Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for motivating friends and Keto-ers!

Hi guys!!!

I just got my fitbit, and I have been using MFP for a while, and having friends is always a great motivation to keep going and supporting each other!!

I am mostly looking for Keto dieters, since I love exchanging recipes and tricks! But it doesn't matter, anyone is more than welcome to be friends ❤️

I have been on keto for almost a month and I am loving the results. I have dropped almost 10 lbs and I still have 25lbs to go 😄

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
I love eating almonds and Brazil nuts but since March have had five oral sugeries so I have to wait till September to eat hard foods again!

I will look for the emergen-c too!!

Well that explains reason behind my water retention, thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I find that fasting is so easy now that I am in ketosis and it doesn't affect my workouts at all. Love the great energy and overall wellness that I am experiencing!!

Have you read Dr Jason Fong's new book that he Co- Authored...The Ultimate Guide To Fasting??? Awesome resource for different kinds of fasting, the keto diet, and type2 diabetes!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I love that effect!! Then when we can sleep it's like lights out and we can still wake up refreshed and ready to zoom again!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I do intermittent fasting it works great for me. I can switch the lengths up too to fit my crazy lifestyle and still stay in ketosis!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started doing Keto on August 19, 2018 weighing 230.4 pounds. Today, October 14, 2018, my weight is 194.8 pounds. I’ve lost 35.6 pounds and I am 14.6 pounds from my goal. It has not been a super easy diet but manageable. I have not made it to Ketosis but I will not give up. Oh, I have slipped up a few times but I have to keep going to goal. Thanks 

Best Answer

@xScarlettz wrote:

I have been on keto for almost a month and I am loving the results. I have dropped almost 10 lbs and I still have 25lbs to go 😄

@xScarlettz: you started this topic four years ago, and I’m wondering how you have been doing since. Have you embraced the keto lifestyle full time, or are you doing it on and off?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gcereta wrote:

I started doing Keto on August 19, 2018 weighing 230.4 pounds. Today, October 14, 2018, my weight is 194.8 pounds. I’ve lost 35.6 pounds and I am 14.6 pounds from my goal. 

@gcereta: first of all, congrats for your impressive weight loss so far! However, why the rush? 35.6 pounds in 8 weeks is 4.45 pounds / about 2% of your bodyweight per week in average. It’s also 15.4% of your starting weight. It exceeds all the "safeguards" I’ve seen recommended: 1) no more than 1% of bodyweight per week, 2) no more than 10% of bodyweight before taking a break.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have lost 56 pounds myself and am now at my goal - congrats !  Ask me as a friend ! 

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Congrats, @gcereta on your progress!

By the way, I don't think you necessarily need to get to ketones as indicated by a finger-**ahem** test in order to be in ketosis.  If you have higher mental clarity and less aches and pains, you may be there.

Best Answer
0 Votes