Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for motivating friends and Keto-ers!

Hi guys!!!

I just got my fitbit, and I have been using MFP for a while, and having friends is always a great motivation to keep going and supporting each other!!

I am mostly looking for Keto dieters, since I love exchanging recipes and tricks! But it doesn't matter, anyone is more than welcome to be friends ❤️

I have been on keto for almost a month and I am loving the results. I have dropped almost 10 lbs and I still have 25lbs to go 😄

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
I have the keto sticks and it never shows anything I'm sure they even work
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kevLee wrote:
I have the keto sticks and it never shows anything I'm sure they even work

It sounds like you might not have enterd Ketosis, if you can I would get a Glucometer and test for ketones that way. Your reading should be above 0.5 mmol/L, I generally sit between 2.7 and 3.5

Maybe have a few days where your really strict ie. 85% fat 14% protien and 1% carbs. It may give you a good kick in the right direction.

I wouldn't worry about counting calories until your comfortably in Ketosis, stay there for a few weeks then worry about tweeking it. I tried to reduce calories and even thought I stayed in Ketosis my weight loss stopped.

Best Answer

I usually aim for under 2000 calories with most days being 1500. Follow a strict 20g regimen and so far los 23 lbs in 4 weeks (first 7lb being water weight). 100 more to go! Although I'm a strict believer in Dr. Atkins eat until your full idea because high-fat will make you full before you overeat anyways. So a few days I go over 2000 but no impact on weight loss or ketosis, especially since Fitbit estimates I burn nearly 4000+ calories a day.

1500 is my sweet spot though! I seem to lose quickest at 1500 and usually am pretty full!

Best Answer

I was hungry for several months as I converted to the low carb diet style. I think by about 4 months I was finally hungry only half the day! A year later I find myself being hungry just intime for a normal meal time. I did start out high carb and work my way down little by little only becuase I had no idea how high carb I was! I eventually went kind of radical at about month 3 to eating almost only meat and dairy for about a month to truly get out of my carb-infested diet style. The started to slowly re-introduce green veggies a little at a time before adding other veggies and then nuts and seeds to the mix. At 13 months I'm still tweaking but I suspect I'll be tweaking the diet the rest of my life now that I'm finding it quite fun AND I have new found energy to experiment! Don't give up and one day you will find the constant hunger is actually not so constant. Some people seem to feel changes within days or weeks but it truly has taken my many months and I am SOOOO glad I stuck with it to find it is working. (Side note - I stuck with it because I felt so much better in every other way of my life - energy was back and sleep was working again). Listen to your body, One size does not fit all and as much as I want to yell to the whole world to switch to low carb high fat - it just doesn't always work that way. I hope it does work for you though 😄

Best Answer

I just started experimeting with fasted work outs. I was aready enjoying what I call my "fat" coffee. Coffee with heavy whipping cream. I've been at the fasted workout state for 2 weeks and really happy so far. Certainly hungry the first few days but really settling out quite quickly after that. Two weeks is a very short time but enough to keep going at it to see how I fare. My hunger is more stablized than it has been in 5 years and I've got my blood glucose readings stabilzed between 65 - 85 all day every day this way! As  pre-diabetic this is keeping me entirely off meds and insulin and maintaining the most stabilzed energy that I can remember in a decade or more! I'm looking forward to hearing from others about the keto diet style as well as the intermittent fasting especially as it relates to a fasted work out and non fasted work out state.

Best Answer

Hi, Been on Keto/LCHF since Sept. 20th and down 61 lbs so far, best of luck to you on your weight loss journey.

Best Answer

I am a keto fan who has been off the wagon and am not back on.  I am active on r/keto some on the keto group on MFP as well.  Friend me if you would like.  You can never have too many friends!

Best Answer

Hey PeaceLanese!  I hope you are still working on the Keto as I know I am replying months after your original post.  I have found great success on the Bulletproof Diet where you can read more info on my blog.  I do not sell products and am not afilliated with BulletProof or UpgradedSelf (Although I wish I was) but have found such great benefits since December 2014 that I am sharing the info as far and as wide as possible.  My blog can be found at: http://christian-paleo.blogspot.com/.  It is in its infancy so bear with the lack of development so far.  I am in the process of developing it further.  I wish you the best and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Ray

Best Answer

Hey xScarlett!  I hope you are still working on the Keto as I know I am replying months after your original post.  I have found great success on the Bulletproof Diet where you can read more info on my blog.  I do not sell products and am not afilliated with BulletProof or UpgradedSelf (Although I wish I was) but have found such great benefits since December 2014 that I am sharing the info as far and as wide as possible.  My blog can be found at: http://christian-paleo.blogspot.com/.  It is in its infancy so bear with the lack of development so far.  I am in the process of developing it further.  I wish you the best and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Ray

Best Answer

Back on the Keto diet to stay this time. I have hit ketosis and I am starting to drop some weight. It is time to put all the knowledge and research to good use.

Best Answer

I have been Keto for a few months now. I love it! Down 42 lbs total. Looking for friends as well as this is my second day with my firbit.

Best Answer

I am down 7 Pounds so far, just posting an upate.

Best Answer

Hi all, I've been LCHF since March this year. Started out in October last year with IF but now combine the two to a degree.  Interested in following the thread and touching base with other low carbers 🙂  I have to admit to falling off the wagon the last few weeks but back into it this week and hoping to stay on track.  Down 15kg thus far with 10kg to go.  Haven't used the forums before so no doubt I will forget to login for a while every now and then but hoping to keep in contact once a week at least.  Have a wonderful week folks.  Cheers, Tan

Best Answer

I am want to try keto, and have tried other diets as well.  Any, and all advice is welcome, looking for friends to help each other along the way!  Excited to get started 🙂

Best Answer

hi all ,i there a keto group on here please?

@xScarlettz wrote:

Hi guys!!!

I just got my fitbit, and I have been using MFP for a while, and having friends is always a great motivation to keep going and supporting each other!!

I am mostly looking for Keto dieters, since I love exchanging recipes and tricks! But it doesn't matter, anyone is more than welcome to be friends ❤️

I have been on keto for almost a month and I am loving the results. I have dropped almost 10 lbs and I still have 25lbs to go 😄

Best Answer

not sure about easy, but gets easier after first 3 or more days. I am in trace mostly, happy with that will record weight tomorrow, its worth it!!

To burn fat you must eat fat, become a fat burning vehicle, like converting from petrol to diesel in your car. Starve the carbs

Best Answer

I follow a Keto diet, you can add me on MFP 🙂

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/catwoman8888

check out this website for more info on keto:

www.reddit.com/r/keto

Best Answer

How do you know if your body is in ketosis?  I started the keto diet last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Go_Girl wrote:

How do you know if your body is in ketosis?

You can use a device such as the one mentioned by @divedragon in this post. Or like the one mentioned by @Gravity_Bug in the present thread. Or a blood ketone meter such as the one mentioned by Peter Attia in this blog post. I believe they all work with disposable "strips".

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have been struggling with the keto diets. I find I am good for a few days and then lose it.  I actually got a couple of weeks in and lost about 5 pounds, but ended up in the hospital for 4 days and have had a really hard time with it since (nothing to do with the diet).  I have gained back the 5 pounds plus a few 😞 .  I would like some friends to motivate me more.  I got the Flex in September 15, and have gained about 10 pounds even though I average about 6 miles per day.

Best Answer