Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother's Day Challenge. Lose 20 by Mother's Day! Who is with me?

ANSWERED

Being involved in a challenge helps keep me motivated and it seems like it works for others too.  It also helps to have a goal and a deadline to get there.  Let's all get healthier for ourselves and for our families.  Let's do this for our kids, or our grandkids, or for our own mothers as well as for ourselves.  Come join me and let's do this!

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
Hi rmm2014 .. Please do join in. You're always welcome to participate in any of the challenges we have here. Glad you're here.
MissesFishes

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

This 2014 challenge is retired now.  There is a 2015 Mother's Day Challenge that has started up so head on over there and be part of the fun!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
442 REPLIES 442
This sounds a lot more reasonable and healthier than the 30 by Valentine's Day. I'm in!
Best Answer

Welcome Mykkisu!  Look forward to going through the challenge with you for the next 4 + months!  Please post at least once a week or even more frequently so we can keep each other motivated.  Post what you are doing to lose weight and how things are going.  I already put a pound on since yesterday because of snacking last night while ringing in the new year so I am behind the eightball now! LOL.  But I am ready to get back on the horse and get after it starting today!  

Best Answer

I'm in! I have 20 more to lose to make my goal weight. Not sure if I can do it by Mother's Day, but I need all the motivation I can get.

----------------
Linda
Georgia, USA
Best Answer

Great Linda!  Glad to see you joining me here!  We have a little more than 4 months and this will help us head into the summer looking and feeling better.  I know the feeling of not being sure it can be done.  Especially when you are on your last 20, it might go slower but hopefully, we can keep each other motivated to eat nutritionally and stay active and those will lead to results!!

Best Answer

What better time to jump into a challenge than the first day of a new year!  According to my Flex I need to make some serious adjustments and start moving so here goes.  My first step will be putting back some of those treats that seem to jump in my grocery cart.  If it ain't here, I can't eat it! 

Best Answer
I'd like to join in on this challenge. 20 lbs would feel great! My plan is to drink more water, get in 10k steps with cardio most days, and use the Slim Fast plan. I've had success with weight loss before on this plan but adding in the fitbit and a challenge will get my head where it needs to be again. See you all on the boards :). Linda F
Best Answer

I would like to join this challenge too!  🙂

Best Answer
I look forward to being part of this challenge. I have more then 20 pounds to lose but this will be a great start.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay, here's what I'm doing... I found a website called Shrinking on a Budget, and I'm eating from that. It has 2 breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and desserts per week and dinner every day. I am AWFUL at meal planning. So, this is the best way I've found to eat right.
I am also alternating daily with a Couch to 5K plan and a Victoria's Secret workout I found on Pinterest. On the VS days, I'm also walking 2 miles to make sure I'm getting my steps in. I go to the gym at 5 every morning so I don't get lazy (except Sunday).
Best Answer

Welcome to everyone who joined today!  It is great to have a bunch of us to do this together!  

Mykkisu, you don't sound anything close to lazy!  Your work out plans will inspire me to work harder.

Today, I took a 45 minute walk and am still 1500 away from getting my 10K.  Guess I need to walk or dance around the house before bedtime!

Best Answer

I have more than 20 pounds to lose but this seems reasonable and healthy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll be joining you all. I have step challenges but I need a weight challenge and this would be good for me. Thank You.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome RMN and Suzy!  Looking forward to hearing more from you both on how things go over the next weeks and months!

I am walking for exercise and trying to get my 10K steps a day, doing a short abs and weight routine at home and eating about 90% vegan.  My diet and walking was working great since September but over the since Christmas day have gained three pounds.  I now need to get those three off plus the 20 more by Mother's Day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to join this challenge as well. When I first got my fitbit I was very competitive and strived everyday to hit my step goal but have been slacking due to long work hours. I plan to get back into the groove by getting my me time back. I plan on taking my lunch breaks again and strolling through downtown Fort Worth as much as I can. I also plan on getting my butt back into the gym for I am paying for it so need to put it to good use. I also want to drink more water as well. I've never been fond of it but when I make my fresh fruit infused water, I seem to drink more which is good.

Overall I think this is a great and healthy challenge to drop some pounds and keep it off.

Best Answer

I would love to join in this challenge too!  I have more than 20 pounds to lose as well, but this will be a great start.  I tend to be a good weight loser, but can't maintain the loss well at all.  So this year, I am trying some new things - just making a few changes at a time - hoping this will help to make it more of a life-style change.  I am also going off dairy too to hopefully relieve myself of some digestion issues.  I am also going to try yoga to help relieve stress. Can't wait to start this challenge with you all! Dana  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome Dana and Kelsothonto!  Your plans sound great!

Friday is my weigh day but it is only two days since starting the challenge.  Today, I have lost 3/10ths of a pound since Wednesday's start date. Hopefully, I will have more to report next Friday.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in! I have to lose 42 poundsSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome Gris!  There are a bunch of us in this challenge who need to lose more than 20.  I need to lose about 45.  I already lost 30 doing a three month Christmas challenge.  I think breaking it up into these smaller goals makes it easier to stay engaged.  You get to meet a goal and feel successful while making progress towards the bigger long term goal!  You can bet I will probably start another challenge when this one is over but by then, I will only have a measly 25 to go from the overwhelming 75 I started with!  And BTW, I feel so much better than I did in September when I began this weight loss process with the Fitbit.  I have more energy, more strength in my legs and core and my complexion is better.  We are all going to reap major benefits by the time Mother's Day gets here!!

Best Answer

I'm in but is this for the American Mother's Day or the English Mother's Day?

Thanks!

Best Answer