Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing weight but 30% less than Fitbit suggest s

ANSWERED

In last 6 weeks my intake calories was Under budget and calories out was above the target. I have lost weight but 500-700 grams per week , not 1kg as FitBit is suggesting. I have been over achiever in all Fitbit aspects as water, workout, calories, steps but not the weight! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Congrats for the great start with your weight loss! Looks like the Fitbit Food Plan is working well for you, i.e. you were able to create the caloric deficit needed for the weight loss to occur. That the actual weight loss is a bit smaller than predicted is no big deal IMO: 0.5-0.7 kg per week is still a very respectable rate at which to lose weight. You have now basically "calibrated" your Fitbit, having found it likely overestimate calories burned, and by how much. If you really want to lose 1 kg per week, you’ll have to create a calculated deficit higher than the one you have had so far. OTOH, I would say you’d be better off losing at "only" 0-5-0.7 kg per week.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It’s not a perfect science. Fitbit doesn’t know how much lean body mass you have which can affect how many calories you burn. It’s just an estimate. If you are looking to burn 1kg per week than you need to drop calories a little more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congrats for the great start with your weight loss! Looks like the Fitbit Food Plan is working well for you, i.e. you were able to create the caloric deficit needed for the weight loss to occur. That the actual weight loss is a bit smaller than predicted is no big deal IMO: 0.5-0.7 kg per week is still a very respectable rate at which to lose weight. You have now basically "calibrated" your Fitbit, having found it likely overestimate calories burned, and by how much. If you really want to lose 1 kg per week, you’ll have to create a calculated deficit higher than the one you have had so far. OTOH, I would say you’d be better off losing at "only" 0-5-0.7 kg per week.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer