Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Male. 5' 6". 250 Pounds. Want to Lose 110 pounds. I can do this! Join me!

Sup people!

Name's Eddie. Started my weight loss journey at 272 pounds on April 15th, 2015. A month later, I'm down 22 pounds (hell yeah!) mostly through just eating right (I would consume 3-4k calories  day in junk food and mostly soda). Decided enough was enough, and I wanted to lose faster and more efficiently by getting some activity in there along with my new diet.

MyFitnessPal has been great and eye-opening as far as caloric measurements are concerned. Never realized how many calories some foods had, and it blew me away... in a good way. I am so glad that FitBit is partnered with MFP in order to make my weight loss journey even more exciting and fun.

I'm a huge techie fan, so of course I had to jump on the FitBit wagon. I have the Charge HR, got it two days ago. It's been great!

I wanna tackle some challenges, and make some new friends. Any takers? 😄

-Eddie

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @BrutalSeverity! You are not alone on this journey, there is this thread that has plenty of members adding eachother to reach their own goals Smiley Very Happy

We can do this! Let's keep stepping Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums Eddie!

You have done excellent so far! Keep it up!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hey Eddie!  Sounds like you're on the rght track.  At the beginning of 2011 I was 282 lbs, 5'8". Now and for almost three years I've stayed pretty close to 175lbs. Increase your activity at a sustainable rate- you have to like this to keep doing it.  That said, putting in some effort on the days you don't feel like it will make you feel like a champ-afterwards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Eddie, you look a lot younger than me and weight has never been an issue for my but I recently took up Zumba, a couple of younger guys that take the class have had similar weight issues to you. They have both lost huge amounts of weight and the fitness level is unbelievable. If this is something you would be willing to try look for a class that is not to dancy. I have tried several and the girl who takes the class I do is more focused on aerobic fitness the dancy classes are harder to follow and wont give you what you want. It is loads of fun and an incredible workout if you can find the right class.

Also one class will get you 7500 steps at least.

Name Alan by the way

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started my journey during the Christmas Holidays. I like you weighed 270 pounds. I used to manually write down my calories but I wasn't doing a very good job. In March 2014 I weighed 241. My dad got cancer during that time and my stress levels went throught the roof. He died in July 2014. By November 2014 I was weighing 270 pounds. I used Food to ease the pain of the Grief that I was feeling. I didn't care what  or how much I was eating. On Christmas my daughter gave me the Fitbit. Today I weigh 211 pounds. I am older than you are and so it has taken me longer to lose. I still miss my dad. But hopefully he is proud that I have lost the weight. I wish you the best of luck. 

Best Answer

Hi, Eddie! 

I hear you on discovering how many calories some foods have. I vividly remember going through that! You'll learn an amazing amount of stuff by taking control over your health. 

Great job on the 22lbs! 😃 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the support and feedback. Yep, it's a challenge, and thankfully I'm on the right track! On April 15th, 2015 I was 272 and now a little over a month later I'm officially 25 pounds lighter! Man Very Happy

Nope, not starving myself! Just monitoring calories and focusing on meeting my step goals every day. Keep it up everyone, we can achieve our goals!

-Eddie

Best Answer

Keep up the good work.

Best Answer
0 Votes