Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 9 pounds in about 3 months

I see my doctor on 6 month intervals and I lost 9 pounds. Most of this weight loss was from a program I began in June. Prior to June I was playing table tennis but stopped because of corona virus concerns. So I turned to my 2 old "friends" for help, my 1984 Schwinn Sierra mountain bike, and my 1993 Nordic Track Challenger Ski Machine. 

Since mid June I have been either bike riding 10-16 miles on nearby bike trails or sweating like crazy on the Nordictrack,some days both. Also religiously tracking my heart rate with my FitBit and also a Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband. The Scosche and FitBit complement each other nicely. 

To others wanting to safely lose weight I have these recommendations:

1.  Find your target heart rate range and monitor it closely when you work out.  This web site will help. [https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/lifestyle/tools-calculators/heart-rate-zone-calcu...]
  2. The modern home exercise equipment is so expensive I suggest looking around for older equipment that is cheaper and very effective.
  3. I see many Nordic Tracks ski exercise machines for sale in the $100-200 price range on several web sites, you might also find them at a local garage sale. Also, I see modern equipment being advertised on TV costs $2500 and more.  What a difference.
  4. Same thing with the bicycles, you don't really need a shiny new $2000 bike with all the new wiz-bang tech to get a good work out from the bicycle. Look for a good used bike.

Good luck!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Great post @rkmedd 

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Thank you so much for sharing 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only because I see missing from the list the 1 required thing to actually lose fat weight.

Eat less than you burn by a reasonable amount.

All too easy to pick a workout that makes you more hungry than the workout burned - and if not logging how much is eaten can easily eat too much for weight loss.

As the saying goes - you can't out-exercise a bad diet.

Or start with workouts of drop-fork and table-pushback.

Or weight loss starts in the kitchen.

Eat a little less, move a little more.

Ect.

But very true on getting active - I think most would rather burn say 2500 and eat 2000 and lose 1 lb weekly, then be sedentary and burn 2000 and only get to eat 1500.

And not hard to find items to make sure there is something under the fat to show up when it's lost, not just more fat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes