Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for motivating friends and Keto-ers!

Hi guys!!!

I just got my fitbit, and I have been using MFP for a while, and having friends is always a great motivation to keep going and supporting each other!!

I am mostly looking for Keto dieters, since I love exchanging recipes and tricks! But it doesn't matter, anyone is more than welcome to be friends ❤️

I have been on keto for almost a month and I am loving the results. I have dropped almost 10 lbs and I still have 25lbs to go 😄

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

you can friend me for motivation !  

@xScarlettz wrote:

Hi guys!!!

I just got my fitbit, and I have been using MFP for a while, and having friends is always a great motivation to keep going and supporting each other!!

I am mostly looking for Keto dieters, since I love exchanging recipes and tricks! But it doesn't matter, anyone is more than welcome to be friends ❤️

I have been on keto for almost a month and I am loving the results. I have dropped almost 10 lbs and I still have 25lbs to go 😄

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

i've been keto for about a year now (give or take a couple months) and love it!  all told, i'm down 97lbs.  feel free to add me.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

How's it going on the Keto? I just started. I have about 40lbs to loose. Its stange eating fat. 

Best Answer

i think i've hit my maintenance weight and i'm still doing keto.  mainly because i love the steady energy i get with it.

for example, the last two nights, our 2 year old hasn't slept well.  so, that means we don't sleep well either.  i'd say i've had a total of 10 hours sleep the last two night.  but, i'm not tired at work and don't feel like crawling under my desk and taking a nap.  

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

Hi there, I've been doing keto since March 2014. I've lost 25 lbs and still have about 50 to go. the more friends the better!. I'm also on MFP,where I log my food. If you want to add me there my user name is the same, kristafb.

Best Answer

You can friend me.  I've been trying to do Keto for the last 2 months.  I havent lost anything I need help....

Best Answer

You can freind me. I like to move it I like to compete. 🙂

Best Answer

I've only been doing Keto for 29 days. As far as weight loss goes I haven't had much success. I mean I lost 8 pounds but that was 2 weeks ago and nothing since. I haven't been able to get in the medium ketone range and stay there. I have only had a few glasses of wine twice and both times a slip back into just a trace of ketones and gain 3 pounds back! I think I have to keep track of my food. Does anybody Intermittent fast? A few times I have not been at all hungry for any breakfast or lunch and have eaten dinner around 5 and wake up the same weight. My choice of exercise these days is spinning 3x  and weights 2x. Any suggestions? I have never slept better though. Binging and craving things has ended. 

Best Answer

make sure you're not going overboard on the protein as excess can be converted to glucose and kick you out of ketosis.  i sometimes intermittent fast, but mostly out of convenient.  actually, it's more like a fat fast.  for breakfast, all i'll have is a serving of bulletproof coffee.  i'd recommend entering  your food and seeing what your actual fat/protein/carb ratios are. 

also, i use this site once every couple months to adjust my macros:

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

Hi All,

I've been on Keto for 2 months now, down 13 lbs, absolutely loving the results.

I don't really have a goal weight, more interested in turing my fat belly into heavy muscle.

Happy be befriend any Keto-er

Power to the fat!

🙂

Best Answer

If you want to kick a plateau -  one thing that I do which gets great results is only have a power coffee (or coffee with pure cream instead of milk) then hit the gym on a virtual empty stomach - it seems to forces my body to use my fat stores 🙂 also I saw a site which talks about fat fasting to kick start yourself into deep ketosis again.  Here is the link http://www.ruled.me/using-fat-fasting-technique/ but I would only use it as recommended in the article.

I hope that helps a bit?

Best Answer

Hello - I've been following a keto diet for almost a month & have been enjoying my new Fitbit for about 2 weeks. I'd love to be added & follow along with fellow keto-ers - I'm down about 15lbs but still have a ways to go so I can use all the support & motivation I can get Cat Happy

Best Answer
Welcome. Maybe we can help each other? I'm still not getting this keto diet right
Best Answer

You can add me as a friend.  I'm new to both fitbit and keto.  Would love some friends to help with motivation.

Best Answer

does anyone count calories if not i would like to an aprox amount of calories everyone is eating while in ketosis.  When I eat HFLC  I still feel like i'm always hungry ?? this is frustrtating.  

Best Answer

although i didn't pay attention to calories, i did enter my food into the log so i could see the macro ratios.  i was typically 70/25/5 (fat/protein/carbs).  the log said i was eating 1700-2000 calories.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

I'm coming in late on this post, but I presume by Keto, you mean low carb? 97 pounds? Congrats! I'm 30 pounds overweght 215 trying to get down. Any EASY tips for a guy on the go?

Best Answer

@kevLee wrote:

does anyone count calories if not i would like to an aprox amount of calories everyone is eating while in ketosis.  When I eat HFLC  I still feel like i'm always hungry ?? this is frustrtating.  

Have you checked your ketone level?

Best Answer

kevLee - I shoot for around 1700 calories & try to stay between 20-30g carbs per day. I used the keto calculator to figure out my range for protein & fat so try to stay close to the targets. I log everything to make sure my macros are in the ballpark & to keep my calories in check. It's very easy to consume too much protein which will kick you out of ketosis. I check my ketone levels a few times a week too just to make sure I'm still in ketosis & so far, so good.   

Here are some links I've found to be VERY helpful:

http://www.ruled.me/

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Best Answer