her to join us in the challenges. 

Drink your water!!

Best Answer

@_Lilac_ You go through so much, one obstacle after another,and you still come out swinging.

What are you doing for your foot?

I have a list of foot exercises and leg exercises - stretch and strength- that I got from Physical Therapy.  I also had to change up my inserts again. (what helps one day doesn't work the next) I am wearing clogs without a back so my achilles doesn't get rubbed.  And I am eating anti-inflammatory, taking magnesium...ugh.  I didn't think I'd have to go through all of this again!  

Are you exercising your foot and your whole leg? I was told that tight calves or hamstrings can cause it or make it much worse

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning... Well today is one day closer to Friday..lol. I am ready for a small rest from work.. But it will still be a busy weekend. I don't think I have been in my home more than 7 hours of awake time in the last 4 day and still wont be tonight or tomorrow night.. We have really had a jam packed schedule... I need a break!

But it won't be tonight! My boy has coronation at school tonight plus 2 of my other grandson have it too. Tomorrow we are having Trunk or Treat at the church and then a bonfire... BUSY BUSY BUSY.. Oh well the busier I am the less eating I do..lol. A good point to everything.

I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobbinyc  I'm exercising the foot, doing toe crunches, writing words with my foot, etc. I have issues with the connections between muscle and tendons all over. Foot, knee, shoulder, bursitis in the hips...it's ongoing. If I overdo it, I suffer, but the threshhold seems to be getting smaller, which means I don't have to do much to cause problems. Three members of my immediate family have fibromyalgia too. Something else to worry about. I must exercise to lose weight so I'm hesitant to 'rest for two weeks' as my daughter tells me to do. I certainly don't want to under-eat to balance the lack of activity, as that wouldn't help anything. I've been doing between 6000-8000 steps per day regularly and I almost get panicky if I don't get that. Alternative calorie burning exercise without the use of the foot is kinda difficult to find.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_  I know - it's hard.  You certainly are a champ with managing your struggles.  I have some auto-immune stuff and it's the same thing.  Every time I feel good for awhile, I keep going, which my body thinks is overdoing it.  I didn't injure my feet this time, they just said it was too much.  It wasn't even that much!  I have to try to think in terms of health, not pounds.  It doesn't always work.  

I have found that eating even healthier than normal helps a bit.  It seems like each time I indulge a little in something sweet, my body complains.  I know what you mean about the threshold getting smaller.  Sometimes I think it is shrinking to nothing!  

On the other hand, we are here, we are doing what we can, and what we are doing is pretty good.  Most of the time we are capable of walking and that is pretty amazing in itself.  And we have the ability to choose healthy food - very fortunate all around.

ok - off to meditate for a little, and then stretch a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning again... Well Coronation went well last night. My boy was chosen (random drawing..lol) as the male winner of his age group.. He was beyond excited to hear his name called, but the gift the received was a giant Hershey bar... OMG, you would have thought they gave him a $100... He had everyone laughing over that.. He is a sight. But all in all it went good. We had an hour intermission between his group and my next grandson's group, so everyone wanted to go eat Chinese, I was dreading it, because everything there is not good for you...lol. But I did well and only ate a very small portion. However, for an unknown reason, I got extremely sick last night before bed and still this morning am feeling very rough. I don't know if it had anything to do with the food or not, but I sure don't want anymore any time soon.... So this morning by now I am usually on my 3rd bottle of water, but due to my NOT feeling good.. I can not manage to get a half a bottle in... I'm sure praying this goes away SOON!!!

I sure hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walked to the pharmacy today to refill a prescription and to purchase new inserts for my shoes, specifically for plantar fasciitis. I took the dogs for a walk using the new ones and I'm not finding a big difference. Over the last few days I'm getting a lot of muscle cramps in that exact set of muscles in the arch, between the heel and ball of the foot. It's probably trying to repair itself. I have never had muscle cramps THERE before. 

Food is okay. Certain things are suddenly setting off my hunger alarms, so my system is up to something. I'm having to be very careful. 

My sister received her new fitbit today. She's programming and exploring the site and app. We might have to take it out for a spin tomorrow! I'll have to encourage her to join our chats.

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 209.0 (9/04/17)

LW- 207.6

CW- 206.4

GW- 205.0 (October 31st)

UGW- 150

A little less than a pound and a half to my goal. Three days to do it. I'm going for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes