Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Meals for the Day

Egg White Veggie WrapEgg White Veggie WrapBroccoli BreadBroccoli BreadPork WrapsPork WrapsGreek Yogurt Parfait with GranolaGreek Yogurt Parfait with GranolaChicken NachosChicken Nachos😊

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Nice meals, @bodylogicbyjeff !  No pics for me but here are today’s meals. 

- breakfast - 1/4 cup mixed, unsalted nuts. Coffee w/Half & half

- Lunch - 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage topped with 3 tablespoons hummus 

- Snack - Premier Protein latte

- dinner - Steamed broccoli and baked cod

Counting carbs to control Type 2 diabetes. Managing to stay off meds ... and losing some weight along the way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that's really healthy!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @bodylogicbyjeff - The pandemic was a wake up call for me. It hit me hard that with everything going on and access to doctors limited, it was up to me to do everything I could to control my health issues. I did make a wonderful discovery that might help others. Prior to this, it was like I was addicted to carbs ... it was a compulsion that over-rode any will power. But after 3 days of limited carbs, that went away. I tested it a couple times ... eating more than my self prescribed amount ... and the cravings came back immediately, needing another several days of misery to stop them. So no more “testing.” It all seems to be about balancing the carbs in each meal, less in the am and lunch if I want more at dinner. Planning, planning, planning. The pandemic and sheltering-in-place gave me 3 months to work on new habits. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Carol,

I also have trouble balancing my carbs 🙂

Best Answer

I too have had a lot of success using this 3 months of the pandemic shelter in to really smooth out my food habits. I had been doing "Keto" but it was what experts would call "Dirty Keto" meaning, eating a lot of fatty foods, but not necessarily balancing the veggies and not necessarily GOOD fatty foods. Long term that doesn't work. I did lose 20 pounds over 5 months but wasn't necessarily healthier nor totally able to handle cravings.

I've totally changed my habits in lockdown and I've lost 12 pounds as well as I feel so much better. Yesterday I had:

-- My wake up drink... 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 table spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 fresh squeezed lemon and a pinch of Organic Stevia. These are all great to supress appetite and help cleanse my system first thing on wake up with antioxidant boost from the lemon.

-- Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 (This is slightly cheating on Keto, but seems to work for me)

-- mid morning a small cheese and 5 slices of Salami

-- "Lunch" Frozen blueberries (less than 1/2 a cup) with heavy cream poured on top (makes me feel like i get desert!! Tastes yum and takes nothing to make)

-- 1 bigger dinner meal, Like... spring salad, vinegar, oil, an 8 oc piece of steak with cheese sauce and cauliflower rice cooked with Organic butter.

On this I too learned to handle my carb cravings. I used to eat A TON of sugar, but I don't now,  And, when I do we make Keto ice cream or another healthy snack like Almond Butter cookies made with Almond Flour.

Also, I take Pottasium and raw organic wheatgrass powder and that has helped hydrate me so I have been able to add a 1 hour walk to my day. Thanks for listening!

Best Answer

Great Job!   That's awesome!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes