Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSM and anxiety / anti-depressants

Hi, I'm a new fitbit user, I've been on MFP for a year and lost about 40 lbs so far.  I take an anti-depressant and also have anxiety.  After speaking to a pharmacist to approve the use of MSM for a wrist and knee injury, I just started taking that supplement.  Does anyone have any comments about the use of MSM when you have anxiety, such as effectiveness or increase in anxiety?

I'd love some feedback, thanks for your time!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

LIstening to the MainStream Media causes anxiety and depression until you realize it's all lies and propaganda, at which point you can enjoy it for its comedic value.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gained 40 lbs from antidepressants after years as a healthy 130 lb woman.  Be really careful with how antidepressants react with the body and always make sure you are closely communicating your concerns to your psychiatrist. 

I will state that each person is different. I dont know how your antidepressants will interact with MSM but to be fair this is a topic that would be more suited to your attending physician. they would know way more about interactions. 
best safe bet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes