Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for suggestions on losing weight while on vacation away from home

ANSWERED

I was not planning an interruption in my weight loss journey yet, and I am wondering if any of you have successfully lost weight while away from your routine and on vacation? What are your tips?

I am taking a two week vacation, first week I will be camping, second week I will be staying in a hotel with a small fridge, but no stove. 

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

@lavabelle

Isn’t it amazing to let your body decide how much food you need rather counting calories like a CGA accountant?  Great report!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bikerhiker wrote:

@lavabelle

Isn’t it amazing to let your body decide how much food you need rather counting calories like a CGA accountant?  Great report!

I believe once I'm at maintenance I will definitely be letting my body decide how much food I need, but unless I'm super active, this does not seem to work for me to lose weight. So I need to be super strict with calories in or I eat too much...😤...but I've been successfully losing weight and should be at my goal soon...maybe 3 more months...then definitely will not be counting calories. 

Best Answer

"Jailhouse" workouts may be useful while away from home.  Especially if the place you are staying does not have a gym.  There are a number of them out there now.  Most of these workouts require very little space and no equipment.  Here's a link for one.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/prison-workout-the-jailhouse-strong-routine.html

Best Answer

the records of my body fat give 20%, in most scales, that is for people marked and the truth, I am with enough abdominal fat hahaha ... be real pure air sensors and remove the metrics by weight height and age What is automatic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andriux wrote:

the records of my body fat give 20%, in most scales, that is for people marked and the truth, I am with enough abdominal fat hahaha ... be real pure air sensors and remove the metrics by weight height and age What is automatic?

@Andriux: body fat % as reported by scales is not necessarily accurate (in absolute terms), because of the limitations of the method used to estimate it (stress on estimate). However, if you always use the same scale in the same conditions, you should be able to see relative changes over time. You can also check a site with visual indications of various body fat levels like this one: decide whether the photos match what you are seeing in the mirror. Here is the spectrum for men around 20%:

2018-10-07_1124.png

As to abdominal fat, that’s where it comes off last for most men.

I didn’t understand your question about something being automatic, nor what air sensors have to do with all this.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes