Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Friends - New to my Weight loss Journey with Fitbit

Hey all 👋 i am New here and id love to make some friends, people to communicate with, encourage each other and inspire through the process of improving being active and Weight Loss, also share advice/ideas on how to ``make it happen``. 💪👊😊

Hope to See you there! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @LexiCoremo and welcome to the Community forum.  To help you with your weight loss journey, I am moving your post to the Manage Weight forum.  It is one of Fitbit's Health & Wellness forums.  I think it will help you find more friends.  I also want to point out that there are open groups on the Fitbit app.  Tap on the Community icon on the bottom of the Fitbit app, then toggle the bar at the top to Groups.  I'm sure you'll find something you'll like.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW  Thank you very much for your Help and advice it is muchly appreciated i will defensively have a look 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

welcome @LexiCoremo and cheers to starting a new path with a healthy lifestyle. I think looking around the community you will run into folks who have similar goals. Don't be shy and send them a friend request!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the welcoming message. Muchly apreciated and i do hope so. I have also requested to join some groupsnon facebook. 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

just in time for the new year huh, 🙂 

i'll add you as a friend, lets battle those extra pounds... a bit about what i do:

* have been doing IF for little over a year

* i also try to workout 4 days a week.

* love rowing, i own a concept 2 rower and challenge myself to do a marathon every year, this will be my third year

*used to do crossfit, now i workout in my garage with similar high intensity workout and other stuff

*love to eat so that doesn't help with my weight management

anyways, welcome and good luck, cya around

Best Answer

Concept2 in my Garage helped me drop 158 LBS in 15 months which I've been maintaining for 6 months now. Love that machine. IF was also part of the equation along with dilligent tracking of calories in and out using my Charge3.

Good luck to all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is counterintuitive but rowing machines are bad for arthritic knees.   Rowing machines strengthen muscles around knee joints.  However, repetitive bending & straightening of these joints can make conditions such as arthritis worse.  Any problems not muscle related can be made worse.  An elliptical is lower impact than walking.!  Swimming or a stationary bikes, especially recumbent are good.  ( I have a rowing machine.)                          live healthy.chron.com  ( if you want to google about rowing and knees.)  It is wonderful and different to hear about someone who exercised enough to lose so much weight.  You probably used good judgement about what you were eating too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! I am struggling with losing weight...again... my goal weight is 160 and i have not been able to reach!  Currently at 189 not happy about that.  Here for support. Blessings!

Best Answer

I am wondering if it matters what you eat, if you count calories and the number seems reasonable for losing weight.  For instance past meals in a box for only about 220 calories.  Anyone have an opinion ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never can get the edit thing to work on here..........That was supposed to say pasta , like noodles or mac & cheese.

Best Answer
0 Votes