Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live longer, lose weight, eat beans. Satisfying, low cal, and cheap

ANSWERED

You can have a whole cup of delicious black or pinto beans for about 200 calories.  They are more delicious with lots of salt (which has no calories, or vinegar which has only a few).  Beans have some health benefits if you google but mostly the protein and fiber is enough to keep you full and avoid eating junk.  Everyone is talking about how horrible food prices are.  Beans used to be about a dollar a pound .  Now they are a little over a dollar unless you buy several pounds at a time in one bag.  Great Northern is the highest price I noticed online at $1.78.  Navy $1.14, Black $1.28 at Walmart.  Three pounds of dry  black beans are $2.57   But the main thing is they fill you up for few calories.  You will not need a snack before the next meal.  I've lost 3 pounds in a week. ......No candy or almonds.  Still drinking wine.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just learned an apple and a banana have about the same number of calories.  I had a baked apple today with some low calorie butter and sweetener on it.  so it probably had more calories than a banana.  That is still a better snack for us dieters than almonds.  I'm a terrible cook but I also had a corn on the cob wrapped in a damp paper towel cooked 3. minutes in the microwave.  I didn't lose weight yesterday, but I didn't gain either so I'm happy.  Anyone have a good suggestion for all of us "managing weight"?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I just learned an apple and a banana have about the same number of calories.  I had a baked apple today with some low calorie butter and sweetener on it.  so it probably had more calories than a banana.  That is still a better snack for us dieters than almonds.  I'm a terrible cook but I also had a corn on the cob wrapped in a damp paper towel cooked 3. minutes in the microwave.  I didn't lose weight yesterday, but I didn't gain either so I'm happy.  Anyone have a good suggestion for all of us "managing weight"?

Best Answer
0 Votes