Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for accountability partners to loose weight with

ANSWERED

I would really like to shed about 15lbs, I have some big events coming up, and I'd really like to be in peak condition. Does anyone want to take this journey with me? I'd love to have a group to help encourage eachother and keep eachother accountable to our personal goal!! Who will join me?!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'll join you!  I have 15-20 to lose for two events at the end of December and January... I know I will kick myself if I stay at my current weight.. I am super busy and don't have time to get to the gym so I have to work out at home and restrict calories... I need motivation especially during the holidays!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I'll join you!  I have 15-20 to lose for two events at the end of December and January... I know I will kick myself if I stay at my current weight.. I am super busy and don't have time to get to the gym so I have to work out at home and restrict calories... I need motivation especially during the holidays!!

Best Answer
Great!!! We can check in with each other ! Do you have a calorie goal? Or a exercise goal daily?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to stay under 1200 calories and walk/run at least 4X per week.  In addition:  1 min. of each...

Squats

plank

tricep dips

sit ups

push ups

calf raises

oh and drink a gallon of water...

That's my plan... how about you?

Best Answer

I'll definitely join you! Smiley Happy I'm looking to lose about 25lbs over the next year, and am officially kicking off my journey on Monday. My plan is to walk between 30-60 mins each day/or 3-4 miles and stay under 1250 calories daily.

Feel free to friend me, everyone. I'm in! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds good!!! Everyone get your 10,000 steps in today!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and I am down 1.5 lb!! One day at a time.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great job, Punky!

Yes, I'm headed off to my first day at the gym in a couple of hours to hit the treadmill/elliptical for 30-45 mins. With that I'm hoping to hit my 10K without a problem.

Best Answer

I'll be happy to join you! I've lost about 20 pounds since January (I'm going the slow and steady method), and have around 10 more to go. I've admittedly lost a bit of my drive the last couple of months and am really looking for someone (or some people) to go the journey with me and help with accountability.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's awesome JG!  You are already where I want to be!  About 25 lbs. is my ultimate goal.  I have been trying to reach it for literally like 18 years.  That's pretty pitiful.  I am fairly active and work out here and there.  My problem is wine and Mexican food.  So I am really trying to focul on toning and my calories.  What has been working for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I admit that I've been in stasis for about the last two months, but I am trying to be better again. My weight loss plan has been diet and exercise. I know it is a little low, but I try to go for an 1100 calorie/day plan (I use MyFitnessPal to track). If I do more, I tend to not really lose any weight. I am also getting back into going to the gym, and am doing a couple of 30 day challenges right now (targetting different areas) to help kickstart my return to being decent. I even tried Pilates for the first time today! For the most part, I'm trying to combine strength and cardio. Even though I am lower in weight now than I have been at any point since before I was a teenager, I feel a bit paunchy in areas. 

I like making meal replacement shakes/smoothies a couple of times per week. My diet is mostly vegetarian, so I usually do it as a means to get extra protein in. I also take a lot of recipes out of Cooking Light magazine, and am usually astounded by how good and filling some of the recipes can be (while still being so low in calories).

I have no tips on the wine other than perhaps cutting back to a glass per week as a treat. My friend cut back like this when she was in the weight loss process. Besides having a lot of success from even just cutting back so much on alcohol, she found she was much happier in general. 

The Mexican is something I sympathize greatly with. I love a lot of Mexican food. I strongly suggest cooking it at home... from scratch. Although it isn't very different calorically from the canned stuff, I am proud to say that I can make my own refried beans. Also using corn tortillas or low calorie, high protein wheat tortillas instead of the normal flour ones helps. Plus, queso fresco goes a long ways compared to normal cheddars or Mexican blends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too need to get going.  Where did these pounds come from.  My yoga pantrs still fit so why don't my jeans? (don't answer that)  The scale is within 15 pounds but when you put on 15 from 120 it makes a big difference.  Up or down 10% at 120 is 12 pounds.  250- 12 pounds doesn't show as much.  Oh and BTW 5 foot tall. So that is a double negitive unless dear husband is short.  I am going to get the wi-fi scale thinking that I can't lie about the reading.  We have all said it "OOOHHH it is just a bad spot on the floor, water weight, something else stupid like I am doing the scaleless diet because that way I can be really a big pig for a week and make up for it the next and still weigh the same.  The things we tell our selfs.  The fat roll has to go.  I am excited to see how the tracker logs the information.  Looking to pick it up at bed bath abd beyond tonight and wrap it for christmas.

Best Answer
0 Votes