Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love to eat, Need help curbing appetite.

ANSWERED

Hello folks, I'm 31 yrs old 6'2 255lbs and while I am conscious of what I eat, I like eating a lot. Starting this week I started counting my calories and noticed how quickly the little snacks adds up. I want a healthy solution to curbing my appetite without starving myself. Any ideas?

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

I agree with eating the fruit and veggies and the best way I found for me is to make green smoothies. You can make and have then for a meal replacement or snack whichever you prefer but you are getting all the nutrients and fiber that will keep you filled and curb that hunger, I make them daily.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also found I can eat a lot of fruits and veggies as long as I add some protein. A good way to get the protein and feel like you are having a treat, is taking a premier protein chocolate shake (Costco) pour into a bullet or similar blender add 1/2 frozen banana and 1 TBS of PB2 a dried peanut butter gives about 32 gms of protein and tastes lime an ice cream treat. Makes a great on the go breakfast or preworkout meal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for your candid post.  I am experiencing the "addiction"/wanting to snack all the time and now 10 of the 30 I lost last year is back.  Thanks for putting it my head that a.) it is an addiction; and b.) we're not alone in this.

Keep up the awesome work Dr. B 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've learned to sublimate my binging desires a while back.  I had to.  Otherwise, I would have never been able to stay on track.

By sublimation, I mean figure out what else to do besides stuffing your face and couch potato-ing.

Get with a nutritionist who can recommend the proper dietary intake for you.  Then stick with it.

Research the web and spend time building up a small database or list of foods that meet those nutrition levels.  The time taken doing that is not time taken "grazing" in the kitchen.

Walk...walk...walk, especially if you haven't done a lot of exercise before...

Eat smaller portions...

I'm not going to lie to you.  Your body and mind are going to play tricks on you...Every time your belly grumbles or you want to get up at 5 AM to exercise and your achy sorry keister doesn't want to...get mad.  Get mad at yourself and get up and do that exercise.  Sure beats reaching for that pound of M&Ms....

Lew

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the Special K snacks. I keep the 60, 70, and 90 calorie snacks on hand. I put them in my computer bag and take them with me to work. I like the Weight Watchers mini cakes and the Special K Fiber One snacks. For a craving for protein, try the mini Turkey Sticks. They are very low in calories. I keep them handy as well. Or if you don't want those kind of foods, keep a small apple with you at all times. Good Luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes