Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Weight Loss Buddies/Support and motivation!

Hi! 

My name is Anne. I am 20 and live in Denmark. I am currently trying to lose approx. 20 KG (45lbs). However, I struggle to find the motivation to commit to a healthier lifestyle and would therefore like some fitness/weigh loss buddies, who find themselves in a similar situations. Any takers? 🙂

Current weight: 78 (171lbs)

Goal weight: 58 (127lbs)

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hi. 

I'm 95, trying to lose around the same.

I am basically at the point where I am eating as little as possible and burning as many calories as possible!

I've had bulimia and labyrinthitis and various medications recently. Had enough! I want to burn this **ahem** off. 

Best Answer

Hey! My name is Stephanie and I'm in Virginia, US. I actually have been (not so actively) trying to lose weight. I'm just over 200lbs now, so I really need to get this going. I tried to set a goal of 135lbs, which I was about 10 years ago. I just got my fitbit yesterday, but I already love how its tracking and reminding me to move around. I have a call center job, so I'm very stationary throughout my days. The only other workout buddy I have is my dog, but she loves going for walks. I'm hoping the fitbit will keep me more on track than MFP did. Good luck to all of us!

Best Answer

Hi!

I think what you've got to do is have patience!  Don't get discouraged.  It's going to take you some time to lose the weight you want to lose.  Your young, and I have no doubt you will be able to achieve your goal. Just watch your diet eat healthy and of course portion control has to be considered to.  Don't over eat!  As for exercise do what you can, but don't over do that either.  A lot of it is just plain common sense.  I'm sure you know not to eat 'fried foods.'  No french fries!  We eat a lot of salads, seafood that is grilled, and grilled chicken that sort of thing.  Eat healthy, exercise the best you can, and have patience that's my recommendation!

Best Answer
Thanks! I very rarely eat fast food, but it's definitely about portion control and being more active for me. I do love salads though. Even though it's only my first day on the site and the forums, everyone is super supportive and positive. It's great!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
Thanks! I very rarely eat fast food, but it's definitely about portion control and being more active for me. I do love salads though. Even though it's only my first day on the site and the forums, everyone is super supportive and positive. It's great!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd love to give & receive encouragement! Starting to really (really,) want to get more fit. I'm Dee & live in the USA. WE can do it!

Best Answer

I just joined the Fitbit Community and would like it if we could help each other stay motivated. I'm trying to lose somewhere between 20 and 30 pounds. I've been struggling trying to do it on my own and I'm looking for some extra motivation.

Best Answer

if your still in need of an accountability buddy im game I to work at a desk job and am trying desperately to lose weight 

My Name; Kim,   also live in the states 

Let me know 

Kim

Best Answer

Hi,

I am Nishant. I live in Oslo. I work as BI consultant so I have to work at least 8 hours on desk. My weight is 90 KG my target weight is 75 kg.

I can participate in any kind of weight loss plan.

Cheers

Nishant

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sent Friend request.

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a desk job. It's going to make it a bit more difficult, but I think we got this! I'm able to walk around my building on my breaks and I'm continuously bouncing my legs (because I fidget), but I also get up and stretch. I love the reminders every hour to get up and do something! I do little side steps and twist a little bit to work out my back. *checking surroundings* I'm actually at my desk right now, but our phone lines aren't busy at all. As long as we stay motivated, we can reach our goals!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sent request to some of you. Game on!!

Best Answer

Its been 1 week now.

Start Weight -90 KG

Today's Weight-88.7

Short Term Goal- 85 (By Summer End)

Long Term Goal -80 (By Xmas).

Cheers Please maintain the energy. 🙂 🙂

Best Answer

Friend request sent!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please send friend request too! I too want.to lose weight!

Irene

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would it be possible to join ya'll? I have about 30 lbs to lose and would love to stay motivated. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have more than 30 pounds to lose. We can ALL use motivation, yes? 🙂

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Its been 2 weeks now.

Start Weight -90 KG

Today's Weight-86.9

Short Term Goal- 85 (By Summer End)

Long Term Goal -80 (By Xmas).

Today is very nice sunny day in Oslo. I will try to finish my work early and hit the ground.

I hope all of you are doing good 🙂

Best Answer