Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motivation to lose 60 pounds!

ANSWERED

Hey Fitbit people,

I am here to start a new journey on weight loss. I am at my heaviest - 232. Ouch. When I look at my heart dropped. I got on birth control and BAM I gained so much. I worked at a call center and now I work at an office sitting down ... all day. I've gained 60 pounds within the last year and a half. I need some motivation and some friends that are on the same boat as me so we can work together and get fit!

Feel free to add me 🙂

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@ChubbyButCute

Hi and welcome to the community.  I work with computers and spend a lot of my time during the day at a desk and I also travel for work, so airports, hotels and restaurants.  I started at 240 in Dec 2014 and as of last weeks weigh in, I'm at 190 with 10 more lbs to go.  Let me assure you, this has not been an easy journey, but oh so worth it.  I've had set backs and successes.  The key is never give up.  Here's a little motivational story:

Two frogs fell in the butter churn that was filled with cream as it chilled in the stream.  They swam around in the cream for quite sometime when one finally said, I can't keep swimming.  I'm getting so tired I just can't go on.  The other tried to encourage him to hang in there, but finally he gave up and sank into the cream and drowned.  The second frog kept kicking and kicking as hard as he could telling himself never to give up.  When the farmer finally came to check on the cream and begin churning, he takes off the lid and there the second frog sat resting on a pat of butter churned from all his kicking.  Never give up!

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Have fun reaching your goals @ChubbyButCute

PS: Don't deny any foods, have with care (prevents binge eating), it's not a diet, it's about changing food habits.

It's possible to stay at the same weight when starting to work out.. not necessary a increase in body fat but if loosing body fat, the weight loss in body fat can be compensated with a increase in muscle mass (being leaner) at around the same weight.. (consider using a tape measure and taking pics aside using the scale to see if there's process)..

It's not loosing weight itself, it's changing body composition.. less body fat overall & increasing muscle mass.. Cat Wink

Ice Cream

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@ChubbyButCute

Hi and welcome to the community.  I work with computers and spend a lot of my time during the day at a desk and I also travel for work, so airports, hotels and restaurants.  I started at 240 in Dec 2014 and as of last weeks weigh in, I'm at 190 with 10 more lbs to go.  Let me assure you, this has not been an easy journey, but oh so worth it.  I've had set backs and successes.  The key is never give up.  Here's a little motivational story:

Two frogs fell in the butter churn that was filled with cream as it chilled in the stream.  They swam around in the cream for quite sometime when one finally said, I can't keep swimming.  I'm getting so tired I just can't go on.  The other tried to encourage him to hang in there, but finally he gave up and sank into the cream and drowned.  The second frog kept kicking and kicking as hard as he could telling himself never to give up.  When the farmer finally came to check on the cream and begin churning, he takes off the lid and there the second frog sat resting on a pat of butter churned from all his kicking.  Never give up!

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer

Have fun reaching your goals @ChubbyButCute

PS: Don't deny any foods, have with care (prevents binge eating), it's not a diet, it's about changing food habits.

It's possible to stay at the same weight when starting to work out.. not necessary a increase in body fat but if loosing body fat, the weight loss in body fat can be compensated with a increase in muscle mass (being leaner) at around the same weight.. (consider using a tape measure and taking pics aside using the scale to see if there's process)..

It's not loosing weight itself, it's changing body composition.. less body fat overall & increasing muscle mass.. Cat Wink

Ice Cream

Best Answer
0 Votes

Added! I have a similar goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi! added you... I also need motivation as I feel I hit a plateau, been on the same weight for about 5mths despite getting active and exercising. I bought a fitbit with the hopes that this will motivate me.

let's move it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

feel free to join our weekly weigh in thread as well.  Being accountable has helped me a lot.  Also, don't make excuses along the way - own your journey.  I found a blog post that really helped me see the attitude portion.

http://coachtaylorsimon.ca/uncategorized/the-brutally-honest-6-reasons-you-are-still-overfat/

It's a little harsh but he makes good points.

Best Answer

Hi!!! How are you doing with your goal?! I have used my fitbit for soooo long but never really utilized it to lose weight. I am moving to Florida in 6 months and want to try to lose around 50 pounds so that I'll be comfortable in the hotter weather (and wearing shorts all the time!) so I'm looking for some fitbit friends to stay on track with. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I could do some some motivation as well.

I lost  alot of weight... and then I've let it all pile back on again.

x

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

Just see as carrying extra energy for survival (in a mission to lower again). Foods and the precious body are our best friends, they keep us alive.

Changing the body composition is tricky, but everything's possible.

Exercise to increase muscle mass, eating healthier overall (when hungry) to decrease body fat.. and getting leaner..

When eating see how you feel, what does your precious body tells you? (no appetite yet, needing to force feed in the moment, could eat a little bit more but not so much)..

Personally have about 500 calories left to eat (comfortably satisfied, not needing more in the moment), if eating more feeling would go towards getting uncomfortable and on the way to being stuffed.. avoid the feeling of being between uncomfortable and stuffed.. that means eated to much.. it's possible if eaten to little, to eat again when hungry.

Never give up.

Cinema

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey guys! I'm glad y'all are here!
@chubybutcute I'm working at the same goal and would like to offer and receive motivation. I'm free for accountable and planning.
@ tamado thanks for mentioning the weekly weigh in, it really helps me to share with others the celebrations and challenges (aka C&C's)
@ Mystique thanks for your motivating and positive posts!
Best Answer