Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for similar friends

Hi, I'm a 69 yr old Canadian woman.  The weight clinic categorized me as obese but not yet morbidly obese. I joined fitbit in January, 2017. My only exercise is walking, and my best is 10,000, but sometimes only 3,000-6,000.  I have lost 20 lbs since joining the clinic, using the fitbit and using myfitnesspal.

I'm looking for similar people that are interested in  comparing notes, hints, encouragement,etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, I'm a 69 yr old Canadian woman.  The weight clinic categorized me as obese but not yet morbidly obese. I joined fitbit in January, 2017. My only exercise is walking, and my best is 10,000, but sometimes only 3,000-6,000.  I have lost 20 lbs since joining the clinic, using the fitbit and using myfitnesspal.

I'm looking for similar people that are interested in  comparing notes, hints, encouragement,etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check the profile of @_Lilac_: she’s also from Canada, younger than you, but very active in the community and probably knows Canadian people similar to you.

PS: I merged your other post to the Get moving forum into this one. Please check the Community Guidelines on crossposting (under "Use good network etiquette").

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique wrote:

Check the profile of @_Lilac_: she’s also from Canada, younger than you, but very active in the community and probably knows Canadian people similar to you.

PS: I merged your other post to the Get moving forum into this one. Please check the Community Guidelines on crossposting (under "Use good network etiquette").

Hi Dominique, Thanks for your help. I have 2 things you could help me with.

Canada is a country with a karger landmass than the U.S.A. I is highly unlikely that we both know the same people. My question is hiw can my profile be changed from recovery runner to walker? I have never ran in my life, I'm 69 and I think it misleads and mismatches people. Especially younger people and I would prefer people closer to my age who are struggling with weight and exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Recovery runner" is your current community rank! It will change over time, depending on your activity in the community.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique wrote:

"Recovery runner" is your current community rank! It will change over time, depending on your activity in the community.

Can you please explain this rank, because I honestly think it misleads people? I can only walk due to my health.R

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you click on the link in my reply (community rank)? It provides an explanation of what ranks are. They have nothing to do with your actual physical activity. For instance, my rank is currently "10K Racer" and I could perfectly well have never taken part in a 10K race (in fact, I haven’t).

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, now I understand. Sorry! Thanks for your help .   🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes