Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing the jelly on the belly (and rear)

Hi, bit new here, Ive been on a fitbit thing for two weeks now Woman Very Happy, very interesting to see my activity and stats, Ive lost a good bit of weight slowly over the last few years, Im currently pretty fit and an ex dancer, happily dance full on for four hours (tops) doing street dance or ballet, brazilian or similar, I am and have always been very heavy for the height of me but im not over weight to look at, size 8-10 but 68 kg, just heavy is all and Im not bothered about that, but what does drive me crazy is the ugly jelly on my belly that just loves to try dangle over my waist bands or swing free and dangle in plank,, also there are these "jelly slabs" just over my hips at the rear, and also above my bra straps by my shoulders, theyre not diabolical or hurrendous just ugly and annoying, making me quite self conscious, any ideas or tips at all, i havent a clue, is this jelly just my age (37) or am i missing something, any help would be fantastic,

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi Zeb! To answer you question I must first say that you cannot spot reduce - meaning that you will not be able to just loose weight in your stomach area and not anywhere else. As we get older our metabolisms start to slow down and this is why we tend to gain weight. ANother part of this is everyone holds weight different - men usually get a beer belly, women usually get a muffin top, thick hips and big thighs. These tend to be the last places that loose weight as well as the hardest. Unfortunely to get your "jelly" areas to look nicer you need to loose overall body fat and then try to tone up the skin around that area to help it sit tighter. 

I would suggest doing any exercises that engages your core such as situps, crunches, planks and knee raises. These work your ab muscles and help to tighten up these areas. AT the same time you want to be doing cardio to help loose the body fat such as walking on an incline, running, skipping, biking or even just doing some burpees. 

These areas may seem like they will never go away but keep working hard and you will see progress. I would suggest taking a front picture and a side picture and repeating that every month to see if what you are doing is making any progress, and to help keep you motivated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes