Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 79 lbs, 21 lbs to go, just got my fitbit! Advice?

Hello Fitbit community!!! I've been on a weight loss journey since gaining too much weight during pregnancy. My son is now two and I've lost 79 lbs. I lost the first 60 ish jst counting calories (MFP). When that stalled out I began exercising, running, yoga etc, and have dropped down to a toal now of 79 lbs! (WOOHOO!!!) but to get into the weight range I'd like to be in I need to look another 21-30 lbs. I'm 5'7 currently and 161 (ish) lbs (depending on the day). I basically am just looking for support, advice, and any helpful tips including tips on how to best utilize my fitbit.

For instance, today it states that I've burned 1,867 calories, and have eaten 1,563 (that's A LOT FOR ME, thanks thanksgiving >_<). I also did yoga today and burned roughly 176 calories. I entered that in MFP and it is showing up on my Fitbit. The calorie defecit is still putting me at "under" and in the yellow however, and is saying I need to eat 160 more calories..... but wouldn't that lose my defecit? and If I need a 500 cal defecit to lose 1 lb per week how is that correct? Is my yoga included in that 1,867? This is my first day so i just want to make sure I'm using this correctly 😕

Thanks in advance for any respinses I may get!!!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5
kthnxbye
Awesome 
Now only are you an insipration to others you are a rock star.
Keep it up.Those last Pounds gonna fly away soon...............................................Smiley Happy
Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

Wonderful Achievement @KthnxbyeO_O 

The body will try anything for survival, if there's been a huge weight loss, it fight back and the weight can go back the same as it was and a few pound extra to prevent such weight loss in the future (it doesn't know if being eating in deficit, it only knows systematically there's not enough food for energy).

The body uses energy for digesting food, when eating protein (yoghurt, eggs, lean meat such as chicken, fish..) the body requires a bit more energy 'cause it takes more energy to digest protein than (carbohydrates, fats).

Lowering fat intake a bit can help to by eating more fruit. Since our bodies prefer fat first since it's the easiest to burn, when fat is used up, it can quicker starting to use the proteins,..

If being on a weight loss for a longer time (few months), consider to eat on maintance for a while (a week, few weeks), so the body can relax, restore it's metabolism,.. doesn't 'think' there's a shortage of food supply.

Afterwards continue with your weight (body fat) loss, add in a random day or two to eat on maintance in the week, the weight loss will be slower, but this allows to eat on maintance on some days and allows the body to 'recover' from all the dieting.. it can give faster results. Cat Embarassed

-

Noticed that my weight personally stay about the same with some fluctuations, have stopped food logging and appear to be loosing more (body fat) by eating only when being hungry but keeping a balance in food choiches (a few pieces of fruit a day, yoghurt,..), at dinner (50% vegetables, 25% meat, 25% others), eating slowly and if being still hungry after 20 minutes (stop eating and eat a bit more if still feeling hungry afterwards). It takes up to 20 minutes for receiving the signal of having eaten enough.

Not restricting calories, just eating what I want, in moderation, depending on how large the hunger is.

Weigh myself daily though, body fat decreased further for now (also doing yoga sometimes if being in the mood).

Ultimate Goal is to reach a lower body fat percentage until sickpack is lightly visible, if noticing fat % gets a bit higher, know to eat back a bit less 'cause of wanting to reach the goal, if it's lower, great.

Eating on feeling now to get back in tune with the body actual needs, without calories counting, enjoying every bite. Learning back to eat on true hunger. Smiley Embarassed

coollogo_com-18803402.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks guys!!!! I am watching my macros. I aim for 50% complex carbs, 25% lean proteins and 25% fat. My body fat percentage is at 24% possibly lower (it's been a bit since I've had it measured). Should I adjust those maybe and also try the maintaining weight thing fr a week or two then go back to restricting?
Best Answer
0 Votes
19.6 lbs to go...... But it's such slow going 😭 how do I make the weoght keep dropping fast like it used to??? HELP!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My tips, which originate from a keto type diet, are to eat your first meal as early in the morning as possible.  Most importantly, drink lots of clear water (~2 liters/day) and stay away from diet sodas and water flavoring.

These two principals combined supposedly kickstart your metabolism and keep it burning fat.   I'm no Dr. so take it for what it is, but this has helped me lose 40lbs before.

Keep up the good work.  You've inspired me to get back going again too!

edit: p.s. As to the calorie deficit and fitbit calorie counts, your body and metabolism might be a little different depending on several factors so you may not want to utilize those as hard/fast numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes