Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother's Day to July 4th 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

7thCSW - 212.4 (1/1/18) Seventh Challenge Starting Weight

8thCSW - 210.2 (2/14/18) Eighth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.2 (4/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.6 (5/13/18)

LW- 

CW- 210.6

GW- 205.0 (7/4/18)

Stretch goal weight - 200.0

UGW- 150

I'm ready to start again!

Best Answer

First time joining  I was following the mother's day one but only spotted it midway through. 

USW 113.9kg (250.6lbs) 01/15/18

CW 97.7kg (215lbs) 05/16/18

MGW 95kg (6lbs) 06/01/18

GW 91kg (200lbs) 07/04/18

UGW TBD possibly around the 76kg (167lbs)

Thats a lot of typing 😊 

Best Answer

Absolutely ready to go again. For the couple of weeks or so I must admit I have been less than motivated, Could be due to the weather starting to change towards the winter pattern, could be the frustrations with my injured knee or just the fact that I have been going for 5 months full on and just feel like easing up for a bit.

But I know if I lose focus, it will not be a good thing so am so glad @Cele21 that you have continued on the challenge for us.

I weigh in on a Friday so have already got my first results for the challenge. As you can see, not a lot lost this week with very little exercise and last weekend celebrating Mother's Day with my girls at the movies and out for dinner causing a rise on the scale at the start of the week.

That's why I need challenges like this to help keep myself accountable.

USW - 103kg (227pounds) (1st Jan 2018)

1stCSW - 96.8kg(213pounds) - (14/2/18) First Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 92.2kg(203.2pounds) - (1/4/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 86.8kg(191.36pounds) - (13/5/18)

LW - 86.8kg(191.36pounds) - (13/5/18)

CW - 86.6kg(191.36pounds) - (20/5/18)

GW - 83kg(183pounds)

UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

This goal weight is going to be a big push for me. I'll have to lose at least 600g (1.3pounds) a week to get there now but this is a big goal weight for me. If I can actually hit this goal it will mean I have lost 20kg (44pounds) this year and will be well over half way to my goal weight.

Good luck to everyone!

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer

USW - 211

SW - 179.7

CW 181.7

GW - 175

UGW- between 169 - 175 will see....

i am glad for another challenge!

been a crazy week between mothers day and my birthday i am up a bit this am,  i weigh in daily but only write down my Monday am WI. Hopefully i can work off a bit of the damage this weekend.

Looks like this challenge is 7 weeks long, if I can lose 1 lb a week I will be super happy, so thats my Goal. Will be hard, I have so many things this next month, travel, my first Grandbaby, and summer evenings i love to sit on the deck and have a beer or two. I havnt had a drink since Jan 1(due to calories not to a drinking problem.)

My biggest challenge is my mind set. I can feel myself relaxing with my thoughts not being as focused and driven. I am better than i was, i am looking a bit better, feeling better..............so my head says its good enough! I am better than i was, but its not where i want to be or where i should be. I am still very over weight and need to stay focused!

I got a new fitbit for my birthday with the HR, so hopefully that will help me to walk more and to stay on top of things for the next 7 weeks of this challenge!

Best Answer

USW 144.4  March

CW    138.6

GW    130

UGW  106 

Weighed 106 before foot went out so now I can do my 5 miles again. Got 70 min of cardio and 10 peak walking with Nora this morning. Feels good to be on the trail again. I'm ready to get back in shape.

Best Answer

CSW - 210.6 (5/13/18)

LW- 210.6

CW- 210.2

GW- 205.0 (7/4/18)

UGW- 150

Working hard to find my focus again. I really want to see a loss each week - even a small one.

Best Answer

Thank you for starting this challenge!!! I've had a lot going on and I completely missed the Mother's Day end and the start of the new challenge. Having said that, my scale is broken or something because it is giving me numbers that are too high. Haha. I had a medical procedure last week that required me to drink this extremely salty solution, fill up for two days on a liquid only diet, and after the procedure, my scale said 294lb. I was shocked. I think it's all that salt. I haven't weighed since then but I'll do it tomorrow morning and use that as my challenge start weight.

My daughter is going away tomorrow for two weeks. It will give me a chance to hit restart. Her junk food will be out of the house and she won't be running to fast food so I won't be tempted to partake. I don't often, but it will be completely out of sight, out of mind. Her absence will also give me an opportunity to do a lot of my exercise videos in the livingroom. I need to step it up. A few weeks ago I found a t-shirt that says, "EVERY STEP COUNTS" on it ... So that's part of my new workout wardrobe.

I was assisting at my sister's Art Night last night and there were a few very large women there. They'd started losing weight and were excited about it. I haven't felt that excitement in so long because I'm just stagnating. I need to get that boost, that lift again. I'm determined to rev up this metabolism again. I'm still here. I have not given up. It's been almost two years that I've been working at it and I still wear my fitbit and post. One year on a stupid plateau. Grrrr.

USW - 380 lb

SW - 

CW - 

PW - 292.4

GW - 285

UGW- anything near 200

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

USW - 380 lb

SW - 294

CW - 294

PW - 292.4

GW - 285

UGW- anything near 200

I did a Leslie Sansone video in the living room this morning. I then sat for hours working and then took the dogs for a walk. I have 8700 steps, so I'll be sure to get my other 1300, perhaps with another workout. I suppose I should go over to the YMCA and join again. I think the pool will help me even though it stopped helping me for a while. The bursitis in my hips is KILLING me lately and I don't want to be living on anti-inflammatories. So, after my walk with my mom tomorrow morning, I'll go over to the Y and join again. 

I'm still shocked by that weight gain. Confused. I'll do some more strict measuring of portions and figure out what's going on with me. Calories in vs. calories out don't work for me, so ... gotta find out what's up. Anyway, blah blah...off to get my last 1300 steps.

Best Answer

Hi @_Lilac_! Glad the procedure went well. Besides the salt the gain can also be stress related - you've been working hard, dealing with health issues, worrying about your weight, stressing about procedures and appointments. Maybe take this weekend to just sit back - and exist. Go on a nature walk (without the dogs) and breath, notice nature (which I know you always do) and really savor it. Sit by the water and listen. Pay attention to your heart beat and re-familiarize yourself with you.

Actually, I may take my own advise and do the same thing!

Best Answer

@Cele21 Thanks for the suggestions. I'll certainly take time to just be by myself and enjoy some nature/quiet. Before I read your post, I was so frazzled. I tried to do computer work on the deck but my gazebo roof still isn't finished so I had no shade. The dogs were running in and out. The cat was trying to escape. My supper was done, so I had to go back in the house and wrangle the pets and then locked myself in my room all by myself. I am feeling stressed, so I am going to chill. 

My mother and I walked the river trail this afternoon. It was nice. When the sun gets behind the house I'll head back out to the deck to listen to the birds. 

I hope everyone is having a great day. 

Best Answer

@_Lilac_  Glad to see your back.  I always enjoy your posts.  Seems like a lot of the usual's from early last year have quit posting and joining.

I know about slacking off and being busy.  Been that way since I moved in November and I'm going to be moving again later this year.  So much fun.  Lost my other older kitty 4 weeks ago. She just suddenly got sick and vet wasn't sure what it was.  Been 9 months since I had lost the oldest one. Now instead of just missing the one I miss both of them badly.  I have Jazzy but he's not much of a cuddle kitty. More of a "want to wrestle kitty".

Going to join the challenge as I really need to lose some weight and get my eating to be healthier.  Actually more like get my backside off the couch (lol).  Will log weight and everything next week or over the weekend. Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday weekend.

" I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I use to be "  Joyce Meyer 

Best Answer

@Tybokitty  I received and accepted your request. I am at 61,000 steps for the last 7 days, which is an improvement from the last few months. I've decided to do a 45 min workout in my living room each day while I watch my favorite downloaded show as a distraction tool. 

A few of those salty pounds dropped off and I'm being careful with food. Hopefully the scale will cooperate with me soon. 

I don't think I like my daughter being away. I'm overwhelmed with pets and the new chihuahua is very energetic, constantly at me to play and go out and eat, etc etc. Always in trouble or thinking about it. At least with the two of us we could switch off tasks and not get crazy with it all. 

I hit my 10,000 about 30 min ago. I have to sit and work though for a bit. I've had only 1000 calories today so I need to think of another meal. Hmmm...what to have.

Best Answer

The last few days my belly hasn't been well when I eat so I'm trying to eat light and things that are easy to digest. I'm not up to snuff with calories but I've been exercising, so I find myself getting dizzy sometimes and I remind myself to eat. How does this happen when some days I feel like I can't eat enough?? 

I have done a few paintings and wanted to share one in particular with you. I set my new produce on the counter and thought, "Wow, they are so pretty together. Greens but so different." I need to get a frame and hang it in my kitchen, I think. Enjoy. 

tomavo.jpg

Best Answer

Gah no sooner had I written my post when I got shin splints and have been laid up for 10 days and a stupid amount of food eaten and wine.

Today is a new day! 

Best Answer

CSW - 210.6 (5/13/18)

LW- 210.2

CW- 215.0

GW- 205.0 (7/4/18)

UGW- 150

So. Total gain this week but I expected it. We took a very successful two day family trip for our 30th anniversary - road snacks, soda, 6 hours in a car on my butt, lots of walking 1 day, laid up in knee pain 2 days. Tired, achy but relaxed, refreshed and refocused. I think the 5 lbs I gained should drop off pretty quickly with increased water and movement and then I have June to lose 5 more. Still sticking to my original goal for July 4th.

Best Answer

A bit late with last weeks update but I have had dance competitions and sick children to contend with.

My weight was down which was a good thing but I know I won't be so lucky this week.

Last weekend was a full day at dance competitions with takeaway consumed and no real plan for meals. I still have 2 full days of competitions to go.

Also, little to no exercise means I'm not burning a lot lately either and after doing my mid week weigh in yesterday know I am in for a bit of a gain this week.

I am struggling with winter coming! I had this whole plan for how I was going to continue my weight loss but am struggling. Being a very picky eater, my warm meals are limited whereas in summer I can live on salad everyday if I have too. Also the cold is getting to me. When I lost all of my weight 14 years ago the same thing happened. My body doesn't cope well with the lack of blubber and I am freezing ALL OF THE TIME! It is driving me crazy. But I have to find a way somehow. I know my losses will be less because of it but as long as I don't gain for the next 3 months then when the warm weather returns I can start again.

This doesn't mean I won't keep trying, I just have to tell myself not to expect the same results I have so far this year.

USW - 103kg (227pounds) (1st Jan 2018)

1stCSW - 96.8kg(213pounds) - (14/2/18) First Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 92.2kg(203.2pounds) - (1/4/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 86.8kg(191.36pounds) - (13/5/18)

LW - 86.6kg(191.36pounds) - (20/5/18)

CW - 85.9kg(189.6pounds) - (27/5/18)

GW - 83kg(183pounds)

UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer

@_Lilac_, Greetings from Europe! I just opened the fit-bit app for the first time since I arrived here, about a week ago. Trying to catch up with you all, and see if I can get back to my activity, both here and at the Rec Center. I am replying to you first because i want to tell you how much I like your new painting. It inspires me to start painting again. Well, I can't do it here, because there are a lot of things going on, but when I get back to the US, I may follow up on this. 

I hope you will continue to do well with your health and fitness goals. 

Cheers! 

Ellie

Best Answer

@_Lilac_, Greetings from Europe! I just opened the fit-bit app for the first time since I arrived here, about a week ago. Trying to catch up with you all, and see if I can get back to my activity, both here and at the Rec Center. I am replying to you first because i want to tell you how much I like your new painting. It inspires me to start painting again. Well, I can't do it here, because there are a lot of things going on, but when I get back to the US, I may follow up on this. 

I hope you will continue to do well with your health and fitness goals. 

Cheers! 

Ellie

Best Answer

Nora and I have been walking every other day as it is hard for her as she gets older. I think our new plan that we started this morning will work better for both of us now that it is so hot. Getting up at 6 a.m. and doing 3 miles and then 3 miles in the evening around 7 when it is cooler. I'm doing Keto so I don't weigh as often but I am strict on my macros and calories. Haven't had a carb in 50 days! Don't miss anything except my fruit. Never ate junk food, cookies, cake etc. or had soft drinks in the house so that was never a problem. My clothes feel better and my legs are getting muscle so it's all good. As long as I keep getting 70 min of cardio and 140 active min before lunch then I'm on track to lose the weight. Hope everyone has a great weekend I have a concert tonight for my 13 year old grand daughter and one on Saturday for the 16 year old so lots of time with my girls

Best Answer