Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for weight loss friends

I'm a working (desk job) mother in need of motivating fitbit friends.  I just got my fitbit charge hr on Saturday and earned my Marathon badge today!!  I'm in need of more friends that want to do group challenges and stay motivated.  I've got 79 lbs to lose and I'm ready for it to go!

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there!  I am 46 and need to lose 50 pounds.  I've had my Charge HR for 3 weeks.  Some days I get all my steps in, but most I don't.  My job requires sitting on my rear end at a computer all day and some days I just don't have the energy to get more.  I need motivation too!  I seem to have lost mine...somewhere...somehow...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit family @shaumarie @WrongPlanet! I'm so glad that both of you are motivated and excited to reach your goals. I would like to help, so here are some links to groups you can join to get friendly tips, more motivation and more friends to add:

http://blog.fitbit.com/30-days-to-summer-fit-day-1/

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Weight-Loss/Friends/m-p/210334/highlight/true#M5213

https://www.fitbit.com/group/22NJXW

I wish you the best! Robot wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Desk job 28 year old looking for fitbit friends 🙂 Got 86lbs to lose!

Best Answer

Welcome @KayTeeMo! I think that most of us are in the same situation, however, I'm sure that you will do a great job achieving your goal and to give you a start, you can also join the links I shared before with other Community members in this thread.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too want to join a motivated set of people who want to lose weight. I am trying to lose 72 pounds, I am a stay at home mom and my kids LOVE to need me when I am just about ready to start my workouts.

Best Answer

Woohoo, welcome @Jay19! You will do fantastic achieving your goal. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me in! Just recieved my Fitbit Flex a few days ago & have 70lbs to lose! Please feel free to add me, I'm up for friendly challenges, chit-chat, & supporting fellow fitbitters! TIA!

VivifyingLife@gmail 

Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I'm a newbie who spends too much time parked in a chair.  Anyone who needs a cheering section, feel free to add me. 

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @suzy_m @MsTavi! I'm sure you will do fantastic. Remember that you can also join the groups I recommended and also navigate through the Discussion boards to find a topic of your interest and share ideas.

Happy stepping! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi :).  My name is Jill.  I am a college student majoring in Chemistry with a Minor in Forensic Science so I, too, am required to sit a lot.  I need to lose about 60 pounds.  I would love to add more friends as well.

By the way, it isn't easy working, taking care of the kids, and trying to lose weight at the same time so, good for you working at it! 

Jill

Best Answer

I too work at a desk job for DHS in PA.  Got my Fitbit Charge HR on Sunday and amloving it so far.  Would love seom friends as well.  I am addicted to challenges. 🙂  anyway I'm 28 with a 1 year old who I chase after but not nearly enough.  🙂  Looking forward to staying motivated and losing these extra 35 pounds that I have hanging on like glue. 

"junk food you've craved for an hour, or the body you've craved for a lifetime...your decision"

"Dear Stomach...you are bored, not hungry, so Shut Up!"

Starting weight: 170 lbs
Current Weight: 159 lbs
Goal Weight: 125 lbs
Fitbit Charge HR
Best Answer

A warm welcome to both of you @DaniellaH @JillieBean22! It's awesome that you guys joined this thread. I'm sure you both will reach your goals and do fantastic. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have any awesome exercising or healthy tips, please feel free to share them with all of us.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes