Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Weight Loss Buddies/Support and motivation!

Hi! 

My name is Anne. I am 20 and live in Denmark. I am currently trying to lose approx. 20 KG (45lbs). However, I struggle to find the motivation to commit to a healthier lifestyle and would therefore like some fitness/weigh loss buddies, who find themselves in a similar situations. Any takers? 🙂

Current weight: 78 (171lbs)

Goal weight: 58 (127lbs)

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39
I am always looking for new buddies. Please add me 🙂 I am currently in a few challenges.....I am on weight watchers and I need to lose another 50 or so pounds
Best Answer
@ducksfan84 feel free to add me!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am about where you are, was 180 and now around 175 or so.  I am using a program based on detoxing the liver. Ann Louise Gettleman's fat flush plan.  It is difficult for me to stay on phase 1 for too long, but the ideas of clean eating, low carb, and fat flushing supplements with detoxing is good.  I am doing well.  What are your strategies? Motivation here!  When i need a tiny treat i eat dark chocolate and nuts. The tracking feature is helping me keep the fat grams under my eye.  The carbs have dropped significantly from starting.  The hard things are keeping the frig stocked with healthy veggies and greens.  

Best Answer

desk jobs make this harder than ever.  I agree. desk job too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all

First of all Sorry I was not able to update my progress was busy in office and activities.

I am enjoying summer here in Oslo. Busy in hiking, cricket and other activities. Last week I had hiked Troll Tunga( famous hike in Norway) and it was amazing and breathtaking. The hike was tough. I achieved 55000 steps in a day 🙂

Please find one of the pic.

IMG_20170713_085751_821.jpg

I am happy that my body is responding well.

And recently I have managed to achieve my short term target. 

Below is my progress.

Start Weight -90 KG

Today's Weight-84.6

Short Term Goal- 85 (By Summer End) 

Long Term Goal -80 (By Xmas).

Now I am aiming to achieve my long term target in October when I am going to India for diwali(festival of lights)

Friends please stay motivated. I wish you all happy summers and good luck 🙂

Best Answer
yes they do!!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also looking for a buddy! I'm willing to work with you if you'd like! I sent a friend request!

Best Answer

Hi, Anne!  You've got this!!! Controlling portions, drinking lots of water and being mindful on a daily basis are the things that will help you get where you want to be! I am new to this community and looking forward to being a supportive, encouraging participant.

Highest weight: 320 lbs.

Started Program 9/8/16: 250 lbs.

TODAY: 170 lbs.

Goal weight: To be determined

JewelsfromJerri
Best Answer

Yeah, I also have a desk job. They suck when trying to loose weight! I always take the stairs and use the bathroom on the other side of the building just to get some extra steps in. Plus I run up and down the 6 flights of stairs during breaks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my name is Christi, I am 36 (37 on 8/5), I am in the US.  I just joined the community a few days ago after buying myself and early birthday present (the Charge 2).  I am looking to get back to my "I look good, and feel good weight" 165 lbs which is 79 lbs away.  Although the doctors tell me that my feel good weight is still too heavy, but the weight they suggest I get to I haven't been since I was 14 so they can kiss my you know what! lol

Anyway...I would love to have friends and motivation and give my friendship and motivation in return 🙂

I am just starting to get active after being very sedentary the last 2 years (injury and depression) so I am not setting really big goals just yet...starting small and working my way up so I don't get discouraged.  I am on my 4th day in a row of completing at least 30 minutes of riding my stationary bike or doing step cardio.  Also on my 4th day of calorie cutting and food logging.  I didn't realize how much crap I was eating until i started logging stuff and realized just how many times I mindlessly shoveled crap into my mouth (it was very eye opening to say the least!!!)  

So I wish all of you luck on your daily goals, and hope to chat, cheer and get in shape together!!!!

Best Answer

I just started today and would love to added as a friend by some of you!  I am going to do it this time...we are planning a vacation at Christmas and I want to feel comfortable.

sw: 210

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome all. we are doing weekend and workweek challenges. Please participate and stay motivated.

Best Answer

Hey all!

Please add me as a friend as well! Looking to go from 88kg to 72kg by the end of the year! Could use encouragement Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi everyone! My name's Silke, I'm 21yrs old and from Belgium 🙂 I have similiar goals to quite a lot of you so please add me as friend!

Highest weight: 77kg

Current weight: 62.2kg

Goal weight: 56kg

Best Answer

I'm in the same position, would love some motivational support/challenges. I've just (re)joined weight watchers tonight. I in England, please add me and let's do this together! ☺

Best Answer

I'm 49 and live in Washington, DC. I started around 155 last June and am now around 142/143. I'm trying to get down to 125/130, but I'll take losing fat and gaining muscle over that.

I'm seriously regretting not getting into exercise earlier, but if Ernestine Shepherd started at 56 (she's 81 now), then maybe starting at 48 isn't too late.

Best Answer

nishant glad that was you and not me, I would have crapped my pants lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I am 37 years old and live in PA.  I would love to join you everyone in getting healthy.  I have had my fitbit for awhile, but have really slacked off this year and I can tell in my clothes I am just gaining.  I stepped on the scale today for the 1st time in a long time and wanted to cry.  I am a mother of 2 very active teenagers, so I am driving around constantly and sitting at sporting events.  I have about 25lbs I would like to lose and could use some motivation and help with this.  Please send a friend request and invite me to any challenges you do 🙂

Best Answer

I can relate! I have a desk job and usually the only physical activity I get is my run in the morning. Some days I will switch and do a weight workout to help with tone but other than that unless it is a short walk to the café or church, I'm really not as active as I used to be

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm Cherie from Kansas, USA. I just turned 50. I have a chronic IBS challenge that keeps me on Prednisone at flare ups. I work really hard to loose weight. I started last year at 286, got down to 185. Had to go back on the steroids and am back up to 266. I'm frustrated & would love ANY advice & especially from those who have experienced the same & could give me some tips. I've lost my motivation as currently feel my goal of 135 seems so far off to attain. Thank you.

Best Answer