Did you mean: 

Lose 30 pounds by valentines day

Lose 30 pounds by valentines day

lets start this again from old forum

how a is every one doing for first month in

Kim C
Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I will join!!!  I will be going on my first cruise feb 14th!  this will be hard work and fun, I am happy the fit bit will keep me on track 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I'm new to fitbit but this is interesting! My boyfriend just lost 20 pounds by only counting carbs and keeping to just 15 g. of carbs per day and he did it in three months! He looks great. Now I am motivated to lose! I need to lose 30 pounds but I think 15 is more reasonable by Valentine's day so I will aim for 20 but be happy with 15. Don't bother with calories. Cut out all refined sugar and white flour and don't eat carbs except those in veggies and fruits.

Good luck!

MJH45

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!  I found the community today.  I have been "fiddling" with the fitbit since 12/5.  I really like it.  There is NO WAY I can lose 30 by 2/14 or even 20.  I would be extremely happy with 10!  I need friends in this forum (I don't know how to make them so please teach me!).  I am older and a bit more limited than some of the descriptions you all have described!  BUT I am no less motivated! 

Let's DO THIS!!!!

Best Answer

Oh, and I am NOT a jogger... please start by teaching me how to fix that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would definately like to be a part of this group

Lost my fit bit, but got a new one,  planning on starting tommorow  , eating healthy and gym

I need help and support

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great idea, happy to join in please add me on Fitbit and MFP account as HeartICare to keep track and support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just set up my Fitbit One tonight...looking forward to joining this group! Can't wait for 2014!
~BrendaLea
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi laurab18 - I am restarting the 4 Hour Body (it's a book by Tim Ferriss) and I lost almost 40 pounds on it in a short time a few years ago. It's very easy to do because you schedule a cheat day every week. Let's face it, we can do anything for a week, right? But the rest of it is really easy too - protein, vegetable, and beans for every meal. If you don't like beans, just do a double serving of the veggies. No fruit, dairy, bread for the diet - until cheat day. The most do-able diet I ever tried. And it really works fast!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't wait to do this. 215 today. 185 by Valentines it is! Low carb diet works best for me. Best is losing 30 pounds in 30 days so 30 lbs in a little over 40 shouldn't be too bad!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh! Of course . . .

Get steady on the 10,000 steps per day. I am not doing so good on that. 

And get back to the gym, use my workout room in my house, and some yoga. 

The biggest thing I need to remember is move during the day when I'm at the office. You get on a project and look up and it's been two or three hours! Aaaaah! I need to make it a goal to get up every half hour and just walk into a co-workers office or down the hall or something.

We can do this!

I want to lose around 40 pounds. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my fitbit because my Physical Therapist had suggested it (she has one) to track my recovery steps and then work on improoving fitness.... I need to lose about a 100 lbs 😞  anyway, I had a bone spur removed from my heel and the Achilles tendon repaired and reattached to the heel so I am on a long hard road of recovery.  I swim, I took the fitbit into the pool today, still running like a charm (the reason I chose the fitbit over the polaris wrist monitor) so I have a way to log 'very active' workouts.  I have reset my default steps to 5k (per therapist) and I need to work up to that, while monitoring food intake and trying to lose weight.  I really need tips and to read what other's are doing to move along this journey.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

OK I'm in. I'm sitting here thinking about taking a tube of cookie dough out of the freezer and taking a couple of big bites. So glad I checked this group before I did it. Now that the craving has passed, I'm good and on board for the 30 lbs. by Valentine's Day. YAY!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in.  Late getting in so I will shoot for 20 at least, but still (secretly) would like to hit 30. Smiley Wink

I am going to use my weight as of last Saturday morning since that is my "official" weigh in day.

Alleygal
"Enjoy the journey or you will not make it to your destination."
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in! I may be starting late but I can see 30 lbs in 40 days.

Sugar  has to be out. Veggies!

I can feel how much better I feel after a few days of many veggies.

I iwll check in each night

Valentines Day is my wedding anniversary losing 30 lbs would put me at my wedding weight.  That would be awesome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was the same way. i tried truvia. it doesn't taste funky like artificial sweetners and it doesn't have awful chemicals in it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to join this group. Do I need to do anything to sign up? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Walk 300,000 steps dianeo. Then youre in.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. I'm at 47,000 so I have a bit to go 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was very lazy over the holidays and gained but am now back on track with food and exercise hope i can keep it up and hit the goal of losing 30 pounds by valentines day
Best Answer
0 Votes

As the saying goes; "Everyone can talk the talk, can you talk the walk"?! Am focused to loose 30 pounds but realistically for me that will be end of the first quarter rather than Valentine's day. Got 2 kg down and 3 kg to go for January, keeps me focused and cheerful. Anyone else?

Best Answer
0 Votes