Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing inches not pounds

ANSWERED

Help, I have lost inches but only 2lbs in the past 2 months.  I am working out everyday and eating at

least 750cals less than I burn, why is the scale not changing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

working out every day, you're probably building muscle (hence the lack of change on scale) while losing fat (hence the loss of inches).  it's a good thing. Smiley Happy

muscle is much more dense than fat.  so, a pound of muscle sitting on a table looks much smaller than a pound of fat.  

LCHF since June 2013

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

And the problem is? If you are really losing inches, I would not worry so much about the scale.  As long as your clothes are getting bigger on a regular basis.  I would rather be 125, fit and tight, than 115 flabby! Any day! 

Best Answer

Measurements are a much better indicator of fat loss than the scale.  It sounds like you're doing great!!  Keep up the good work!

Best Answer

Well I just totalled my inches vs lbs lost since Feb 16th, I have lost a total of 10.4 inches

and 2.2 lbs.  I guess I can't really complain, so just going to keep working hard and ignore the

darn scale.  Thanks for all the feed back.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

working out every day, you're probably building muscle (hence the lack of change on scale) while losing fat (hence the loss of inches).  it's a good thing. Smiley Happy

muscle is much more dense than fat.  so, a pound of muscle sitting on a table looks much smaller than a pound of fat.  

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

And the problem is? If you are really losing inches, I would not worry so much about the scale.  As long as your clothes are getting bigger on a regular basis.  I would rather be 125, fit and tight, than 115 flabby! Any day! 

Best Answer

Measurements are a much better indicator of fat loss than the scale.  It sounds like you're doing great!!  Keep up the good work!

Best Answer

Well I just totalled my inches vs lbs lost since Feb 16th, I have lost a total of 10.4 inches

and 2.2 lbs.  I guess I can't really complain, so just going to keep working hard and ignore the

darn scale.  Thanks for all the feed back.

Best Answer

I have issues with pound loss. I will get so upset when I see any gain in pounds. Whenever I gain pounds I check my inches. Typically, for me inches fly off even though I may only lose 3 pounds. Keep it up, inch loss is far better than pounds. Inch loss is fat loss and muscle gain 😃

Best Answer

It's the nice thing about the Fitbit Aria scale: it not only tells you about your weight, but about your body fat % as well (and automatically syncs everything with your Fitbit account). Inch measurements tell the same story, but stepping on a scale is more convenient on a daily basis. The idea is that lean mass (muscle) is denser than fat. It's better to have your weight remaining the same and your body fat decreasing than having a lower weight, but the same body fat %.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The Aria sounds amazing. Maybe when it is being sold at Costco, I will buy it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the Aria is just a scale, and it is indeed expensive. You mostly pay for the convenience of having your weight and body fat data automatically uploaded to your account. My only regret with it is I purchased it three months after getting my Fitbit tracker, by which time I had lost most of the extra weight I wanted to get rid of. If I had known, I would have gotten both at the same time. Now I don't know how fat I was when I started Smiley Wink

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have been trying to lose down to 182 for some time. I get to 183 then bounce to 185. I have been about 185 for the last week. I wonder if I am losing fat. I am able to exercise, bicycle riding, a solid hour once a week. That will change to much more time the 16. At that time school will be out and I will have returned from Mesa, AZ. I know that my waist is 36 to 35 inches and there is not much be muscle on my legs and arms.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wouldn't it be great if they would allow us to track our inches again? Please Vote!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Body-Measurements/idi-p/603250

Best Answer

Got mine on Amazon. I like it for the upload and syncing with Humana, myfitness pal etc, but the body fat percentage on mine varies wildly.

Best Answer
0 Votes